Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Great ref when a decision goes for us shit ref if it goes against us .

fanny use “waze” sat nav app and get a car phone charger cos they use up batteries and use this to hold phone https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magnetic-Cellphones-Samsung-Blackview-Black/dp/B01JG7ZMIW
  • Options
    Decent away numbers for us 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Parker looked excellent in the reserve game yesterday, as I've said...he surely has to be on the bench at least for the rest of the season!
    Which begs the question.....why ??
    Which part of Parker had a virus and needed to be kept away from the 1st team squad when they trained and worked on formation during the week don't you understand ?

The report from Jason Euell will be positive about Parker and Reeco. Josh will rejoin the squad and contribute.
    I predicted a draw against our top 6 play off contender's and Cafc just about achived it.

The worst kept secret since February 1st; the top 2 was just a pipe dream has come to fruition. The only other results that matter to us now are Posh and Donny. 

Yes we still need Pompey and Sunderland to drop points,(Luton + Barnsley auto's) so we have a chance of 4th and the home leg 2nd.
     Lets keep everyone fit (miracle !) and not get silly cards. We need to beat Burton, Bradford, and Rochdale etc, and don't lose to Pompey and Luton. 

The Grant transfer has had a psychological effect on the players and fans alike but we must adapt to have any chance. 
  • Options
    The the goals have gone, the wins have gone, automatics have long gone, just the play offs to go next.  God I hope not. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Parker looked excellent in the reserve game yesterday, as I've said...he surely has to be on the bench at least for the rest of the season!
    Which begs the question.....why ??
    Which part of Parker had a virus and needed to be kept away from the 1st team squad when they trained and worked on formation during the week don't you understand ?

The report from Jason Euell will be positive about Parker and Reeco. Josh will rejoin the squad and contribute.
    I predicted a draw against our top 6 play off contender's and Cafc just about achived it.

The worst kept secret since February 1st; the top 2 was just a pipe dream has come to fruition. The only other results that matter to us now are Posh and Donny. 

Yes we still need Pompey and Sunderland to drop points,(Luton + Barnsley auto's) so we have a chance of 4th and the home leg 2nd.
     Lets keep everyone fit (miracle !) and not get silly cards. We need to beat Burton, Bradford, and Rochdale etc, and don't lose to Pompey and Luton. 

The Grant transfer has had a psychological effect on the players and fans alike but we must adapt to have any chance. 
    As a striker coming off the bench with 10 mins to go you don't need any "team formation" training ffs!!

Been saying for weeks that the top 2 was unachievable....but also that we should he nailed on for 5th or 6th. Really don't think it matters which position you ultimately finish in.....but it does matter how you finish the season. Strong like in 1998 or a bit leggy like last year.
  • Options
    Highlights here: https://www.skysports.com/football/doncaster-vs-charlton/393506
    From the angle can't really see if offside or not for the Doncaster last goal - but trust the assistant's view... :)
  • Options
    Highlight of the day
    @ElfsborgAddick in the pub.
    "I think we've got a drummer today"
    Me 
    "Is the bloke carrying the drum a giveaway elfs"
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Highlight of the day
    Me 
    The drummers mates got him to play the drum on the escalator at London bridge on the way home last night.
    Excellent performance. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Highlight of the day
    Me 
    The drummers mates got him to play the drum on the escalator at London bridge on the way home last night.
    Excellent performance. 
    Elfs is still in Sheffield how'd he play the drum at London bridge 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Highlight of the day
    Me 
    Excellent performance. 
    Knob 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I only saw the second half of the game on a stream, so unfortunately missed most of our best play.

We looked a bit leggy near the end and more like the team who had played midweek, although maybe a couple of players were feeling the effects of the virus. The quick equaliser after our really good spell of pressure obviously gave Donny a huge lift and we were indebted to Dillon at the end for a couple of excellent saves - not for the first time since the turn of the year. We may only have taken 7 points from the last 6 games but the concession of only 4 goals in those games is impressive and a lot of that is down to Dillon and Naby.

Bowyer said earlier in the week that Igor was not fit to start, but he had no choice but to play him, given the paucity of our resources. At least we’ll have Parker available for next week’s game. One man up front simply doesn’t work for us.

The loss of Grant’s pace and directness has deprived us of an important attacking weapon and, for all our undoubted quality in midfield, the team is suffering from a lack of penetration. Hopefully, Parker or Vetokele will be able to step up and do a decent job for us, Lyle’s form will pick up once the Sword of Damocles is no longer hanging over him and Tarique Fosu will get back on his game (a promising cameo yesterday).

Overall a good point, which maintains the 5 point lead over Donny.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Highlights here: https://www.skysports.com/football/doncaster-vs-charlton/393506
    From the angle can't really see if offside or not for the Doncaster last goal - but trust the assistant's view... :)

• Options
    Going by the 3 minute highlights it should have been 4-4.
    The reports of guys being there didn't reflect that, plus Igor did good work in those clips.
    Where you all pissed ?
  • Options
    Great ref when a decision goes for us shit ref if it goes against us .

fanny use “waze” sat nav app and get a car phone charger cos they use up batteries and use this to hold phone https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOSH-Magnetic-Cellphones-Samsung-Blackview-Black/dp/B01JG7ZMIW
    Thanks, ooah.

But what makes you think I'll be buying a satnav ?

It's a new hubby on my Xmas list ! 

:-:smile:
  • Options
    Very good result  in my eyes being away and it keeps the gap we have between us and them. They needed to win a lot more than us. One of our betst performances for a while too. Could have gone either way in the end, lots of chances at both ends overall a draw was probably fair. A bit worrying though that it's another game where one of our players have failed to score. 5 goals in 7 now, one being a penalty (Accrington), one an own goal (yesterday) and one v 10 men (southend). Taylor not played well since Grant left and missed two big chances yesterday is worrying, need him back at his best or else I can see Peterborough catching us. 

On the positive side, defence was relatively solid again yesterday other than Purrington who I thought was poor (need Page back ASAP) and another great performance from Phillips. Credit to everyone who traveled yesterday, didn't stop singing once. 

• Options
  • Options
    How long does Taylor have to survive before the booking limit increases?

Get the feeling that is affecting his game a little
    I'll check but think he's ok now, as I thought it was 10 yellows before March 7th.
    If a player gets 10 yellows by match week 32 they will be handed a two match ban.
    So what week are we ?
    Pretty sure its 37

We are now in 35 so 2 more games to last
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    How long does Taylor have to survive before the booking limit increases?

Get the feeling that is affecting his game a little
    I'll check but think he's ok now, as I thought it was 10 yellows before March 7th.
    If a player gets 10 yellows by match week 32 they will be handed a two match ban.
    So what week are we ?
    Pretty sure its 37

We are now in 35 so 2 more games to last
    This was confirmed by Lyle himself at Bromley addicts during his suspension.
    He said he mustn't get 2 bookings in the next 5 games.
    He stated he would get one more yellow card though before the 37th game ! 
    (which he did in first game back)

I wonder ?

• Options
    ct_addick said:
     Automatics gone and Donny now breathing down our necks.
    Not sure how you to come to that conclusion.
    Donny lost in midweek and couldn't beat us today.
  • Options
    Strange game. Poor first half from both teams. Second half never thought we'd score, but 3 points were looking good until Igor went off, and then Doncaster ran us ragged. 2 disallowed Donnie goals, 3 worldies from Phillips, and somehow we had a point.
    Aribo was awesome, Taylor never looked like scoring. Fabulous away support, but god, these indentikit out of town stadiums are soulless places.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Good view of their goal at the death below

Part of me thinks we've gotten away with it, part of me thinks its the bloke sticking his leg out that makes him offside and disallows the goal

If that numpty doesnt do that then he's effectively not putting his foot into an offside position and cant be classed as interferring with play

An excellent 16 min vlog, showing about 8 mins of the game.
    Their goal should have stood.
    Yes a player was in an offside position, but he was not in Phillips line of vision & under todays rules was clearly not interfering.

Another Donny player who may have headed the ball in the net and was interfering, had somewhere between 2&4 Charlton players playing him onside.
    Purrington & Bauer were behind him, as I believe was Sarr. Possibly even Solly.
    You can easily pause the vid as Marquis shoots.

Thanks lino.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Did Igor "kick on"?
    No - he was anonymous. Was s good game both teams had very similar chances to win it- they had 2 threats up front, we had 1 and that is why we will make the play offs but not win them - had grant stayed and we added another. I think we could have caught the top 2 - aribo was our best player yesterday although went missing for bits of the game - first 20 we were so superior and our midfield were a  it above theirs but in the end we were hanging on
  • Options

Part of me thinks we've gotten away with it, part of me thinks its the bloke sticking his leg out that makes him offside and disallows the goal

If that numpty doesnt do that then he's effectively not putting his foot into an offside position and cant be classed as interferring with play

Yes a player was in an offside position, but he was not in Phillips line of vision & under todays rules was clearly not interfering.

Another Donny player who may have headed the ball in the net and was interfering, had somewhere between 2&4 Charlton players playing him onside.

Thanks lino.
    Yeah but the game should have ended a minute beforehand, so
  • Options

Thanks lino.

cafc-west said:
    How could he not be in the keeper’s eyeline (see above pic)? With a cross coming in it might have looked to Dillon that the offside player was well positioned to head the ball, so might have shifted his position, or balance accordingly. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Thanks lino.

cafc-west said:
    How could he not be in the keeper’s eyeline (see above pic)? With a cross coming in it might have looked to Dillon that the offside player was well positioned to head the ball, so might have shifted his position, or balance accordingly. 
    I'm judging it on the basis I've probably watched a 1,000 games since the rule changed and I cannot recall a goal disallowed for offside, when a player is in a similar situation.

Yes the player in the offside position is in the peripheral vision of the goalkeeper, but there's no way he would be deemed to be interfering, as the shot comes from the right Of Phillips and the offside player is to the left.
    The ball is in the net before the player gets infront of Phillips.

The player intefering and who possibly headed the ball in, was not offside when Marquis shot.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Thanks lino.

cafc-west said:
    I'm judging it on the basis I've probably watched a 1,000 games since the rule changed and I cannot recall a goal disallowed for offside, when a player is in a similar situation.

Yes the player in the offside position is in the peripheral vision of the goalkeeper, but there's no way he would be deemed to be interfering, as the shot comes from the right Of Phillips and the offside player is to the left.
    The ball is in the net before the player gets infront of Phillips.

The player intefering and who possiblt headed the ball in, was not offside when Marquis shot.
    I know what you’re saying, but I disagree that he was in his periferal vision. He was standing in front of him!
    Either way, he’s a great linesman!
  • Options
    It was offside.

The referee said so.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Highlight of the day
    Me 
    Excellent performance. 
    Knob 
    100%
  • Options
    I know the words 'Rod' and 'Liddle' are about as popular on here as the words 'Rampant' and 'Herpes' BUT RL has written a very good article in todays S Times. It's both perceptive and amusing as well as right on the money. The subject is Duchatelets letter in particular and barmy club owners in general .. 
    I know the S Times is hardly the newsread of choice for most, but if you can get hold of a copy of if someone who subscribes online can do a paste and copy, it's well worth a read
  • Options
    Offside no brainer