Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How will RD's ownership end?

Comments

• Options
    It is increasingly evident that there has never been any serious intention of selling.

If there was the price would be realistic. 
  • Options
    With Richard Murray as owner / part owner
    Looks the most likely doesn't it.  I would imagine that Dickie will have a wip round, pay RD the £1.  Sign some sort of "lease with the option to buy" document for the Holdings business, which wouldn't trigger either ACV or the directors loans. 

Ironic RD would own the Valley, with is in part Murray's legecy, while RM would own the playing squad, or lack of, that's RD's. 
  • Options
    I can see nothing but disaster. I feel only Richard Murray can have a sensible talk with him.
  • Options

Den will threaten to divorce Ange.

Phil and Grant will continue to goose Sharon behind each other's backs.

Ali Osman's cab firm will fall into liquidation (mainly due to Uber).

Dr Legg will run off with Dot Cotton.

And Arthur will return in a shower scene with Pauline, Lofty, Wilmott-Brown and Pat Butcher.

• Options
    He'll split the club from The Valley and Sparrows lane and we'll be stuck with him for many many years to come. Pretty confident on this. 
  • Options
    Have you seen “The greatest showman”?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    He'll split the club from The Valley and Sparrows lane and we'll be stuck with him for many many years to come. Pretty confident on this. 
    100%

Never shall I take the rise about away ticket sales again.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    By dissolving Charlton Athletic.
    Oh well at least he sorted out the drainage problem with the pitch.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    When he dies. His heirs will have to deal with the sale. Let's hope they're more interested in cutting their losses. 

That said, happy to revisit the good people of St Truiden to annoy the hell out of the bad person of St Truiden. 

Edited to add: we should contact his partner/kids directly and tell them that we are not going away and the only way out of it for Roland is to sell and in order to do that he has to accept that he will have lost money. The alternative is to lose more money (and more face) over a longer period. 
    Ditto Melexis and any other company he's involved in. 
  • Options
    I can see nothing but disaster. I feel only Richard Murray can have a sensible talk with him.

Sensible talk? With/from Murray?! Yeah... no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    By dissolving Charlton Athletic.
    Sadly, this is an ever growing possibility.  If the opportunity to cut his multi million annual losses is one he has repeatedly rejected, what can possibly make any difference to him now?  With this week's barely credible glimpse into his psyche, any remaining grain of credibility has been washed clean away.  No businessman with an atom of self-respect can countenance having anything to do with him, for fear of the contagion of his outright lunacy.
    roly has dramatically moved from 'won't sell' to 'can't sell', not because he doesn't have a very salable asset but because he is untouchable, a pariah.
    Given the gravity of the club's situation it is beholden on the EFL to exercise whatever powers it has to protect the future of one of its 72 member teams.  I have spent the last 24 hours trying to find out what those powers might be in such a debacle, thus far, without success.  EFL is not exactly forthcoming with what it can, let alone, is inclined to do.
    I would like to think that it wouldn't take tangible malfeasance like perpetrated by the Oystens before any football authority proved its validity and mettle.
    We can hope that the EFL will prove itself to be more robust than the chocolate teapot it has hitherto resembled.  We shouldn't pin too much on them though, they are fundamentally only the trade association for the 72 club owners, their emphasis is on their own revenue, fixture fulfillment, money, protecting crap officials and money.  Fans, communities, grass roots football and integrity don't even get lip service.  
  • Options

rananegra said:
    When he dies. His heirs will have to deal with the sale. Let's hope they're more interested in cutting their losses. 

That said, happy to revisit the good people of St Truiden to annoy the hell out of the bad person of St Truiden. 

Edited to add: we should contact his partner/kids directly and tell them that we are not going away and the only way out of it for Roland is to sell and in order to do that he has to accept that he will have lost money. The alternative is to lose more money (and more face) over a longer period. 
    If he's 72 now - he could live another 10 years. Do you really think by the time he shuffles of this mortal coil there will still be a Charlton ?

• Options

Sadly @StigThundercock you are voicing my concerns.

And if this does happen it will be the legacy of Richard Murray as well as of Roland Duchatelet.

The EFL is toothless; all the more reason for fans to keep snapping at its heels.  We've always said this is a marathon, not a sprint.

• Options
    N01R4M said:

And if this does happen it will be the legacy of Richard Murray as well as of Roland Duchatelet.

The EFL is toothless; all the more reason for fans to keep snapping at its heels.  We've always said this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Quite.  If, (and it's becoming a worrying if) Roland withdraws the club from the league at the end of the season will the EFL give a toss?  They'll have completed all the fixtures and could promote an extra team for next season.   Roland will have cut a lot of his day-to-day running costs (after redundancy payments).  Yes, he'll be stuck with the Valley and Sparrows Lane, but in his warped world they'll just look like Belgravia value plots of land on his asset sheet :disappointed:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    N01R4M said:

Quite.  If, (and it's becoming a worrying if) Roland withdraws the club from the league at the end of the season will the EFL give a toss?  They'll have completed all the fixtures and could promote an extra team for next season.   Roland will have cut a lot of his day-to-day running costs (after redundancy payments).  Yes, he'll be stuck with the Valley and Sparrows Lane, but in his warped world they'll just look like Belgravia value plots of land on his asset sheet :disappointed:

don't give the deluded old bungler ideas!  withdrawal at the end of the season will be top of EFL's wishlist too.  that way they can 'save' one team from relegation this year, probably from L2 as that means they get to keep one more in the old boys' network.
    roly will have so few left on his roster at CAFC by 1 June that the redundancy costs will be a tiny fraction of the running costs for the following season.  The fact that the Valley is a total white elephant without CAFC won't register with the risible old berk cos he knows better than everyone else about everything.  Not sure the same is true about Sparrows Lane, which is why he stopped maintaining it as a prime football training venue years ago.
    oh shit
  • Options
    With an with a one way all expenses paid trip to a Saudi Arabian embassy of Duchâtelet’s choice.
  • Options
    Not bloody soon enough !!!
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    N01R4M said:

You're getting a bit too carried away here.  With all due respect.
  • Options
    What's preventing RD from rendering the club insolvent and pulling all funding? Is it the fact that he would be writing off £42m? If not, I am unclear why he would continue paying a penny. Is he legally obliged to do so?
  • Options
    Whenever it ends I feel the legacy of Roland will be with us for years to come.  This is how far Roland has dragged this club into the mire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whenever it ends I feel the legacy of Roland will be with us for years to come.  This is how far Roland has dragged this club into the mire.

Hear what you are saying, but football clubs have a history of rising from the depths of administration, relegation etc. why should we be any different? It all depends on the new owners of course, and while I don't expect miracles a steady investment over two or three years and we might be challenging for something. Naturally, the longer the Belgian shit-weasel hangs around the darker are our prospects for just survival as a football club.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    N01R4M said:

You're getting a bit too carried away here.  With all due respect.
    I agree, glass half nearly empty an' all that.  Just every so often I think 'well what's the worst that could happen?' ...and then I shudder
  • Options
    I am not sure how and I no longer care how, as long as it ENDS.

Whether it is disastrous or just a buy out he has to go and I have no doubts we as fans will overcome what ever situation to put our club Charlton Athletic back on the map. 
  • Options
    Aside from the obvious of him being significantly out of pocket if he liquidated the club, actions have consequences. Look what happened at Dulwich Hamlet when their owners tried to pull the plug on the club. Multiply that by 100. 
    Also, does anyone think we as fans would sit idly by without trying to hold him to account? It would end up being far worse for him than a few bits of paint on some buildings and, more importantly, wouldn't stop. Think of the hate AFC Wimbledon still have for MK Dons - this would be our equivalent and we would not miss any opportunity to get back at him. 
    If he wants to avoid being annoyed by mostly polite people from SE London the rest of his life, he needs to sell. Or his family need to step in and persuade him, if only for his own mental health. 
  • Options
    Why am I getting notifications every time someone comments on this thread?
  • Options

• Options
    In a burger bar rather than a cafe, so...

Not with a banger but with a Wimpy.
  • Options
    Like an episode of Game of Thrones.

There will be deceit, death and destruction. And plenty of naked ladies everywhere you look.
    So nothing for Fanny, Weegie, Hants, etc?
  • Options
    addick05 said:

rananegra said:

If he's 72 now - he could live another 10 years. Do you really think by the time he shuffles of this mortal coil there will still be a Charlton ?

If he's anything like Phil the Greek he could be around for another twenty-five years or more.  Now there's a frightening thought.
  • Options
    Why am I getting notifications every time someone comments on this thread?
    Because we all love you so much and don't want you to forget us.