Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How will RD's ownership end?

Will it be a smooth sale or a series of spiteful and nasty actions in an attempt to get back at everyone?

His pride has been wounded and for such a vain man I'm unclear how he can see a way out of this. He's never going to get the price he wants yet he hangs on and continues to devalue the club. 

Comments

• With Richard Murray as owner / part owner
  • By dissolving Charlton Athletic.
  • Badly
    Very much this. I cannot see a good end to this sorry business. RD is too delusional and, I suspect, too spiteful to allow this to end any other way.
  • He'll be fiddling whilst his Hotel burns behind him

I was going to say the Valley would be the one burning but that would be sacrilege
  • Never.

Imagine the heel of a duck taped shoe being ground into the face of a fan forever.

That is our future.
  • He will still have some sort of hold on Sparrows Lane and/or The Valley.
  • I'm not going with the Armageddon predictions at the moment, and I wonder whether yesterdays hissy fit on the OS was just a message to the fans to back right off. However, he is the owner, and he seems to be coming unravelled where Charlton is concerned. The logical solution would have been to lower his price last september, offload, and get the hell out of Dodge. That he prefers to hang around with his inflated prices, bizarre rants and silly history rewrites suggests he is capable of doing any manner of off the wall madness. 
    Not convinced he actually will though. Don't blink people!
  • The bloke can not accept reality. At the age of 72 (not sure if that is his confimed actual age)

If you can not accept reality and at least try to understand another person's point of view....then you are unfortunately in a bubble of self destruction...which will also harm those around him.....including his employees and his "customers".

The bloke needs to see a mental health professional...but he won't. He is too proud and too much of a twat.

It would be better if he just allowed a family member to take control of the Charlton situation of selling it 

If any of them know a thing or 2 about business.

They certainly have the money to acquire a very good and informative accountant....if they need to.

Me personally...I know absolutely nothing about businesses. It is certainly not my strong point.

Common sense can sometimes fill the hole though!

Roland has no common sense!
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a party 🥳 
  • Is this the alternative Sale thread? Henry will be displeased!
  • With a big song and dance number, like a Bollywood feature.
  • Like an episode of Game of Thrones.

There will be deceit, death and destruction. And plenty of naked ladies everywhere you look.
  • With a Charlton Athletic ‘Truth & Reconciliation Commission’? 

Lot of bad blood around, these past few years. 
  • Who knows? Any predictions rely on RD acting in some sort of consistently logical way (even if we disagree with the logic or the conclusions) but it's increasingly seeming that the Dear Leader is actually, genuinely mentally disturbed. Who knows what he might do?
  • I think he'll die, his son will inherit the club and make a go of it for one season before getting bored and selling at a discounted price.
  • in a knife fight on the outskirts of Bruges 
  • Sponsored links:

• With a dance, then a bit of duck tape left on a cupboard like the end of Friends.
  • with the closure of Charlton thletic Fottball club
  • I think we're currently in a hostage situation: the club is being held by Roland against our wishes.

It will only end with an SAS-style assault on St Truiden.
  • he'll be forced to accept a lower price by whatever means
  • razil said:
    he'll be forced to accept a lower price by whatever means
    How on earth could you negotiate with RD though?
  • edited March 2019
    Roland tripping up on a loose piece of duct tape and breaking his neck.

• Why do I get the feeling that Richard Murrary is participating towards the f*ck up of every potential possible sale.
  • Natural causes.
  • In a burning fireball when a meteorite hits the earth in 2174. Unfortunately it occurs with just 1 game of the season remaining. Just as we were about to achieve our first ever promotion under Roland. From the South East London Sunday pub league.
  • We don't want RD as an absentee landlord - been there before and it's all misery.
    I can't see how it ends until he departs this earth, and his son does the sensible thing and sells at a loss.