Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Options
    Not watched a ball of it and no intention to do so. I only opened the thread because I was intrigued that @Jessie had posted on a thread purporting to be about cricket.

Financial news is better than the Hundred @Jessie!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Harrison was interviewed by Atherton at lunchtime. Basically, he blamed Covid for the scheduling and for the likes of Worcestershire not having a game between now and 31st August!

He was at pains to point out that a number of out grounds have reaped the benefit of allowing more people to see County cricket. Which is fantastic when you are one of those where your main ground is being utilised for the Hundred but of no worth whatsoever when you're a smaller County with no cricket whatsoever!
  • Options
    Apart from table tennis and a bit of football what is the main sports of China?
  • Options
    Basketball?
  • Options
    My husband has watched most Hundred matches and therefore as it has been on every evening, I've watched it too. I haven't watched the women's matches as I'm working, but I've found the men's matches to be very entertaining.

There are many shots of the crowd showing families enjoying themselves and that must be a good thing. 
  • Options
    First score of 200 tonight, it is very entertaining.
  • Options
    Basketball?
    Quite possibly the worst game ever invented. Squecky shoes a plenty. 

They must have sports that aren't western.
  • Options
    My husband has watched most Hundred matches and therefore as it has been on every evening, I've watched it too. I haven't watched the women's matches as I'm working, but I've found the men's matches to be very entertaining.

There are many shots of the crowd showing families enjoying themselves and that must be a good thing. 

Increased crowds causing increased traffic in local area. 
  • Options
    The one thing I don’t understand is that teams don’t have settled squads. They only play 8 games so why not name a squad of 15 and stick to it.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like the double headers are going to remain for the foreseeable future, and the womens game not relegated to lower capacity county grounds.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The one thing I don’t understand is that teams don’t have settled squads. They only play 8 games so why not name a squad of 15 and stick to it.  
    the 'drafted squads' of over a year a go have been decimated as a lot of overseas players couldn't travel due to covid .. and England call ups have cut into the squads .. e.g. Moheen from Brum and Bairstow from Welsh Fire .. however the absences have given chances to young English players which they otherwise would not have got, and that has filtered down to the county game with counties selecting young players from academies and the top club teams to replace those who have temporarily gone to the Hundred
  • Options
    the 'drafted squads' of over a year a go have been decimated as a lot of overseas players couldn't travel due to covid .. and England call ups have cut into the squads .. e.g. Moheen from Brum and Bairstow from Welsh Fire .. however the absences have given chances to young English players which they otherwise would not have got, and that has filtered down to the county game with counties selecting young players from academies and the top club teams to replace those who have temporarily gone to the Hundred
     Bloody pile of dig turd this Americanisation of cricket.9
    Hope you don't like T20 as well, with teams like Lancashire Lightning or Yorkshire Vikings 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Hope you don't like T20 as well, with teams like Lancashire Lightning or Yorkshire Vikings 

...or the England Lions
  • Options
    And that's meant to be a good thing for supporters of the counties, forced to watch a team full of kids and journeymen?

I would have watched Kent a couple of times this summer in the 50 over competition, but didn't bother as we've basically lost an entire side due to 100 callups, many of whom aren't even playing anyway (Cox and Blake for example)
  • Options
    Heartened by the outpouring of support amongst real cricket fans for the county game and proper cricket. The Hundred = Addicks to Victory in place of the RRR.
  • Options
    Living on the American side of the pond now I can vouch for this. However at least the business models/franchises over here, while they last in their target city, have youth programs, farm teams and academies.
  • Options
    Very small sample size but mrs Boots who hates cricket with avengence is now watching the Hundred every night. 

They need to do some scheduling changes in future but it looks like it has been a sucess. 
  • Options
    Very small sample size but mrs Boots who hates cricket with avengence is now watching the Hundred every night. 

They need to do some scheduling changes in future but it looks like it has been a sucess. 
    How would you change the schedules?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basketball?
    Quite possibly the worst game ever invented. Squecky shoes a plenty. 

They must have sports that aren't western.
    Yes we do. Chinese style square dancing is huge among middle-aged women. :D

Other than basketball and football, jogging and badminton are popular too.
  • Options
    It appears to be something with 11 men in blue playing against 11 men in green.

Bring back dressage!
  • Options
    Struggled when widescreen was introduced in 98, but don't wanna go back now. 

Is there a way of getting rid of those side bars? Don't wanna go back to 4:3.
  • Options
    I can miss them but I have watched a lot of them. I think it has been a success. I don't see it taking over from T20 but it is sort of interchangeable with it. I could see it evolving into an Olympic event if the ICC has ambitions in that direction.
  • Options
    I can miss them but I have watched a lot of them. I think it has been a success. I don't see it taking over from T20 but it is sort of interchangeable with it. I could see it evolving into an Olympic event if the ICC has ambitions in that direction.
    They’ve got the t20 on from 2028 already. The 100 is and will be a British thing. 
    The main aim is 8 or 10 major teams in all formats so Kent are at risk. Therefore I oppose it. 
  • Options
    Heard more shenanigans were had with the 20 somethings unable to hold their beer ruining it for families at the Oval last night. Even a fight at the tube station.

Is this happening at T20 now? I haven’t been since I moved to Eire but I was a regular at the Oval for all forms before & never saw it 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Heard more shenanigans were had with the 20 somethings unable to hold their beer ruining it for families at the Oval last night. Even a fight at the tube station.

Is this happening at T20 now? I haven’t been since I moved to Eire but I was a regular at the Oval for all forms before & never saw it 🤷‍♀️
    for my part a ban on selling alcohol at all sports venues is the way forward, BUT of course, it'll never happen as at about a fiver a pint, the profits are too enticing .. pissed up dickhead yobs acting up for the TV cameras and one another need being told to politely or otherwise to feck off .. at test matches 'beer glass snakes' providing a right laugh for commentators who should  know better, the childish  Barmy Amy shouting and hollering making things tiresome for the sober amongst the spectators .. it can't all be blamed on  post lockdown euphoria, .. as a society personal freedom more and more seems to be a licence to act like a spoilt 6 year old brat who has never been taught any manners .. in this country the only way to have fun can't surely be to get pissed every time you go out, there  must be better ways to loosen up and lose your inhibitions .. so there you go
  • Options

The double header women and men’s matches mean twice as much drinking time...
  • Options

The double header women and men’s matches mean twice as much drinking time...
    Are these types actually attending both?