Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Slates Roland

goes for it in today’s SLP

“I don’t know if he [Duchatelet] is even going to sell the club. He doesn’t seem to be that interested in in anything Charlton, or anything helping Charlton at the moment” 

Comments

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this the time where Roland gets in touch with Bowyer and tells him not to pick Lyle? If so, Bow should call his bluff, as he won't be sacked (it would cost RD money) and he will get another job once his contract runs out anyway. Maybe Lyle should also consider playing out the second season of his contract (whoever is left at the club) just so that his transfer fee (should he go in the summer) cannot go into RD's pockets!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Looking forward to seeing that online

Wonder if we'll see one of the bigger winning margins for POTY this season
    Almost certainly, I think Taylor will run away with it but I hope players such as Sarr gets a good amount of votes too.

Taylor is showing himself to be proper Charlton. His effort and determination on the pitch, add a little bit of skill on top, and then you have his attitude, personality and soul off the pitch. He gets it he really does, and if Taylor gets it, with the influence in the dressing room I am sure he is, you can be certain that everyone from Bowyer down is feeling a pretty similar way.

Of course our support for the team has never wavered, and for us to get promoted this season we need to almost be that extra signing Roland won’t sanction, we have the ability to drive this team on to win more games. But it’s now for the first time in a while that I feel the team and the supporters are starting to feel as one towards RD. We can only hope that we use this passion in a positive way to get us to be where we really need to be. And as I’ve said previously, it will be of no help from Roland. Quite frankly, it could well be one of our biggest achievements in recent history, but with Taylor leading the line and getting it like we do, I feel we have a good chance.
    I wonder if the gap will be closer (Sarr and Bielik would probably second and third, but not neccesarily in that order for me) with people maybe casting their vote elsewhere because they think that everyone else will vote for Taylor

I presume that Grant is eligible still?
  • Options
    As for Roland being aware I'd be shocked if he took any interest in anything to do with the club at the moment other than any potential takeover - He's probably asking his PA who this Lyle Taylor fella is
  • Options
    Good to see a current player coming out and saying what he feels, and I guess it is echoed by other players. They are doing their best, along with Bowyer and JJ, to get the club either promoted directly or through the play-offs and yet see the team being weakened at a crucial time of the season. I think, along with @Garrymanilow that he will be gone at the end of the season unless 1) RD sells and buggers off 2) we get promoted and money is spent by RD on beefing up the squad. Outside of either of those I think he will go as soon as possible. 
    With Lyle openly criticising RD and the news of The AVC coming out today, may this move RD to give up and go?
    If we get promoted and that's a big if, there is absolutely no chance of Roland spending money to beef up the squad. He may sanction the bringing in of various free transfers to bring the squad numbers up to the bare minimum. Other than that he will expect whoever is manager to promote youth players into the first team squad. 
  • Options
    IF HE WANTS HE CAN BUY THE CLUB WHOS WITH ME PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS
  • Options

Sounds like he may be trying to engineer a move away.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

.....and who could blame him. As long as he doesn't go to Millwall or Palace!
  • Options
    Nice one!
  • Options

.....and who could blame him. As long as he doesn't go to Millwall or Palace!
    Why would he want to go back to Millwall... he escaped once...
  • Options
    Well done L Taylor.
  • Options
    If Roland doesn’t go soon.... I imagine that we will be stepping up actions in Belgium once more.... surely