Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien Meire leaves Sheffield wednesday

1468910

Comments

  • Am surprised that we've not had a full on BBC article complaining about her leaving Sheffield Wednesday meaning that there are now less women in Football than what there should be - They usually do it when someone like Keith Curle gets sacked from a Managerial position
    Huh? I thought Keith Curle was a man...
  • Has she split up with Morgan Fox then?
  • Have the Premier League found a replacement for Richard Scudamore yet?
    Peter Scudamore would be better than Meire.
  • JamesSeed said:
    On reflection MAYBE I was a bit too kind but when still I do believe that she isn’t quite as bad as it seemed she was when she was with us. With any luck she’ll end up in an unimportant backroom job at the FA and we’ll never have to worry or talk about her again. 
    I suspect if the FA employ her they’ll want her front of house. 
    Receptionist?
    Office hours*:

    Open 11:45 - 12:00
    Closed for lunch 12:00 - 14:00
    Open 14:00 - 14:30

    *I may be exaggerating a bit here.











    I can't believe she'd work that long.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Just had a text from GM. He’s told me he’s no longer going to be CEO when the sale is completed (within the next two weeks, after a couple of hurdles have been cleared) but has poached an excellent replacement from some northern club. 
    Question.
    Are the Jimmy and Gerald phone calls still happening or has Gerald gone ex-directory because of embarrassment ?
    No. Just occasional texts re anything other than the takeover. 

    (PS It’s Gerard, pronounced to rhyme with Herod)
    I think I've gone off this Aussie consortium now if Herod's involved.

    I can't see the Academy attracting too many kids in the future and then where will the club get its players from?
    It'll ruin our chances of signing Gabriel Jesus too
  • Fumbluff said:
    Am surprised that we've not had a full on BBC article complaining about her leaving Sheffield Wednesday meaning that there are now less women in Football than what there should be - They usually do it when someone like Keith Curle gets sacked from a Managerial position
    Huh? I thought Keith Curle was a man...
    That's a whole different article entirely
  • JamesSeed said:
    On reflection MAYBE I was a bit too kind but when still I do believe that she isn’t quite as bad as it seemed she was when she was with us. With any luck she’ll end up in an unimportant backroom job at the FA and we’ll never have to worry or talk about her again. 
    I suspect if the FA employ her they’ll want her front of house. 
    Receptionist?
    Office hours*:

    Open 11:45 - 12:00
    Closed for lunch 12:00 - 14:00
    Open 14:00 - 14:30

    *I may be exaggerating a bit here.











    I can't believe she'd work that long.
    Office is closed all day on Thursdays
  • It would be meltdown on here if she did come back to Charlton, not sure i could say we've got our charlton back!
    Maybe uncle Roly will come calling with a nice big cheque but otherwise I don’t see why she’d want to come back now more than ever with the media attention we’ve been having. No matter what your view on her is being associated with Roland is toxic to anyone’s career, let alone twice.
    Writing big fat cheques is the very last thing Roland wants to do.  Why would he go back to bunging her 400k (allegedly) a year just for her to spend on new shoes?  Charlton runs a lot better with nobody running it (still cack, but it's all relative!)  Roland got a real bargain when she betrayed his patronage and quit.
  • edited February 12
    Missed It said:
    It would be meltdown on here if she did come back to Charlton, not sure i could say we've got our charlton back!
    Maybe uncle Roly will come calling with a nice big cheque but otherwise I don’t see why she’d want to come back now more than ever with the media attention we’ve been having. No matter what your view on her is being associated with Roland is toxic to anyone’s career, let alone twice.
    Writing big fat cheques is the very last thing Roland wants to do.  Why would he go back to bunging her 400k (allegedly) a year just for her to spend on new shoes?  Charlton runs a lot better with nobody running it (still cack, but it's all relative!)  Roland got a real bargain when she betrayed his patronage and quit.
    Makes you wonder if the takeover was made up a year ago to get her off the books by jumping ship, nothing would surprise me in Rolands world.
  • Sadly, she will do just fine. 
    Don't be so sure. 

    During our working lives, we will all (unfortunately) come across lots of people like Meire - basically talentless but good at playing the system. They flit from job to job, always getting out of the last job before the shit hits the fan. Eventually they get found out and disappear. It's often just a question of how long that takes  

    Isnt there a massive focus in most industries at the moment to progress the careers of women, particularly at Board / Senior Management level? KM is comfortable with a public profile, huge confidence and the backing of groups such as Women In Football to maintain and enhance her profile while there are so few women currently in those senior roles. 

    She was an unmitigated disaster with us, but that does not necessarily mean she was also a disaster over the last year at Sheffield W. General consensus seems to be she wasn’t. 

    I’m pretty confident her next move will again prove decent for her.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Sadly, she will do just fine. 
    Don't be so sure. 

    During our working lives, we will all (unfortunately) come across lots of people like Meire - basically talentless but good at playing the system. They flit from job to job, always getting out of the last job before the shit hits the fan. Eventually they get found out and disappear. It's often just a question of how long that takes  

    Isnt there a massive focus in most industries at the moment to progress the careers of women, particularly at Board / Senior Management level? KM is comfortable with a public profile, huge confidence and the backing of groups such as Women In Football to maintain and enhance her profile while there are so few women currently in those senior roles. 

    She was an unmitigated disaster with us, but that does not necessarily mean she was also a disaster over the last year at Sheffield W. General consensus seems to be she wasn’t. 

    I’m pretty confident her next move will again prove decent for her.
    Don't know about the consensus, but she's left the job after 13 months. Not a great sign, unless she's got a better one already.
  • Some shit floats
  • LenGlover said:
    Have the Premier League found a replacement for Richard Scudamore yet?
    Peter Scudamore would be better than Meire

    The FA or the Premier League deserve someone of Meire's qualities. Relatively young, a women and being from another country would really the world how progressive our football rulers are.

    Within a short period of time I'm sure she would be able to drive down turnover and viewing figures. It might even do football some good to have a huge disaster of ex CEO employed in an important role running amok.

  • Sadly, she will do just fine. 
    Don't be so sure. 

    During our working lives, we will all (unfortunately) come across lots of people like Meire - basically talentless but good at playing the system. They flit from job to job, always getting out of the last job before the shit hits the fan. Eventually they get found out and disappear. It's often just a question of how long that takes  

    Isnt there a massive focus in most industries at the moment to progress the careers of women, particularly at Board / Senior Management level? KM is comfortable with a public profile, huge confidence and the backing of groups such as Women In Football to maintain and enhance her profile while there are so few women currently in those senior roles. 

    She was an unmitigated disaster with us, but that does not necessarily mean she was also a disaster over the last year at Sheffield W. General consensus seems to be she wasn’t. 

    I’m pretty confident her next move will again prove decent for her.
    Don't know about the consensus, but she's left the job after 13 months. Not a great sign, unless she's got a better one already.

    RedChaser said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Can i be the first to say id still smash
    Italian Job, Michael Caine? :smiley:
    How about Brexit secretary?


  • You should add a health warning to that. 
    I always fancied Cheryl, Charlton fan as well.
  • To be fair to her we haven't really noticed what she actually brought to the table here but maybe we are looking at someone who will link up better with Bruce.

    Good to see you back on CL piggy.
  • tom- k said:
    Please go to Palace, please go to Palace, please go to Palace 👍🏼

    I'll drive her to the main entrance!
  • She's taking over from Sol Campbell as manager at Macclesfield
  • Sponsored links:


  • They should give her an open top bus to parade round the city when she goes. Her most successfull reign yet in English football. They'll be drinking her health for decades in the blue part of Sheffield. 
  • Know a hotel that is opening soon in St Triuden that is looking for staff .
  • Know a hotel that is opening soon in St Triuden that is looking for staff .
    I hope she doesn't get the hotel job ?

    The customers will never have clean sheets.
  • What is "a bit weird" excuse the pun, is the fact that people are suggesting Steve Bruce told her to f*ck off...so she had to go.

    I thought she participated towards the action of getting Steve Bruce in. 
    She technically would have been his boss?

    I guess that is why we had so many piss poor head coaches under her regime at Charlton.

    Only the awful and desperate felt just about ok enough to do what she said.
  • edited February 12
    I don't have hard feelings towards her. She was woefully inexperienced for the role and that is because Roland wanted a yes woman. How could she be anything else? That isn't to say she wasn't a disaster, she was, but so would any young person who knew nothing about english football but thought they did.  I was surprised Wednesday offered her a job in all honesty!
  • As I have 20 of these to sell I would welcome her back .......... as a programme seller
    @charltonnick how much and have you got a large, please?
  • As I have 20 of these to sell I would welcome her back .......... as a programme seller
    @charltonnick how much and have you got a large, please?
    Blimey!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!