Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    If Exiled says Naby scored v Palace, then I'm confident he did.
    What goal was this, I have no recollection at all ?
    Away in the league cup wasn't it, night game it all kicked off afterwards September 2015?

Here you go; https://www.11v11.com/matches/crystal-palace-v-charlton-athletic-23-september-2015-317746/
    I thought it had to be, as we haven't played them in the league.

Entertaining night, didn't see much of the football, gave up on that when I saw our line up :-(

Twas the game when the toilets were wrecked, someone on here got the blame and the police brought out their wall.
     Connor McAleny now there's a shit footballer.
    A shit footballer who happens to score against us more often than not when we face him.
     Scored against us just once his entire career.
    I thought he also scored for Fleetwood ?
    A guy who was a Simon Church power player in his 8 games for Charlton when he came into a poor side. He scored 20 goals in two seasons in League 1 with Wigan, Oxford and Fleetwood, not too shabby but no Lyle Taylor.
    His career has now reached rock bottom.
    Dog and duck reserves in his home city of Liverpool ? No, he's playing for Kilmarnock in Scottish premier ! 3 in 11 games.

• Ched Evans scored against us for them... Don't recall McAleny doing so. Know he came close a few years back when Powell was in charge 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Away in the league cup wasn't it, night game it all kicked off afterwards September 2015?

Here you go; https://www.11v11.com/matches/crystal-palace-v-charlton-athletic-23-september-2015-317746/

Entertaining night, didn't see much of the football, gave up on that when I saw our line up :-(

Twas the game when the toilets were wrecked, someone on here got the blame and the police brought out their wall.
    A shit footballer who happens to score against us more often than not when we face him.
    Could have sworn he scored against us @ Fleetwood but soccerbase says otherwise
    It might have been when he was on loan to Oxford?

Something rings a bell.

• edited January 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    If we ask naby to take a pay cut on 7k then we ain’t that far evolved from the Roland days.
    Get rid and get two really reliable centre halves in , ie ones that make fewer mistakes and can play every game 
    We can't afford van Dijk and Gomez.
  • Talal said:
     Simple errors are replicated by higher profile players in the premier every week by defenders. I don't mean when they are skilled up but just basic errors and lack of concentration. 
    Naby has made mistakes in the Championship that have resulted in goals: so have Pearce, Lockyer, Solly, Purrington etc

The Irony is Naby would get a Championship move if he always used his strength and cut out the silly error because he is the go to defender to try the long passes that have led to goals. Plus his other assists and goals. Until we bring defenders into the club of a higher quality, ( I support who ever is picked)  he is in on merit.
    It maybe time for Naby to move on when his contract expires because not sure he will get 6 to 7k a week next time on a 5 year !  Igor was only on a tad more than Sarr.
    He'd be playing in the premier league if he cut out the errors and used his strength. 
    I claim the assist for your comment ! 
  • wmcf123 said:
    If we ask naby to take a pay cut on 7k then we ain’t that far evolved from the Roland days.
    Get rid and get two really reliable centre halves in , ie ones that make fewer mistakes and can play every game 
    do you really think there’s no middle ground between Sarr and those two ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

Really? Bloody hell, it just seems like he's scored against us every time!

The little bastard must have been involved in the goals against us then ...
  • edited January 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    do you really think there’s no middle ground between Sarr and those two ?
    Tough question ?

There is middle ground between them.
    I would play play Gomez, van Dijk and Naby in a 3 with the best 2 wing backs TAA + Robertson in British Football.

As the Nabster's agent I'm trying to get him a 2 year deal with a years option on 40k a week (lowest wages at Liverpool) he will leave on a free after a 5 year roller coaster that has been magic and Tragic in equal measures.

Now back to Charlton Athletic.

Until we get a handle on how much ESI are willing to pay in wages ( is it more than Roland If Naby was on 6k and Igor on 7K) I can't give you any names of defenders who make less  mistakes than Sarr, Lockyer, Solly, Pearce etc. We just don't know the wage structure that Southall and HE are going to set ?
  • It isn't just mistakes, is what they contribute at the other end too. You have to look at the whole package. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    It isn't just mistakes, is what they contribute at the other end too. You have to look at the whole package. 
    Agree, it's what Kyle Walker does for Man City going forward that gets him in the team and vice versa when he doesn't get in the team it's because of his defensive errors. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

Nope, never for Fleetwood.
  • It isn't just mistakes, is what they contribute at the other end too. You have to look at the whole package. 
    One would imagine it's a fairly large package with Naby...
  • Swisdom said:
    It isn't just mistakes, is what they contribute at the other end too. You have to look at the whole package. 
    Why?
  • Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

I think it was for Oxford on loan? 
  • Lovely fella, hope he is not part of the squad next year. 

No where near good enough for a half decent Championship team.  Lacks pace, aggression, gets out jumped, goes to ground too easily and is then beaten, prone to an error. 

Sure he can play a bit and scores the odd goal but he is paid, first and foremost, to defend and he is just not that good at it IMO.
    It’s Sarr we’re talking about?
  • Swisdom said:
    Ask Katrien.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Lovely fella, hope he is not part of the squad next year. 

No where near good enough for a half decent Championship team.  Lacks pace, aggression, gets out jumped, goes to ground too easily and is then beaten, prone to an error. 

Sure he can play a bit and scores the odd goal but he is paid, first and foremost, to defend and he is just not that good at it IMO.
    It’s Sarr we’re talking about?
    Exactly.
  • Richard J said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:

I think it was for Oxford on loan? 
    Yes, we lost 1-0 at home and Solly got sent off. Oh what great days they were! :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Some people saying Sarr looks better on the left of a three at the back, than in a back four, but I always thought things started going wrong for him towards the end of last season when we went from four to five/three at the back. Example of that would be the playoff final where he looked horribly exposed. He's looking ok now in a three, but was really struggling with it until recently.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Some people saying Sarr looks better on the left of a three at the back, than in a back four, but I always thought things started going wrong for him towards the end of last season when we went from four to five/three at the back. Example of that would be the playoff final where he looked horribly exposed. He's looking ok now in a three, but was really struggling with it until recently.
    He does look good on the left of a three - just as long as the 3 of them are sitting on the bench. 
  • In a 3, the left and right CBs need a bit of pace because the full-back is often up field and the CB is left one on one. Sarr is reasonably quick but not over the first few yards, so can look exposed when the oppo counter. 

In possession, the 3 suits him because he feeds our left side with so many good passes. 

• JamesSeed said:
    Some people saying Sarr looks better on the left of a three at the back, than in a back four, but I always thought things started going wrong for him towards the end of last season when we went from four to five/three at the back. Example of that would be the playoff final where he looked horribly exposed. He's looking ok now in a three, but was really struggling with it until recently.
    I agree, Jimmy. Towards the end of last season, Bows started playing 3 x CBs in some games ...... and Naby just didn't look comfortable.
    And we all saw what happened at Wembley!

He's a lot more familiar with the role now .....he really needs the right players around him to compliment his game.
    I mean all players do, but as a confidence player, it's even more important in order to get the best out of Naby.

And with the midfield injury crisis and Ben Purr being so inconsistant recently, Naby can still be hesitant and indecisive.
    But I like Naby .... a colossus on his day, a real talent, but sometimes flawed like many good players in this division.

• Would rather keep him than Pearce. Think he could excel with better quality players around him.
    Agree. Pearce is on borrowed time imo. 
  • Simonsen said:
    In a 3, the left and right CBs need a bit of pace because the full-back is often up field and the CB is left one on one. Sarr is reasonably quick but not over the first few yards, so can look exposed when the oppo counter. 

In possession, the 3 suits him because he feeds our left side with so many good passes. 

Spot on.
  • Leuth said:
    Player Marks have him as one of our best and most consistent players during this recent difficult run. He's really standing up 
    Runner up MotM at Preston.