Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 19/20

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019

MrOneLung said:
    where is this rumour coming from ?

Los Angeles bored of them already ?

There was a piece in the Athletic about it this morning/last night

The Athletic has learned through NFL sources that the possibility of the Chargers moving to London has been broached among league personnel. The Athletic also has learned that, while the team is fully committed to Los Angeles where it will move into the new $4.5 billion stadium with the Rams next year, the Chargers would at least listen if the NFL approached them about about London as a possible option.

Finally, The Athletic has learned that NFL owners are concerned enough about the Chargers’ situation in L.A., where a crowded sports market and the presence of the more established Rams has resulted in a tepid embracement of the Chargers, that they would provide the necessary support for a relocation to London if the Chargers pursue it.
    “Some would be happy …” a high-ranking NFL official told The Athletic. “But all of them (are concerned) about them in L.A. So I think they would get (support).”

“We are fully committed and focused on Los Angeles and look forward to continuing to build our fanbase as we transition to our new stadium,” Chargers owner Dean Spanos told The Athletic this week. “We’re seeing progress every day, and we look forward to building on that.”

Should the Chargers pursue the move, the NFL could help build the team’s bridge to London by transferring the $650 million relocation fee it still must pay for the L.A. move to a London relocation. The Chargers also could switch divisions with the Houston Texans — the Chargers to the AFC South and the Texans to the AFC West — or perhaps the league could move the Chargers to the AFC East, Miami Dolphins to the AFC South and Texans to the AFC West.

• Options
    Foles back in as starter.

Thoughts with @PaddyP17 at this difficult time.
  • Options
    Seriously though... this is the move to make. I think Foles is more likely to take us to the post-season, even though we'd need one hell of a lot of luck to get there. He's a proven QB and the playbook was designed with him in mind.
  • Options
    Plus, they paid him a ton of cash.
  • Options
    Plus, they paid him a ton of cash.
    Sunk cost fallacy.
  • Options
    Flying out to Chicago tomorrow, will be at the Browns games vs the Bills and Steelers on Sunday/Thursday. Also going to see the famous Ohio State Marching band, and I guess Ohio State too. I'm worried about how cold its gonna be.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Flying out to Chicago tomorrow, will be at the Browns games vs the Bills and Steelers on Sunday/Thursday. Also going to see the famous Ohio State Marching band, and I guess Ohio State too. I'm worried about how cold its gonna be.
    Oh wow - enjoy. Chicago? Sh!t cold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take the river architecture trip. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Can’t believe they’d move the Chargers to London... if they’re going anywhere, take them back to San Diego ffs.

Having a London franchise at all is the silliest non-starter regardless. A bit like the European Super League or the 39th Premier League game...
  • Options
    Spanos and co have called bullsh!t on the story
  • Options
    Can’t believe they’d move the Chargers to London... if they’re going anywhere, take them back to San Diego ffs.

Having a London franchise at all is the silliest non-starter regardless. A bit like the European Super League or the 39th Premier League game...
    Toronto Wolfpack is the only one that works and that's because they cover all expenses for visiting teams, and play in four-game blocks. And they're Canadian.

It simply wouldn't work in the NFL: where would they have training camp? What about state taxes and such? There's no professional gridiron infrastructure in the UK, so how does that work, too? Way too many questions. How do waivers work, how would players feel about being traded without any say to a foreign country?
  • Options
    It’s been discussed in general many times and the suggested framework would be. 

Team has an East Coast base/ training  facilities. All preseason training happens there. 

As Toronto Wolfpack, they play 3/4 game blocks to cut down on travel. 

Team would have a second training facility in the UK, probably shared with someone else, for in season home game preparation. 

Teams going to London around their by weeks

Stuff like taxes is trivial for these guys. They already have to file in every state they play a game. I think baseball players have to file around 20 federal/state/city returns, including Canada if they played a game in Toronto. 
  • Options
    Raiders - going 12-4 baby.
  • Options
    Handy site here to see who has got tough run ins.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

• Options
    Bye weeks aren't much fun, are they? Especially when the Chiefs somehow shit the bed.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bet you are bricking it about next Sunday!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This Cowboys team would be decent if they didn’t have a habit of giving the other team a sizeable lead in the first quarter...
  • Options
    Why would you force the ball to Zeke twice in a row when you’ve been doing so well in the passing game? Had that one in our hands and completely threw it away.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bet you are bricking it about next Sunday!!
    Lump on the Bengals ! 

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Bye weeks aren't much fun, are they? Especially when the Chiefs somehow shit the bed.
    Bye weeks are like being in league 1 and having your game postponed due to International Call Ups. going through the motions and just watching how your rivals are doing.

• Options
    Ah not another blue or white dress thing. I think I'd rather judge off the proper television footage, instead of off some bloke's TV screen.
  • Options
    I thought tails all day when I first heard it today, but upon a closer examination, I'm thinking heads. What a conspiracy theory this will be
  • Options
    Normal volume he says tails, put my ear closer it's heads