Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 Nations 2019

Comments

• Options
    Final final score 26-14, France scored a try at the end of the match, where the ref didn’t see the ball grounded, went to the TMO who also said they didn’t see it grounded. Try given.
  • Options
    Final final score 26-14, France scored a try at the end of the match, where the ref didn’t see the ball grounded, went to the TMO who also said they didn’t see it grounded. Try given.
    I think the TMO opted out on the basis of there being no green shirts to hold it up.

The ref initially gave it so presumably thought he saw it grounded.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I think the TMO opted out on the basis of there being no green shirts to hold it up.

So thinking it’s a try, rather than seeing it?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

So thinking it’s a try, rather than seeing it?
    I don't know for sure obviously but the ref wasn't badly positioned so gave what he saw.

Ireland appealed so he went to the TMO even though in his view (ie he thought!) the ball had been grounded.

Academic in the overall scheme of things anyway.
  • Options
    The use of technology in rugby has been praised, but uniquely amongst all sports it has key moments in the match where the exact location of the ball is hidden from the TV cameras, and the on field official can see more. Maybe in the future the cameras will be able to "see through" the players?
  • Options
    The tv judge said he could not see anything to overturn the refs original decision. He didn’t have to see the try, only had to see proof it wasn’t a try
  • Options
    Going to Cardiff for next Saturday's game with wife and her Welsh family. Have to remember to look suitably happy if they win against Ireland or sad if they lose!
  • Options
    England hammer Italy in another farce of a 'contest' .. The Irish and the Welsh cruise past France and Jockland respectively.
    Next weekend's Wales/Ireland game should be a humdinger .. England will beat Scotland and could be the tournament winners and that would be a farce after the spineless performance against the Welsh .. I'd love to see Ireland win the thing and go into the World Cup full of the form and confidence that England lack in the VERY big games

• Options
    Wales 25-0 and heading for the Grand Slam
  • Options
    Didn’t expect that big a gap 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Didn’t expect that big a gap 
    Wales have been excellent, Ireland very poor
  • Options
    Ideal start for wales with a converted try in the first two minutes.

A combination of lack of discipline by Ireland in giving away penalties and Wales keeping their foot on the Irish throat has been the story of the game.
  • Options
    Ireland have been utterly abysmal. Certainly no favours from them today!
  • Options
    2nd best team in the world my fecking arse.
  • Options
    The Irish defence needed a backstop
  • Options
    Excellent England try 
  • Options
    Wales no bonus points. Boring. 
  • Options
    England are going to get a cricket score here. And I don’t mean 45 all out!  If they keep trying they will get 70. Scotland have half a team missing and are rubbish anyway. And I can say that without being racist. 😉
  • Options
    England are going to get a cricket score here. And I don’t mean 45 all out!  If they keep trying they will get 70. Scotland have half a team missing and are rubbish anyway. And I can say that without being racist. 😉
    Racist 
  • Options
    Certainly a strong start 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And it'll mean nothing

Wales deserve the GS but if England face them in the World Cup I'd fancy our chances
  • Options
    And it'll mean nothing

Wales deserve the GS but if England face them in the World Cup I'd fancy our chances
    I believe we have them in a friendly at Twickenham in the summer 
  • Options
    Actually I think 70 was being optimistic!  Make it 90. What’s the record in the Calcutta cup?
  • Options
    beautiful hand off from Slade. this could get embarrassing for the scots
  • Options
    Keep this up and we will win by over 50 points 
  • Options
    This is quite something ... and a disallowed try too ... could be even further ahead 
  • Options
    Some consolation in not winning the 6 nations is that it looks like we'll humiliate the Jocks. Always fun
  • Options
    32 points v Ireland
    44 points v France
    57 points v Italy
    31 points and counting v Scotland

14 points v Wales

The Wales game cost us badly
  • Options
    Keep this up and we will win by over 50 points 
    Shut up Blackpool you know nothing 
  • Options
    Did the players swap shirts at half time?