Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Nations 2019

Really looking forward to the 6 nations this year, think you can make a case for 5 of the teams winning it! I'm over in Dublin from Friday so should be a great atmosphere on Saturday! Not sure how well wearing an England shirt will go down in the centre of Dublin so I may give that a miss! Anyone going to any of the matches this year?

Comments

• @Pelling1993 you will be fine, had mates that were out their for the england wc games on stag dos and were watching the matches no bother at all, do you have tickets to the match? if not im sure myself or a few others can give you pointers of where to drink
  • edited January 2019

Really looking forward to the 6 nations this year, think you can make a case for 5 of the teams winning it! I'm over in Dublin from Friday so should be a great atmosphere on Saturday! Not sure how well wearing an England shirt will go down in the centre of Dublin so I may give that a miss! Anyone going to any of the matches this year?

It's rugby ... you'll be fine. Strike up some conversations, sing some songs, buy some Guinness and you'll be everybody's friend for life
  • Most open tournament for years IMO. England will fuck up though, as we can't be having bragging rights over the rest can we?
  • You could march up and down O'Connell Street all day singing 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' and have no problems whatsoever.

Dublin is a great city for rugby - enjoy the atmosphere.
  • Can't see past another Ireland Slam.

England 3rd or 4th after losing to Ireland/wales and possibly France.
  • You needn't worry about wearing your shirt in Dublin, English rugby is held in high respect

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/the-day-england-won-a-lansdowne-ovation-1.353883
  • @Pelling1993 you will be fine, had mates that were out their for the england wc games on stag dos and were watching the matches no bother at all, do you have tickets to the match? if not im sure myself or a few others can give you pointers of where to drink

Cheers I’ll chuck the shirt on in that case! I’m actually going for the horse racing at Leopardstown and it just happens to be a happy coincidence that the rugger is on! I’m absolutely buzzing for the Guinness factory tour on the Monday!
  • Work away with the shirt, no bother at all wearing it.
    Dublin is right up there with Cardiff for the craic during 6 Nations, even if you don’t have a ticket for the game.
    Enjoy yourself x
  • edited January 2019

@Pelling1993 you will be fine, had mates that were out their for the england wc games on stag dos and were watching the matches no bother at all, do you have tickets to the match? if not im sure myself or a few others can give you pointers of where to drink

Cheers I’ll chuck the shirt on in that case! I’m actually going for the horse racing at Leopardstown and it just happens to be a happy coincidence that the rugger is on! I’m absolutely buzzing for the Guinness factory tour on the Monday!
    i went last year to the dublin festival which was in its 1st year last year was fantastic after the racing they put the rugby on the big screens as its about a 30 min journey on the dart from the racecourse back to O'Connell street, we planned to attend this year but with rugby on flights and hotels were silly money. enjoy

guinness factory v good have been twice.
  • Work away with the shirt, no bother at all wearing it.
    Dublin is right up there with Cardiff for the craic during 6 Nations, even if you don’t have a ticket for the game.
    Enjoy yourself x

Edinburgh is pretty good as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the fixtures help - ideally you want the strongest teams at home. I would make Ireland favourites because they play England at home. Agree it is very tight this year.
  • edited January 2019

@Pelling1993 you will be fine, had mates that were out their for the england wc games on stag dos and were watching the matches no bother at all, do you have tickets to the match? if not im sure myself or a few others can give you pointers of where to drink

In Cardiff for our game with that lot, bit more hostile out there I suppose? Gonna give the shirt a miss because I wouldn't be able to stand the gloating if/when we lose, but probably not a great idea anyway!

In Cardiff for our game with that lot, bit more hostile out there I suppose? Gonna give the shirt a miss because I wouldn't be able to stand the gloating if/when we lose, but probably not a great idea anyway!
    Nope.
    Welsh rugby fans, especially on match day in Cardiff are no bother.
    Plus the Heddlu have match days sewn up. The best in the business imo.
    The only problem I foresee with wearing your colours is you’ll be restricted to certain pubs to drink in as they are strict on match days.
    Again,enjoy, you’ll love it :smile:

• bobmunro said:

Work away with the shirt, no bother at all wearing it.
    Enjoy yourself x

Edinburgh is pretty good as well.

Not done that yet, on the list :smiley:
  • edited January 2019
    have seen welsh rugby fans in dublin - a lot flock over because of the ferrys quite a badly behaved bunch and also in rome a couple of years back being sick in pint glasses in a reasonably nice restaurant and seemed to think because they had rugby shirts on this behaviour was acceptable, one of them was then listing all the reasons why he hated england bloke was a grade a cnut tbh, equally the majority are fine and somewhere like cardiff you would be fine, but for reason as @KBslittlesis i would leave the shirt behind, plus a lot of places wont admit any sports shirts
  • have seen welsh rugby fans in dublin - a lot flock over because of the ferrys quite a badly behaved bunch and also in rome a couple of years back being sick in pint glasses in a reasonably nice restaurant and seemed to think because they had rugby shirts on this behaviour was acceptable, one of them was then listing all the reasons why he hated england bloke was a grade a cnut tbh, equally the majority are fine and somewhere like cardiff you would be fine, but for reason as @KBslittlesis i would leave the shirt behind, plus a lot of places wont admit any sports shirts

That's the welsh for you mate! Filth
  • i had a go about behaviour by rugby fans on here before and was hounded by a few, so best to avoid and don't want to derail the thread.
  • have seen welsh rugby fans in dublin - a lot flock over because of the ferrys quite a badly behaved bunch and also in rome a couple of years back being sick in pint glasses in a reasonably nice restaurant and seemed to think because they had rugby shirts on this behaviour was acceptable, one of them was then listing all the reasons why he hated england bloke was a grade a cnut tbh, equally the majority are fine and somewhere like cardiff you would be fine, but for reason as @KBslittlesis i would leave the shirt behind, plus a lot of places wont admit any sports shirts

I would agree with this.
    Because they can’t get away with behaving like this in Cardiff the away trips tend to be tastier.
    My bestie is Welsh & was in Rome on the occasion you speak of. She was livid with them.

That's the welsh for you mate! Filth
    Hahahaha the whole nation eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    England team for Dublin ..

England team to face Ireland:
    Daly; May, Slade, Tuilagi, Nowell; Farrell, B Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Wilson, T Curry, B Vunipola.
    Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Williams, Lawes, Hughes, Robson, Ford, Ashton

Manu is back .. I am pleased and surprised. Daly at full back will get absolutely bombarded by the Irish half backs .. will the back row cope at the breakdown where the Irish are ferocious ? .. are the Vunipola brothers really fit ? .. we will see ..
    I make the Irish hot favourites for this game and for the Grand Slam/Championship

EDIT .. Irish team v England ..
    Ireland: Henshaw; Earls, Ringrose, Aki, Stockdale; Sexton, Murray; Healy, Best (capt), Furlong; Toner, James Ryan; O'Mahony, van der Flier, Stander.
    Replacements: Cronin, Kilcoyne, Porter, Roux, O'Brien, Cooney, Carbery, Larmour.
  • Afraid I'm a massive Plastic Paddy when it comes to rugby (blame my family out there being far, far more into it than football)!

Can't see past us for a Grand Slam, I'm afraid.
  • Want Ireland to win, going to be difficult with the world cup later in the year.
  • edited February 2019
    So who wins tonight
    France have won 1 of there last 7 matches
    Wales haven't lost in there last 9 matches

Wales look good to me at 11/10
  • Its very cliche but it really depends on which France turn up, very much hoping they brush Wales aside
  • Hard to see anyone else other than Ireland.
  • The 'rugby player are tougher than footballer' posts have already started on Facebook
  • The 'rugby player are tougher than footballer' posts have already started on Facebook

What? You mean they are stating the bleeding obvious?
  • bobmunro said:

The 'rugby player are tougher than footballer' posts have already started on Facebook

What? You mean they are stating the bleeding obvious?
    The two main protagonists are sharing things about depression all the rest of the time, in between call people who partake in a sport they consider to be soft, "Nancy boys"
  • C'mon England