Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Although The Times does redeem itself by selecting a Surrey discard, Dominic Sibley, as Batsman of the Year and by mentioning two of our players too:

Young player of the year James Bracey (Gloucestershire)
    Bracey, 22, is one to keep an eye on. An obdurate four-day batsman and dynamic striker of the white ball, he has impressed enough to be selected for England Lions duty and is very much on the selectors’ radar.

Honourable mentions for Ollie Pope (Surrey), Ollie Robinson (Kent), Zak Crawley (Kent) and Robert Yates (Warwickshire).

• Options
    The usual unpredictable September weather once again playing havoc with some very important games....a typical anti climax to the season.
    I think you'll find that up until about a week ago, the September weather, as usual, has been fairly good.
    I really don't get the September weather bashing, fifth test bathed in sun,and beginning of month very good too.
    Rather cricket in September than April.
    Erm....I did use the word ‘unpredictable.
  • Options
    I might have to stop buying The Times after reading what they have said about our neighbour's achievements this season:

Season to forget award Surrey

While Nottinghamshire had an appalling championship season, finishing bottom of the table without a victory, they did, at least, get to T20 finals day. Surrey, last year’s county champions, endured a forgettable season across all three formats, finishing sixth in the championship, bottom of the group in the one-day cup and second from bottom in the Blast. It is, though, one of the reasons we love county cricket — it is gloriously unpredictable. Champions one year, nowhere the next to prove silverware isn’t necessarily linked to wealth.

It's just not cricket! 
    I'd forgotten how badly they'd done in white ball cricket!
  • Options
    Obviously, not a great year for us, but I've heard we have signed Steve Smith,Rabada,Labushagne and Rohit Sharma for the Championship next season, along with Kohli,Cummins,Boult,Finch,Bumrah,Starc and Babar Azam for the 100 and 1 dayers, so we might have a slightly better season next time up.
  • Options
    Obviously, not a great year for us, but I've heard we have signed Steve Smith,Rabada,Labushagne and Rohit Sharma for the Championship next season, along with Kohli,Cummins,Boult,Finch,Bumrah,Starc and Babar Azam for the 100 and 1 dayers, so we might have a slightly better season next time up.
    Those signings would not surprise me in the least - not from the ability of Surrey to afford them but rather from the perspective that they would be breaking the rules in doing so!
  • Options
    If I didn't know better, AA, I would think you have a thing about Surrey !
  • Options
    I'm pretending that didn't happen

• Options
    I may have to review my cricket support if they are linking up with that shower.
  • Options
    Oh that's hilarious
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Oh that's hilarious
    i hate you right now
  • Options
    We need to look at the positive element of this alliance as there is great potential for some Palace/Surrey supporters to now switch their allegiance to Kent. We might even be able to complete the conversion by them becoming Chalton supporters too - how 'bout it Canters?

• Options
    Fro.m now on I'm going to refer to Kent as the Nigels 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    We need to look at the positive element of this alliance as there is great potential for some Palace/Surrey supporters to now switch their allegiance to Kent. We might even be able to complete the conversion by them becoming Chalton supporters too - how 'bout it Canters?

I'm sorry, but its a bit like Charlton not wanting Millwall fans to start supporting Charlton - no one likes you, we dont care want you.
  • Options
    I feel unclean somehow!

Katrien Meire must be involved advising the Kent hierarchy somewhere!

Charlton are the natural team for Kent to link up with. Stuart Leary, Sid O'Linn and Fred Lucas are 3 reasons. Not forgetting of course the great Derek Ufton, happily still with us, who has served both as player and committee man.
  • Options
    Shameful , a Surrey football team associated with Kent 

I’m glad I’m an Essex glory boy now “Eagles” 
  • Options
    Shameful , a Surrey football team associated with Kent 

I’m glad I’m an Essex glory boy now “Eagles” 
    Said without a shred of irony ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In 2013 two extremely talented all rounders were sent home from an England Lions Tour:

"Both xxxx and xxxx have ignored the instructions given to them around their match preparation and recovery," said ECB performance director David Parsons.

One was Ben Stokes who might finally have realised that he cannot afford to allow off the field "activities" to affect his opportunities on it. Throughout the time since Stokes has always been the best and hardest trainer in the camp.

The other person to be sent home was, of course, Matt Coles. In a few years time people will, if some from other counties aren't already, be saying "Matt Who?"

Talent only goes so far.
    Matt Coles has been released by Essex. With Bopara leaving to join Sussex one would have thought that there might have been an opening for him now. Clearly not.
  • Options
    In 2013 two extremely talented all rounders were sent home from an England Lions Tour:

"Both xxxx and xxxx have ignored the instructions given to them around their match preparation and recovery," said ECB performance director David Parsons.

One was Ben Stokes who might finally have realised that he cannot afford to allow off the field "activities" to affect his opportunities on it. Throughout the time since Stokes has always been the best and hardest trainer in the camp.

The other person to be sent home was, of course, Matt Coles. In a few years time people will, if some from other counties aren't already, be saying "Matt Who?"

Talent only goes so far.
    Matt Coles has been released by Essex. With Bopara leaving to join Sussex one would have thought that there might have been an opening for him now. Clearly not.
    Bopara joining Sussex ! thats a strange move - especially after doing the double this year.
  • Options

Talent only goes so far.
    If you want to be competing in Div 1 (let alone aiming to win it) you need much better than Coles and thats before you bring his off the pitch/attitude into the equation. Would be a firm no from me. 
  • Options
    Derbyshire or Leicestershire might take a punt but otherwise I think Matt Coles will struggle to find another county.

All the talent in the world but at nearly 30 with a well documented attitude problem that precedes him I think he is finished. Sad because the bloke could play and at one time lost nothing in comparison to Ben Stokes whom he was sent home with all those years ago.
  • Options
    Someone once told me he was not very popular there. 
  • Options
    apparently Bopara was offered increase in terms by Essex as well. 

Sounds like he wants to do the T20 circuit though as well as short format county cricket. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Derbyshire or Leicestershire might take a punt but otherwise I think Matt Coles will struggle to find another county.

All the talent in the world but at nearly 30 with a well documented attitude problem that precedes him I think he is finished. Sad because the bloke could play and at one time lost nothing in comparison to Ben Stokes whom he was sent home with all those years ago.
    Seeing a Kent bowling lineup of Coles, Claydon, Stevo and Tredders at least made me feel better when I looked in the mirror!
  • Options
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/jones-fired-up-for-future-career/

Geraint Jones is training to be an on call firefighter. He'll be based in Sandwich!
  • Options

Geraint Jones is training to be an on call firefighter. He'll be based in Sandwich!
    I wish him all the best.
  • Options

They should make a good match.