Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Is he any good? never heard of him. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Denly will forego his IPL commitments?

Early season runs will guarantee him an Ashes spot after that knock.
  • Options
    Yep, well done Joe Denly on your 69.
    Ashes place yours to lose ?
  • Options
    Kent County Cricket Club Official - "Joe Denly becomes the first person born in Canterbury to score a half century for England".

I was under the misapprehension that all of Kent's players come from HQ. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Denly will forego his IPL commitments?

Early season runs will guarantee him an Ashes spot after that knock.
    I think a good IPL campaign would be as good, if not better. Look at Jos Buttler for example.
  • Options
    Kent County Cricket Club Official - "Joe Denly becomes the first person born in Canterbury to score a half century for England".

I was under the misapprehension that all of Kent's players come from HQ. 
    None  have ever been born in Canterbury though
  • Options
    As intimated previously by @Riviera, Chris Swadkin, Blackheath CC stalwart and England Over 70s Captain, has been named the new President of Kent.

Well done Chris!
  • Options
    As intimated previously by @Riviera, Chris Swadkin, Blackheath CC stalwart and England Over 70s Captain, has been named the new President of Kent.

Well done Chris!
    I think you should add lifelong CAFC fan and ST holder. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well done Chris!
    I would have done but this is a cricket thread. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Well done Chris!
    On a  CAFC MESSAGE BOARD.  
  • Options
    Damned good batsman 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Riviera said:

Well done Chris!
    On a  CAFC MESSAGE BOARD.  
    OK no need to shout. 
  • Options
    Kent are announcing a signing soon...
  • Options
    Fantastic news, Adan Milne signs again.
  • Options
    I think we will struggled to stay in Div 1, but are probably one batsman away from having a very decent T20 side. We just lack that explosive dominant player at the top of the order
  • Options
    I think we will struggled to stay in Div 1, but are probably one batsman away from having a very decent T20 side. We just lack that explosive dominant player at the top of the order
    Stoinis would have been good if he could have played - he's been opening in the Big Bash and batting really well but Australia will, sadly, come calling.
  • Options
    There are a few of us going to watch the 50 over game against Surrey at the Oval on Thursday 2 May. 

Spoke to Kent who. confirmed that tickets only sold by Surrey. What sort of crowd would you expect for this please? I'm thinking it will be in-between a sell out for the twenty 20 and one man and a dog for the championship. 

Rather than order tickets would it be best to just purchase on the day? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Personally I'd wait, because it won't sell out and on 2nd May it's possible it could be freezing cold & or rain.
    If they cost less in advance, I'd check the terms and possibly buy a few days in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are a few of us going to watch the 50 over game against Surrey at the Oval on Thursday 2 May. 

Spoke to Kent who. confirmed that tickets only sold by Surrey. What sort of crowd would you expect for this please? I'm thinking it will be in-between a sell out for the twenty 20 and one man and a dog for the championship. 

Rather than order tickets would it be best to just purchase on the day? Thanks in advance.
    It definitely won't sell out and given that the kids will be at school you would be lucky, in my opinion, for it to be a third full. Our Surrey "friends" such as @cantersaddick will be able to give a more informed opinion
  • Options
    We don't usually get more than 2 thirds full even for a popular/local 50 over game like Kent's. The quarter finals have been about the same crowd too.
  • Options
    Tickets are a flat price . What is the best viewing stand behind the bowlers arm? Obviously not the Pavilion end!
  • Options
    We don't usually get more than 2 thirds full even for a popular/local 50 over game like Kent's. The quarter finals have been about the same crowd too.
    Looking forward to you buying me a beer. 
  • Options
    Tickets are a flat price . What is the best viewing stand behind the bowlers arm? Obviously not the Pavilion end!
    OCS Stand. There's always been an interactive map when I've bought.
    I can't recall which block is behind the bowlers arm.
  • Options
    OCS Stand. There's always been an interactive map when I've bought.
    I can't recall which block is behind the bowlers arm.
    Depends on which pitch they use so no guarantee. 11 or 12 are usually pretty close. But sometimes if they use a pitch more to one end ofbthe square it's a 13 or 14 that are better. 

That's all from memory so as said check the diagram and lool for where the sight screen is.
  • Options
    Cheers guys.
  • Options
    Mohammad Nabi has signed for the first 11 matches of the 2019 Vitality Blast 
  • Options
    Cheers guys.
    You're very welcome - glad to be of service @bolloxbolder
  • Options
    Billings & Denly playing in tonight's T20 v West Indies. When was the last time we had two players in the same side at international level?