Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Billings has had his shoulder relocated and is going to have scans tomorrow to see the extent of the damage. Wish him a speedy recovery.

From our experience of 2 in one game, out until July at least? 
    If you're going by our experience of comebacks from injury it's just as well you didn't specify which year ...
  • Options
    I understand that a former Charlton mascot (and the son of a CL poster), due to the current injury situation and the late call up of Jordan Cox on Monday night as 1st team cover, was denied the chance to keep this week for the 2s in their 3 day match against Essex - by his dad who, by all accounts, was of the belief that the 16 year old's imminent GCSEs had to take priority.

I am also led to believe that the boy hasn't taken dad's decision too well but, hopefully, one day, the lad will get another opportunity to turn out for the 2s. If his dad lets him that is!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I understand that a former Charlton mascot (and the son of a CL poster), due to the current injury situation and the late call up of Jordan Cox on Monday night as 1st team cover, was denied the chance to keep this week for the 2s in their 3 day match against Essex - by his dad who, by all accounts, was of the belief that the 16 year old's imminent GCSEs had to take priority.

I am also led to believe that the boy hasn't taken dad's decision too well but, hopefully, one day, the lad will get another opportunity to turn out for the 2s. If his dad lets him that is!
    Whilst working as a shelf stacker in Asda  :D
  • Options

Whilst working as a shelf stacker in Asda.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a shelf stacker. Perhaps M & S rather than Asda.
  • Options

Whilst working as a shelf stacker in Asda.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a shelf stacker. Perhaps M & S rather than Asda.

I agree, if someone is doing an honest days work, no matter how mundane they are to be admired.
  • Options
    Billings has had his shoulder relocated and is going to have scans tomorrow to see the extent of the damage. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Out for up the 5 months, so that's the summer ruined for him. Ollie Pope has had a similar injury today for Surrey
  • Options

Out for up the 5 months, so that's the summer ruined for him. Ollie Pope has had a similar injury today for Surrey
    That is really bad news for him and us. 
  • Options

Education has to come first but what a horrible decision to have to make as a parent. I sympathise.
  • Options
    There’s always retakes....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few unfamiliar (to me anyway) names in that Kent team list.
  • Options
    What's happened to Haggett?

He wouldn't necessarily be my first choice when all are fit but now we are 'down to the bare bones' it seems he should be in with a shout if he hasn't left or got injured himself.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    What's happened to Haggett?

He wouldn't necessarily be my first choice when all are fit but now we are 'down to the bare bones' it seems he should be in with a shout if he hasn't left or got injured himself.
    Injured I assume
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. The umpires still gave that out?????? Unbelievable 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    A few unfamiliar (to me anyway) names in that Kent team list.
    We borrowed James Harris and Shane Snater for the match. I don't think it's a formal loan arrangement

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/spitfires-beaten-by-pakistan/
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    In a friendly? Fucking hell. What sort of prick would claim that?
  • Options
    In a friendly? Fucking hell. What sort of prick would claim that?
    @Addickted2TheReds🤣
  • Options
    Hasan Ali can look forward to a summer of profane invective and opprobrium from English players and supporters alike for claiming that, loathsome cheat.  Square leg umpire (Bainton or Newell?) needs a thorough eye test as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody at The Oval on Thursday? And then Beckenham on Sunday?
  • Options
    5 of us going Thursday. playing tennis Sunday at Catford Wanderers. 
  • Options
    I'll wait for summer before going to cricket.
  • Options
    I might have gone but busy on Thursday and as we're effectively out already and losing badly every match, won't be too disappointed not to be there!
  • Options
    I might have gone but busy on Thursday and as we're effectively out already and losing badly every match, won't be too disappointed not to be there!
    Surrey are also losing badly every match! 

I'm going with @Addickted2TheReds
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Surrey recovering to 66-4 after 20.

Edit 66-5!!
  • Options
    Looking good so far. Is it going to rain over their? 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Surrey recovering to 66-4 after 20.

Edit 66-5!!
    Keep up with the slip, slap, slop.
    Make sure your sun cap stays on.
    Drink plenty of water.
  • Options
    98 for 8
  • Options
    113-8 off 30.