Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Away Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Do we know what number Maxwell has taken? Google says 22. Was his number at PNE, would make sense.

On the OS, there's a pic of Maxwell at The Valley holding up a green 22 shirt.

No scarfy?

#outraged
    On another article, there's a pic of Maxwell on The Valley pitch holding up a green keepers jersey - and wearing Scarfy round his neck.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c33910fe1200/done-deal-charlton-swoop-for-goalkeeper-chris-maxwell

But ..... there's a pic of Ben Purrrrington signing at the desk, but Scarfy is nowhere in sight.
    Heads must roll.

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Anyone know if Jackson is there?

Yes, though he'll probably spend the whole match secretly trying to watch the Luton match on his phone :wink:
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Interesting that Fosu has dropped to the bench, but I really am looking forward to having Williams behind the front two. Clever player who will find space between the lines.

Unless he’s injured, Ajose must be off.

Good players like Lapslie, Clarke, Marshall, and Fosu can come on and make a difference.

I thought you would know if Ajose was injured ?
    Perhaps he wasn't injured until he saw the medical team ? :wink:
    Not heard anything my end of any injury, so unless he got injured Thursday or yesterday and haven’t heard anything, I’d expect he has been dropped and there’s a real chance he’ll be off. I mean, if RHF is in front of you and you’re a ‘senior’ player with league experience of previously scoring goals, your chances are limited and can see him leaving.

Understand your point @SDAddick of getting someone in better, but right now Ajose hasn’t challenged the front two and if Taylor was to miss any games, Grant and Ajose isn’t a partnership you’d want, expect a different type of player to Ajose to come in.
    Completely agree, having someone Grant and Igor can play off of would be much preferred. And I would argue that each of our strikers has played better with Taylor because they all need someone who can hold the ball up so they can drift out wide, get in behind, etc.

To my original point, I just don't think there are that many target men kicking around in our price range, which is probably pretty low.

I also imagine that if Ajose leaves or goes out on loan we'll be subsidizing his wages in some way.
    Can you think of another player at this level that does what Taylor does, ie outmuscled defenders, rough them up, holds the ball up, plays with invention and flair, dribbles with the ball, has pace and scored goals? I can’t. Players that well rounded are rare at any level, you usually have to sacrifice one or more of those attributes.

If he gets injured we’d struggle to replace him even if someone like Magennis was still here, just as an example of a decent league one target man. But it was the same in 97/98 with Mendonca, for example. Every successful team is successful, in part, because they got through a season without losing any of their key players.
  • Options

If Ajose is off I'd imagine it's down to his huge waves as much as his ability.

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    He has huge waves?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Paulie, if you're doing the match thread, at least give it a proper title and date.
    Something like:

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 12 Jan 2019

Otherwise, we'll never find it in future, when it's being searched for.

Perhaps you can edit it?

Not been an issue on previous match threads i started
    Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

If admin want to change it thats their choice, but I wont be
    Then perhaps don't start it in future. It helps everyone in the future you know. Hardly the hardest thing to do.......
    Just randomly went back to a previous match thread

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84183/charlton-v-gillingham-match-thread/p1

Started by @AFKABartram

So come on @golfaddick why did u not say it him, or are you just picking up on this as its me
    Jesus, turn it in you two. This site sometimes...
    Sorry but I get fed up with the smallest thing I do getting picked up all the time(even when as I have shown others have done the same as me and not been picked up)

Close to coming off here again atm
    Oggy made a reasonable and polite request and explained the good reasons for giving a full title.

You dimissed him out of hand.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Under that Physio sign,shouldn't it also say "away team"...;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Doh.
    Internet down until 3.20 virgin this tiny phone.
    Doh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you Addicksssss! #cafc

Steady, we may kick off on time
  • Options
    ross1 said:

GAME TIME!

Nope!
  • Options
    One of my favorite things about iFollow adding audio commentary is that I get to keep up-to-date with all the goings-on in Shropshire.
  • Options
    Also, gutted John-Lewis is out as we don't get to hear the brilliant "Your name is a shop"
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway in Shrewsbury...

#salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    ross1 said:

GAME TIME!

Oh no, we won't be ready.

• Options
    2' Shrewsbury's Laurent dips a volley harmlessly wide.

#salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    It looks to me like we've lined up with a back three:

Phillips
    ......Bielik Bauer Sarr
    Solly Morgan Pratley Purrington
    .........Williams
    ......Taylor Grant
  • Options
    Wimbledon take early lead at Coventry
  • Options
    Coventry 0 Wombles 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to hold steady. Every other team in the top 7 have at least a game in hand over us... Come on you reds!
  • Options
    Posted at
    2'
    Hand ball by Darren Pratley (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    2: Great attempt from the Laurent. The ball is headed to him from Waterfall. Laurent volleys the ball on the edge of the box, narrowly wide of the post 0-0 #salop
  • Options

We need to hold steady. Every other team in the top 7 have at least a game in hand over us... Come on you reds!

Which is quite unusual for us, as we regularly have games called off for international call ups
  • Options
    Posted at
    3'
    Attempt missed. Aaron Amadi-Holloway (Shrewsbury Town) header from outside the box misses to the right.
  • Options
    Just think of all the world leaders and famous celebrities that are connected to Shrewsbury..it's humbling and inspirational at the same time.
  • Options
    8' Chance! Williams bursts forwards and lays off Grant just inside the box. His curling effort is tipped just over the bar by a great save.
    Corner...

#salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    8' It's nodded back by Bauer to Pratley, his effort is deflected over for another set-piece.

#salop 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    9' Williams is tripped and the Addicks win a third corner...

#salop 0 #cafc 0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!