Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Away Match Thread

Comments

• Options

fgs !! last 2 away games we've started with Pratley & Beliek in midfield we've lost, and looked a shambles during the first half last week. IT DOESNT WORK !!!

Put Morgan or Lapslie there !!!

Morgan is there
    Sorry, my mistake. Still don't think Prately AND Beliek works
  • Options
    Sage said:

Interesting that Fosu has dropped to the bench, but I really am looking forward to having Williams behind the front two. Clever player who will find space between the lines.

Unless he’s injured, Ajose must be off.

Good players like Lapslie, Clarke, Marshall, and Fosu can come on and make a difference.

But we need to get in a replacement, and that's the tough bit. Igor will be out for another month at a minimum I'd guess. But given our front two you're basically asking someone to come in and compete to be third choice striker. And it's going to be tough to get someone with quality in. Certainly a young loanee from a team higher up the divisions is possible, and if it's someone with Mav's ability then it could be a real coup.

I know some really don't rate him, and when we signed him I never thought I'd be someone "defending" him, or at least espousing his virtues, but I think it will be tricky to get a significant upgrade on Ajose in. If we can, I'm all for it. I just worry about us letting a player go without replacing them, and Roland not wanting to spend money because the "takeover is close" or whatever.
  • Options
    A strong team and bench, other than the backup striker option.

That's gotta be the strongest bench we've had this season.

Without looking it up, we probably had a stronger bench in October/November before the double shoulder injury to Cullen and Igor
  • Options

Very attacking bench.

Up the Addicks

But without a striker who has scored a league, FA Cup or League Cup goal.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Mark Marshall is lovely.

Really feel for Jonniesta on a day like today. That dome must be so cold.
  • Options

A strong team and bench, other than the backup striker option.

That's gotta be the strongest bench we've had this season.

Without looking it up, we probably had a stronger bench in October/November before the double shoulder injury to Cullen and Igor
    On paper perhaps but Igor hasn't really hit form this season so hardly that much better sadly
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Paulie, if you're doing the match thread, at least give it a proper title and date.
    Something like:

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 12 Jan 2019

Otherwise, we'll never find it in future, when it's being searched for.

Perhaps you can edit it?

Not been an issue on previous match threads i started
    Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

If admin want to change it thats their choice, but I wont be
    Then perhaps don't start it in future. It helps everyone in the future you know. Hardly the hardest thing to do.......
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Interesting that Fosu has dropped to the bench, but I really am looking forward to having Williams behind the front two. Clever player who will find space between the lines.

Good players like Lapslie, Clarke, Marshall, and Fosu can come on and make a difference.

But we need to get in a replacement, and that's the tough bit. Igor will be out for another month at a minimum I'd guess. But given our front two you're basically asking someone to come in and compete to be third choice striker. And it's going to be tough to get someone with quality in. Certainly a young loanee from a team higher up the divisions is possible, and if it's someone with Mav's ability then it could be a real coup.

I know some really don't rate him, and when we signed him I never thought I'd be someone "defending" him, or at least espousing his virtues, but I think it will be tricky to get a significant upgrade on Ajose in. If we can, I'm all for it. I just worry about us letting a player go without replacing them, and Roland not wanting to spend money because the "takeover is close" or whatever.
    Yes, I'd rather have Ajose on the bench than Reeco. In all competitions this season 3 goals and 7 assists versus 0 goals and 0 assists.
  • Options

Sage said:

I thought you would know if Ajose was injured ?
    Perhaps he wasn't injured until he saw the medical team ? :wink:
    Not heard anything my end of any injury, so unless he got injured Thursday or yesterday and haven’t heard anything, I’d expect he has been dropped and there’s a real chance he’ll be off. I mean, if RHF is in front of you and you’re a ‘senior’ player with league experience of previously scoring goals, your chances are limited and can see him leaving.

Understand your point @SDAddick of getting someone in better, but right now Ajose hasn’t challenged the front two and if Taylor was to miss any games, Grant and Ajose isn’t a partnership you’d want, expect a different type of player to Ajose to come in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Yes, I'd rather have Ajose on the bench than Reeco. In all competitions this season 3 goals and 7 assists versus 0 goals and 0 assists.
    I do agree, I’d rather have Ajose on the bench right now, a far better replacement for Grant given that he has worked well with Taylor before.

But maybe a deal is closer than we think, or he is just injured?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Paulie, if you're doing the match thread, at least give it a proper title and date.
    Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

Then perhaps don't start it in future. It helps everyone in the future you know. Hardly the hardest thing to do.......
    Just randomly went back to a previous match thread

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84183/charlton-v-gillingham-match-thread/p1

Started by @AFKABartram

So come on @golfaddick why did u not say it him, or are you just picking up on this as its me
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Jason Pearce

Verified account

@jpearce05
    11m11 minutes ago
    More
    All the best to the lads today. @CAFCofficial - get the 3 points 🙏🔴⚪️ #cafc #coyr
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Not heard anything my end of any injury, so unless he got injured Thursday or yesterday and haven’t heard anything, I’d expect he has been dropped and there’s a real chance he’ll be off. I mean, if RHF is in front of you and you’re a ‘senior’ player with league experience of previously scoring goals, your chances are limited and can see him leaving.

Understand your point @SDAddick of getting someone in better, but right now Ajose hasn’t challenged the front two and if Taylor was to miss any games, Grant and Ajose isn’t a partnership you’d want, expect a different type of player to Ajose to come in.
    Completely agree, having someone Grant and Igor can play off of would be much preferred. And I would argue that each of our strikers has played better with Taylor because they all need someone who can hold the ball up so they can drift out wide, get in behind, etc.

To my original point, I just don't think there are that many target men kicking around in our price range, which is probably pretty low.

I also imagine that if Ajose leaves or goes out on loan we'll be subsidizing his wages in some way.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84183/charlton-v-gillingham-match-thread/p1

Started by @AFKABartram

So come on @golfaddick why did u not say it him, or are you just picking up on this as its me
    Jesus, turn it in you two. This site sometimes...
  • Options
    If Ajose is off I'd imagine it's down to his attitude as much as his ability.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Do we know what number Maxwell has taken? Google says 22. Was his number at PNE, would make sense.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

Started by @AFKABartram

They love to pick on you mate, not just you though, I could name six or seven punch bags on here. My advice, ignore them, don't even reply.

Anyway, c'mon Addicks....
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Oggy Red said:

Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

Started by @AFKABartram

Sorry but I get fed up with the smallest thing I do getting picked up all the time(even when as I have shown others have done the same as me and not been picked up)

Close to coming off here again atm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    SDAddick said:

Do we know what number Maxwell has taken? Google says 22. Was his number at PNE, would make sense.

22, if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

On the OS, there's a pic of Maxwell at The Valley holding up a green 22 shirt.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

No scarfy?

#outraged
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Completely agree, having someone Grant and Igor can play off of would be much preferred. And I would argue that each of our strikers has played better with Taylor because they all need someone who can hold the ball up so they can drift out wide, get in behind, etc.

To my original point, I just don't think there are that many target men kicking around in our price range, which is probably pretty low.

I also imagine that if Ajose leaves or goes out on loan we'll be subsidizing his wages in some way.
    If Ajose leaves, with being out of contract in the summer, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s permanently.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

Started by @AFKABartram

Sorry but I get fed up with the smallest thing I do getting picked up all the time(even when as I have shown others have done the same as me and not been picked up)

Yeah you do Paulie, but biting back just makes you more of a target. If you’re confident you’re in the right just ignore them and move on with your life. So many more rewarding things to devote your time and energy to. We all know what some posters on here are like.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

If Ajose leaves, with being out of contract in the summer, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s permanently.
    Right, I'm basically thinking it would be a way to get rid of his contract, however that manifests itself.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

No scarfy?

#outraged
    Scarfy was there

• Options
    Come on you reds.

Really liking that Charlton team. Having a proper left back will make a huge difference
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Something like:

Perhaps you can edit it?

Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

Started by @AFKABartram

Paulie, don't react mate.
    It's little different to professional footballers who wind up an opposition player, that is likely to react.
    Back to the match ...
  • Options
    Anyone know if Jackson is there?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!