Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds v Derby tonight 11th Jan

Comments

• They do say that Bielsa is very thorough in his preparation.
  • haha that's brilliant
  • Innovative or out of order ?
  • A couple of weeks ago ahead of their match with Werder Bremen game, a drone was repeatedly spotted as Hoffenheim had their final training session.

Bremen admitted they were using the drone to see what formation and tactics Hoffenheim were planning on using.
  • bobmunro said:

Nice to see Leeds on TV - they don't get many opportunities.

Leeds fans hate how often they're on TV to be fair.
  • The English Football League have told the BBC that it is a matter for the two clubs to resolve.

Good to see the Football League getting involved again...

Does anyone know their actual purpose other than to ensure fixtures get played?

They certainly dont appear to ensure its clubs behave properly!!
  • I think the key here is that the person was acting suspiciously 'outside' the training ground. If he was on public land then what's the issue?

I would agree with the EFL (probably for the first time).

• Sponsored links:

• where's Cloughey when we need him...
  • The English Football League have told the BBC that it is a matter for the two clubs to resolve.

Good to see the Football League getting involved again...

Does anyone know their actual purpose other than to ensure fixtures get played?

They certainly dont appear to ensure its clubs behave properly!!
    Football League aren't fit for purpose.
  • bobmunro said:

I think the key here is that the person was acting suspiciously 'outside' the training ground. If he was on public land then what's the issue?

I would agree with the EFL (probably for the first time).

Agree, is it any different to managers/scouts going to watch their next opposition play?
  • Bielsa has admitted it...

Bielsa accepts responsibility for spy-gate

Marcelo Bielsa has spoken to Sky, via an interpreter. He has taken full responsibility for the spying incident, and apologised to Frank Lampard.

“It’s true, there was someone from Leeds there. The responsibility for this incident is mine. It doesn’t matter if this is legal or illegal, right or wrong … for me it’s enough that Frank Lampard and Derby County were unhappy, to show that I didn’t behave well. Yesterday I talked to Frank and he told me I didn’t respect his club. I have a different point of view, but the important thing is what he and Derby think.

“I’m the only one responsible for it, I didn’t ask Leeds for permission to do that. I’ve been using this kind of practice since the World Cup qualifiers with Argentina. This is not unlawful, we’ve done it publicly, we talk about it in the press, for some people it’s the wrong thing to do – for others it’s not.”
  • Bielsa has admitted it...

Bielsa accepts responsibility for spy-gate

Marcelo Bielsa has spoken to Sky, via an interpreter. He has taken full responsibility for the spying incident, and apologised to Frank Lampard.

“It’s true, there was someone from Leeds there. The responsibility for this incident is mine. It doesn’t matter if this is legal or illegal, right or wrong … for me it’s enough that Frank Lampard and Derby County were unhappy, to show that I didn’t behave well. Yesterday I talked to Frank and he told me I didn’t respect his club. I have a different point of view, but the important thing is what he and Derby think.

“I’m the only one responsible for it, I didn’t ask Leeds for permission to do that. I’ve been using this kind of practice since the World Cup qualifiers with Argentina. This is not unlawful, we’ve done it publicly, we talk about it in the press, for some people it’s the wrong thing to do – for others it’s not.”

That's the way to do it.

Admit it openly and take the responsibility.

Are you reading this Daisy and Roland?
  • A proper storm in t’cup.
  • If the 'spy' was on public property, like the footpath adjacent to Sparrows lane, then there is no story.
  • Its not against the law no

But come on its unsportsman like conduct, I dont care if they do it abroad, but dont bring that shit to the English game.

People that say its no different to scouting are talking bollocks, training the day before the game is specific to that game whereas scouting a match the setup from game to the next game could be different
  • I think he has paid Derby the highest respect to them as a team , he knows he needs every edge to have a chance to get a result so was trying to see what set up they have .

Is it illegal , no , is it against the spirit of the game , prolly but bollox to that the leeds scum wanna get promoted so they do what they can
  • How long did the ref take to notice flag was up
  • Sponsored links:

But come on its unsportsman like conduct, I dont care if they do it abroad, but dont bring that shit to the English game.

People that say its no different to scouting are talking bollocks, training the day before the game is specific to that game whereas scouting a match the setup from game to the next game could be different

How scared have you gotta be to go spying, plus of course, every football fan is going to hate them. (More).
  • One effing job assistant linesman and you effed that up.

So viewing training in public view should be banned to the public?
  • bobmunro said:

Its not against the law no

But it wasnt an open training session, they had someone hiding in a bush, which forced Derby to call the police and disrupted training.

If you do an open training session and someone from the other team comes then its your fault for doing it.

The 2 ex footballers in the studio both said how disgraceful it was
  • bobmunro said:

Its not against the law no

But it wasnt an open training session, they had someone hiding in a bush, which forced Derby to call the police and disrupted training.

If you do an open training session and someone from the other team comes then its your fault for doing it.

The 2 ex footballers in the studio both said how disgraceful it was
    I never said it was open, I said it was viewable from public land. Was the bush on private or public land? Was the Leeds representative trespassing?

• Fair play to Bielsa for ingenuity and going the extra mile to get an edge.

Yes you can call it 'cheating' but i think we're way past that in football. Will Lampard be moaning if one of his players dives and wins a penalty?
  • Closing in on half time. I really can’t fucking stand Leeds.
    Comms describe their defending as “a small risk” when that derby defender was having his shirt removed. It ain’t a small risk. It’s a foul.
  • Carson at fault but that Clarke is a talent.