Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More
    LATEST | Tom Eaves is absent from today's #Gills matchday squad due to injury.

We understand Tom has a thigh strain. However, Steve Lovell will address this following the game. #Gills

Dont understand why if its just an injury he is waiting till after the game to address this.

To me it sounds like he is close to a move and has refused to play and Lovell wants to wait till after the game so the players and fans concentrate on the match and not Eaves
    I think it's fair to say the Gills fans responding to the original tweet are pretty certain he's not injured and is on his way out
  • Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

We understand Tom has a thigh strain. However, Steve Lovell will address this following the game. #Gills

Dont understand why if its just an injury he is waiting till after the game to address this.

To me it sounds like he is close to a move and has refused to play and Lovell wants to wait till after the game so the players and fans concentrate on the match and not Eaves
    He does not want to play against the team he will be joining on January 1st :wink:
    Just said that to @ForeverAddickted is it just wishful thinking or could there be something in it
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

He does not want to play against the team he will be joining on January 1st :wink:
    Just said that to @ForeverAddickted is it just wishful thinking or could there be something in it
    Wishful thinking for sure for the simple fact that Eaves will cost money.
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

True but he will be a bargin that cluld add to Rolands price

Spend 500k on a player who is out of contract in 6 months but the player is worth more than that adds money on, that player then helps the club get promoted adds even more on.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

Yea right.
  • Options
    Come on you reeeddss....
    Hey, if Sunderland are the cock of the north, are we the Thrush of the south..?
  • Options
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

Thank you for all your Match Thread updates :smiley:
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

True but he will be a bargin that cluld add to Rolands price

Spend 500k on a player who is out of contract in 6 months but the player is worth more than that adds money on, that player then helps the club get promoted adds even more on.
    If he thinks he's about to sell the club (don't laugh) then he's never going to spend (or in his eyes waste) money on buying players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

That comment has already been made....see page 1.

• Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you Addickssssssss! #cafc

• Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14m14 minutes ago
    More

That comment has already been made....see page 1.

Does it matter who said it first? :smiley:
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway...

#cafc 0 #gills 0
  • Options
    Into the second minute and we still have eleven men on the pitch.

Better than last week already ...
  • Options
    Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    13s13 seconds ago
    More
    2' 0-0 #Gills kicking from right to left as we look at it. Visitors in blue and black shirts, blue and black shorts and yellow socks.
  • Options
    This is looking very promising
  • Options
    2' Gillingham win a free-kick wide right.

#cafc 0 #gills 0
  • Options
    3' Gillingham hit the outside of the post through Hanlan, but there should, perhaps, have been a free-kick for a foul on Steer as he attempted to make the catch.

#cafc 0 #gills 0
  • Options
    Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    42s42 seconds ago
    More
    3' 0-0 Oldaker's free-kick from the right isn't dealt with by Jed Steer. Ogilvie guides an effort towards goal which touches the outside of the post! #Gills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    14s14 seconds ago
    More
    4' 0-0 Bright start from #Gills, a ball in from Ogilvie is shanked by a defender and Steer has to track back and catches before List gets to him.
  • Options
    5' The Addicks stream forward and Ajose's cross is put behind for our first corner of the afternoon.

#cafc 0 #gills 0
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I decided to go today, I decided to cycle there as it wasn’t bucketing it down for a change, however my bike decided that the junction between eltham high street and west mount road would be a great place to have some sort of chain explosion so I’m now waiting for a bus home, which is handy as after fingering the chain for so long I look enough like the great unwashed to deserve my seat on a bus :unamused: up the addicks :unamused:
  • Options
    Go on reevesy... lols
  • Options
    Yes yes yes !!!!
  • Options
    Goal! Charlton Athletic 1, Gillingham 0. Ben Reeves (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by Tariqe Fosu-Henry.
  • Options
    6' The corner was caught by Holy, but he throws it straight out to Dijksteel and the Addicks came again.
    Fosu unlocks the defence and sends Reeves through who finishes calmly. GET IN!

#cafc 1 #gills 0
  • Options
    7'
    Foul by Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at
    7'
    Josh Parker (Gillingham) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    56s56 seconds ago
    More
    7' 1-0 #Gills free-kick taken by Parrett, his delicate chipped ball is caught by Steer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!