Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Decent chance to improve the goal difference here, let's go for it second half.
  • Options
    Fosu-a goal, an assist, hit the bar and set up 2 chances-the difference between the two teams at this point.
  • Options
    Gillingham FC

Verified account

@TheGillsFC
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    HT: 2-0. #Gills started the game really well but fell behind against the run of play and Charlton progressivley grew into it. Visitors have had a couple of half chances but Charlton got their second and saw it out until the break. Get one back early and it's game on though.
  • Options
    Brilliant news about Fosu. Thought it must just be a matter of time before he gets his mojo back.
  • Options

Not trying to get off thread here but if you get a chance watch palarses second goal at the ethiad one of not one the best of the season.

The what ??? FFS Guardiola!!

They'll still lose.
  • Options
    Well that was a delightful first half... We've really carried on from the performance against AFC Wimbledon last week!!

Although at the start almost felt a bit of deja vu with Gillingham very unlucky not to take an early lead, certainly have to question if they would have been had the chance fallen to Eaves (but it didnt so nirr).

As for Charlton we've been excellent; Fosu's goal was the best he's ever gotten for us and is fully deserved as the player from last season has finally returned with his pass through to Reeves just as much of a beaut!!

We could well be on for our first thrashing though; Gillingham just havent threatened, at the start they pressed and harried us which was working but the moment it went 1-0 they stopped, really they're lucky its not already 4-0!!
  • Options
    Need an early second-half goal to tie it up.
  • Options
    Solid first half. Could have had more. Let's smash 'em second half!
  • Options
    Superb stuff from Fosu, great to see him back in form ahead of a run of important games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1-0 Reeves 6'

2-0 Fosu 39'

wow
  • Options
    It was a good performance in the first half but we need a third early in the second half ...

... to give us plenty of time to hit the fourth, fifth, and sixth. :smiley:

At long last it looks like we're going to dish out a battering and who better to be on the receiving end than the Jills.
  • Options
    We’re looking very confident on the ball and have created some great chances.

Fosu hit the bar. Had two great chances from cut backs, Ajose took a poor touch for one and Reeves had his shot saved for the other.
  • Options
    BBC page has now put up the Pompey v Sunderland game stats, etc 0-0 at HT
  • Options
    We want 8!
  • Options
    Playing really well in midfield tonight, creating a lot, joy to watch. Must be something in the air or the water or the grass, I know which one it is over here...
  • Options
    Some shocking defending there - why do they stand so far off?
  • Options

Not trying to get off thread here but if you get a chance watch palarses second goal at the ethiad one of not one the best of the season.

I've never, ever given a flag but you have come mighty close.
  • Options
    Not won yet by any means. Gillingham are a decent side, although without their cutting edge toda
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wouldn't it be nice if we just went and smashed a team by 4 or 5, makes it doubly sweet against the Gills
  • Options
    Fosu goal was a good hit but it's the kind of hit you can do quite readily if you're a pro footballer with nobody within ten yards of you. Shocking defending. The first goal was the sort of thing we need to do more though and I find it more heartening we scored one of those today - the unpicked defence, the cool finish
  • Options
    BOSH @TariqeFosu 🚀 #cafc

• Options
    The hardy customers who made it to the game needn’t worry, we won’t throw this today, even if they pull one back straight after H/T I can guarantee you the win today, no need for squeaky bums
  • Options
    Did not expect to be 6 points off top spot coming up to Christmas. Well done boys.
  • Options

I'm trying to be positive but our shocking possession stats have really taken the shine off for me.

The only stats are am interested in, is the goals
  • Options
    Sunderland down to 10 men at Portsmouth.

Pompey 1-0 up from the penalty, their first shot of the game.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!