Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wimbledon | Sat 15 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    The midweek match has probably taken a lot out of the team so I am expecting a flat performance. Not able to quite get over the line, 1-1.
  • Options
    Just like to add that I can’t believe Waggy is 28.
  • Options
    If the noises are that Taylor will be playing, my guess is he probably won't. Bowyer is not a manager who likes to give clues to opposing managers.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Have found out some interesting stats this evening...

Wimbledon have lost each of their last 6 away games and only have 3 points in their last 8 away games.

Wimbledon also have the worst first half record in the league and scoring only 6 first half goals.

Whereas, we have won 13 points from our last 6 home games and 17 from our last 8 home games, only losing once.

We also have the best first half record in the division, scoring the most as well within the first 45 minutes. It is our second half form that is letting us down. In fact, if matches only lasted 45 minutes, we would be top of the league, joint with Portsmouth, and only Luton would drop out of the top 6 being in 7th. It is Luton's outstanding second half form that brings them into the top two at the moment. Further to this, an area of improvement is clearly when we are leading at HT we really need to learn to go on and win the game, the teams around us in the league are able to go on and win each time they have been winning at HT, most having a 100% record of this. We also have lost each time we are behind at HT. Goodness me, this all points to us being quite poor in the second half.

Therefore, a bet of Charlton to be winning at half time and full time is showing to be very likely. And it only exhibits the importance for us to get off to a good start.

2-0 HT, 3-0 FT.
  • Options
    What worries me is we could find it hard to score without both Taylor and Grant.
  • Options
    Just see who the ref is !! With him in charge & CAFC to make their usual slip up against one of the bottom four I can only see one result....

1-2. Pigott to get the winner.
  • Options
    2-1 despite making heavy weather of it.
  • Options
    After Tuesday this has banana skin written all over it. Hopefully we now have a new Charlton under Bowyer. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    Pigott to score the winner for Charlton. A backheel into his own net.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

After Tuesday this has banana skin written all over it. Hopefully we now have a new Charlton under Bowyer. That's all I'm saying.

Blackpool had the same feeling after resting players for the FA Cup.

I think injuries and Tuesday night will have taken their toll. We've struggled to break teams down this year and over the last couple years AFCW have been one of the best at defending deep and not giving us a sniff. I feel an early goal sways the tie, but I'm thinking a draw.
  • Options
    We are pants against bad sides, reckon 1-1 or 2-1 them.

• Options
    After the excellent win midweek and the results last year, see this is as a banana skin
    1-1
  • Options
    Only on Charlton Life... negativity

We are 5th, just beaten the league leaders away, we are playing 2nd BOTTOM at HOME...

1-1 :smile:
  • Options

Just see who the ref is !! With him in charge & CAFC to make their usual slip up against one of the bottom four I can only see one result....

Never change Golfie!

I've just looked back at some of your predictions in the previews this season, and i can't see you've predicted us to win a single game all season. If the results you predicted came true, we'd have about 6 points.

Plymouth
    3 wins on the trot, 4 unbeaten.......we're on a roll & meeting the league's bottom side, at home, at they've not won a game all season. What can go wrong.
    0-1. 
    This is Charlton. We don't normal.

Wycombe
    A game we should & need to win if serious about a top 6 place. We won't of course.
    1-1

Bristol rovers
    Can't see where the goals are going to come from & we have no-one who can hold the ball up & make it stick with Taylor being out.
    1-2.

Walsall
    well, it certainly wont be the 4-2 beating we gave them in 2000.
    2-0 loss.

Barnsley
    can't see anything but a Barnsley win.
    1-3

Luton
    Not seen us win there on 3 occasions. They've not lost at home & we are due a defeat.
    And I see the ref is Mr Coggins the scrapheap bloke who owned that car that can now fly.....
    2-1 defeat.

Portsmouth
    Even Teresa May knows when to admit it defeat.....shame we can't postpone this game too.
    3-0........and the slide is on.
    I don't know what's worse. His predictions or you going through his previous posts?
  • Options
    Was just curious to see if he's ever predicted a Charlton win.
  • Options
    Please may someone advise me if you still have to use a VPN for Ifollow or can you pay to watch as normal? Thanks
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Never change Golfie!

I've just looked back at some of your predictions in the previews this season, and i can't see you've predicted us to win a single game all season. If the results you predicted came true, we'd have about 6 points.

Plymouth
    3 wins on the trot, 4 unbeaten.......we're on a roll & meeting the league's bottom side, at home, at they've not won a game all season. What can go wrong.
    0-1. 

Wycombe
    A game we should & need to win if serious about a top 6 place. We won't of course.
    1-1

Bristol rovers
    Can't see where the goals are going to come from & we have no-one who can hold the ball up & make it stick with Taylor being out.
    1-2.

Walsall
    2-0 loss.

Barnsley
    1-3

Luton
    Not seen us win there on 3 occasions. They've not lost at home & we are due a defeat.
    And I see the ref is Mr Coggins the scrapheap bloke who owned that car that can now fly.....
    2-1 defeat.

Portsmouth
    Even Teresa May knows when to admit it defeat.....shame we can't postpone this game too.
    I don't know what's worse. His predictions or you going through his previous posts?
    We also drew 2-2 away at Luton :smile:
  • Options

Never change Golfie!

Plymouth
    0-1. 

Wycombe
    1-1

Bristol rovers
    1-2.

Walsall
    2-0 loss.

Barnsley
    1-3

Luton
    2-1 defeat.

Portsmouth
    Do I have a fan.......or a stalker ??? lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mr.se7 said:

Please may someone advise me if you still have to use a VPN for Ifollow or can you pay to watch as normal? Thanks

You'll need a VPN today... Its only games that arent @ 3pm on a Saturday where you wont need one
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If Taylor and Grant (arn't they Port / Sherry makers incidentally?) are injured, isnt it finally time for the bold experiment that is Naby Sarr up front!!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    1-0 Charlton. Could be a tough game with an injury hit team but hopefully we can grind out another result as Downes will be setting up to physically out do us.
  • Options

mr.se7 said:

You'll need a VPN today... Its only games that arent @ 3pm on a Saturday where you wont need one
    Being lazy and without having to scroll back through the thread, can someone give a brief description of how I get the match via vpn in the uk?
  • Options
    Ajose to fill his boots and continue to rise, Phoenix-like, from the ashes. 3-1.
  • Options

If the noises are that Taylor will be playing, my guess is he probably won't. Bowyer is not a manager who likes to give clues to opposing managers.

Lee said Taylor wouldn't play when he had the stomach muscle injury yet he started
    So I would expect Lyle to be on the bench and only brought on if the game isn't going our way.
    I always felt that Fosu and Ajose would need to find form for us to have any chance of a top 6 finish. Injuries are mandatory for Cafc due to the curse of the Douchebag.
    All the positive thinking in the world can't overcome getting a myriad of pulls, strains and dislocated shoulders.

I have no idea of the score today as I'm not privy to the starting 11. I know that Bowyer likes fishing and red herrings.
  • Options
    What’s all this talk and negativity of Taylor not playing. He’s starting.
  • Options
    Even if he doesnt I wonder if Bowyer would go 4-3-3 almost with

Steer
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Sarr
    Lapslie | Bielik | Aribo
    Fosu | Ajose | Marshall

Be better than going for the usual formation with Hackett-Fairchild in Taylor's place
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Even if he doesnt I wonder if Bowyer would go 4-3-3 almost with

Steer
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Sarr
    Lapslie | Bielik | Aribo
    Fosu | Ajose | Marshall

Be better than going for the usual formation with Hackett-Fairchild in Taylor's place

I thought Marshall was doubtful as well mate, we need a plan 'C' :wink:

Edit; revert to type with the Nabster up top :smiley:
  • Options
    Got to win today and I fancy 2-0. Easy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!