Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton v Charlton | Tue 27 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

“I think we’ve got to be careful with the older ones and he [Ward] is a bit older – so Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday can be a bit tough,” said Charlton manager Bowyer. “We have to weigh up and see how he is today [Monday] because I’ll probably name the team today.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-on-fitness-of-jamie-ward-and-pat-bauer-as-charlton-boss-admits-more-careful-approach-needed-for-burton-game/

He’s only 32, hardly a veteran!
  • Options

Anyone streaming the game tonight out of interest!

£10 via iFollow on the Burton Albion website.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Sage said:

With Hackett-Fairchild not playing today for the U23s, he will almost certainly be in the squad tomorrow night.

He's looked properly, irredeemably useless every time I've seen him, and I attend Checkatrade games so I've seen quite a bit of him. God knows what they see in him
    Must admit I was deeply unimpressed away to Mansfield but he did hit a nice volleyed ball up the line on Saturday (his only touch I think). Looks like a spell of playing "man's football" is needed. Send him to Hendon!
  • Options
  • Options
    Their Dressing room update.

JAMIE Allen is the latest addition to the Burton Albion injury list ahead of the home game against Charlton tomorrow night (7.45pm).

The midfielder picked up an ankle injury in the second half of the 3-0 defeat at Blackpool and is now a doubt for tomorrow.

Albion had five players missing through injury at the weekend and only Will Miller of those has a chance of being involved against Charlton.

Brewers manager Nigel Clough said: “We are not too sure we will have anybody back and we may even lose Jamie after his ankle injury at Blackpool, ironically enough 30 seconds after we made our third substitution which was the way it seemed to go on Saturday.

"He managed to keep going until the end of the game but it is very sore this morning. We will have to see how he is.

“Will Miller’s hamstring was tight on Saturday but we are hoping he will be OK to be back involved. That should give us a lift as he’s always bright and lively.

“The ten-day break after Charlton is the best option for getting everyone else fit now and hopefully by then David Templeton, Ben Turner and Ben Fox shouldn’t be too far away. Marvin Sordell’s knee is still pretty sore but the other three should be pretty close by Shrewsbury.”

Clough does have an option at left back tomorrow however with the return from injury of Reece Hutchinson at Blackpool.

Clough said: “Reece came on for half an hour and did well. I thought all the young lads did well when they came on, Reece, Joe Sbarra and Marcuss Harness. Even though it was 3-0 down it was still good experience for them.”

So could be value for us to win at 9/4 !
  • Options
    All six of those players will both start and score
  • Options
    Leuth said:

All six of those players will both start and score

Well if one of them scores I reckon we should have a volunteer on here to get a tattoo of his name...
  • Options

clive said:

“I think we’ve got to be careful with the older ones and he [Ward] is a bit older – so Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday can be a bit tough,” said Charlton manager Bowyer. “We have to weigh up and see how he is today [Monday] because I’ll probably name the team today.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-on-fitness-of-jamie-ward-and-pat-bauer-as-charlton-boss-admits-more-careful-approach-needed-for-burton-game/

For an injury-prone attacking player 32 is starting to get on a bit.
  • Options

clive said:

For an injury-prone attacking player 32 is starting to get on a bit.
    Yeh especially when you consider many on here said Jacko's legs had gone before he was 30 :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jrcafc said:
    Not really that decent imo , more of a summary and your predictions. But good luck to you still
  • Options
    These are the sort of games on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday night north of Watford that sort out the men from the boys. Lets hope all our boys are men tonight and up for the challenge; 2-0 to the Addicks and a brace for Taylor. COYRs
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ignore this, failed to read the original post fully.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Is this the first time we have played Burton in the league? I am struggling to think of a time before now.

I believe so. We played them in the FA Cup c1956 but they were non-league for many years so that was the only opportunity.
  • Options
    Type of match I normally expect us to struggle at. However, I actually think we will be us for this and reckon we will sneak a 1-0 win.

Bringing Taylor back is a given, I would probably stick with Lapslie in the midfield, unless Reeves is 100% fit.

• Options
    Cold wet and dark oop North, sat in a boozer about a mile away from the ground - up the Addicks.
  • Options

Type of match I normally expect us to struggle at. However, I actually think we will be us for this and reckon we will sneak a 1-0 win.

Bringing Taylor back is a given, I would probably stick with Lapslie in the midfield, unless Reeves is 100% fit.

Reeves unlikely to play, says Bowyer
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Sage said:

Is this the first time we have played Burton in the league? I am struggling to think of a time before now.

I believe so. We played them in the FA Cup c1956 but they were non-league for many years so that was the only opportunity.
    And then somehow ended up a division below them for 2 seasons...
  • Options
    We are playing so poorly. Don't think either were pens. Ref is weak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 all at half time after two pens.

Grant winning and scoring his pen to bring Charlton level.
  • Options
    Cheers Henry. That's 45 minutes saved.
  • Options
    Quite possibly the worst referee I've seen this season...
  • Options
    2-1 pearce
  • Options

2 - 1 to us, Taylor and Pearce with the goals.

OK , so I know it's not 100% correct,,,,,, but, come on ..... it's the closest I've ever got to being right !!!

If only Taylor had taken the penalty ......... or maybe not !