Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Mansfield - Post Match Thread

Wemberleeee, Wemberleeee

It’s like 1947 all over again.

Nice reward for the 18% diehards and lunatics.

Post match thoughts?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    No highlights show (of course)?

If I’d gone he would have played less first teamers and we would have lost
  • Forgot we were playing otherwise I may have gone. Looked in at 8.30, saw team and 1 up. Just checked again and genuinely shocked... I mean Toby Stevenson failed to score!

Well done chaps. Maybe this is our cup year!
  • Never expected 5-0 against Mansfield, a team high in confidence after a long unbeaten run. Great result and looking forward to a win against Donny to see who we get in the Third round.
    Well played the Reds and thanks to Ross and others for the match thread.
  • Just checked again and genuinely shocked... I mean Toby Stevenson failed to score!

He did get an assist, according to the BBC site ..... for Marshall's goal.

• My 1st 4+ goals this season.
    1,900 shows why we shouldnt take this tournament seriously, not many are interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    People would still attend for the 3rd, 4th onwards. Of course a
    1st round replay against Mansfield isn't a crowd booster.
  • Shocking attendance ........a lot of apathy for CAFC nowadays
  • Great result but Mansfield were the better side in the first half. I thought we were fortunate to be 2 up.
  • Any chance we might be able to catch the goals from anywhere soon? I’d love to see them.

Taylor is something else. To get 12 in 18 is phenomenal, and he could’ve had so much more with the missed penalties and chances he ought to have scored as well. We have a real striker on our hands.

Well done to all who went tonight. Hopefully we can carry this forward going into Saturday now.
  • edited November 2018
    100 up. Always chuckle at how many people view the Player Marks thread before any player marks are posted
  • Wow. On another thread I predicted we would score five, one of which in the last minute(calling it a last minute winner was just poetic license). I just mucked up a tad predicting 4 goals for Mansfield. But a damned close call.

• I don’t think that is true, and even if it was, it has nothing to do with the attendance tonight. Appalling cup performances over many years, cold and wet, crap opponents all take their toll.
    ct_addick said:

Shocking attendance ........a lot of apathy for CAFC nowadays

• Croydon said:

Nicky Ajose delivers on what could have been his last last chance.

2 assists and a goal.
    Nicky is back in the last chance saloon from the last, last, last chance saloon.
    JJ was right to say Ajose needs to grab his chance when it comes.
    The Rovers game could be the springboard to success or the trapdoor to failure for NA.

Lyle Taylor has big boots to fill.
  • Sponsored links:

• At the game. It’s my birthday so well chuffed. Happy for Ajose he really needed that goal and those assists. As for Taylor... different class. The confidence and audacity to try that chip is insane, nevermind to pull it off
  • At the game. It’s my birthday so well chuffed. Happy for Ajose he really needed that goal and those assists. As for Taylor... different class. The confidence and audacity to try that chip is insane, nevermind to pull it off

Happy Birthday...
  • Oggy Red said:

clb74 said:

My 1st 4+ goals this season.
    1,900 shows why we shouldnt take this tournament seriously, not many are interested.

They would be if we were playing Spurs or Man U in the 3rd round.

Or the 7000 that went to fulham

Happy Birthday
  • Exactly as I predicted. I feel vindicated.
  • edited November 2018
    Not a 5-0 result but after the farcical 3rd goal the Mansfield side lost the plot and made the scoreline a lop sided one.

Good fortune to be up at half time. Sloppy in the first half with Phillips and Bauer coming to our rescue. How they didnt score from that excellent ball from the right wing in the first half is a mystery.

Second half much better. The front 2 were excellent and Bauer looked class tonight.

Awful crowd on a cold and wet evening but that's the magic of the FA Cup for you.
  • I predicted 3-0 in front of a crowd of 30. I don't think I was that far off.
  • shirty5 said:

Not a 5-0 result

I think you'll find....