Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Mansfield- Match thread

Comments

• Options
    One is not going to be enough. Early second goal after the restart is vital.
  • Options

Grateful for any half time thoughts from those there

It's cold.
    So I'm told
  • Options
    Half time and cold.
    Thought Sarr was lucky to get away with what could've been a pen. They hit the post after Toby was skinned.

Looks like either they will get one through honest endeavour or we get another if some of our ambitious play pays off.
    Brrrrr
  • Options
    It's not that cold but it's been dull since we scored.

Clarke isn't a CDM and he's not playing well.

Their pace is killing us but they can't finish.

Get Reeco on
  • Options
    I showed up 35 minutes late and within thirty seconds Mansfield missed an open goal. Should have turned around and left immediately
  • Options
    Cold and miserable here. Started brightly enough and some good play for the goal. Taylor missed a sitter early on. Seem to take our foot off the gas after the goal and they’ve been running the show but without any real threat since. Bowyer needs to give em bit of a gee up at half time...
  • Options
    The mumbling in the stands and the tinny lift music on the tannoy makes this feel like I am in a zombie flick....
  • Options
    Mediocre stuff, Bauer and Taylor playing well, but our overall play is poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disjointed and listless performance. Our midfield is being outpassed and we have played most of our football 30 yards from our own goal line. They have had 3 good chances to score, about 70% possession and 7/8 corners to our one. How we are 1-0 up I have no idea.
    By the end Jackson was telling the defence to boot the ball upfield, the only way we could get it out of our half.
    Dire.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Disjointed and listless performance. Our midfield is being outpassed and we have played most of our football 30 yards from our own goal line. They have had 3 good chances to score, about 70% possession and 7/8 corners to our one. How we are 1-0 up I have no idea.
    By the end Jackson was telling the defence to boot the ball upfield, the only way we could get it out of our half.
    Dire.

I have put the BBC details above
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Dire.

Bloody hell. Glad I’m at home watching telly in the warm.
  • Options
    Mansfield Town FC

Verified account

@mansfieldtownfc
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    FIRST HALF: Here's some snaps from the first half, in which the #Stags have been the better side, yet trail 1-0.

• Options
    I've been out the house for half an hour and I've already got advanced-stage frostbite. Those who turned up for kick off presumably already without appendages
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46214734

The FA Cup second-round tie between Solihull Moors and Blackpool will be screened live on BBC Two.

League One Blackpool will visit their National League opponents on Friday, 30 November, with kick-off at 19:55 GMT.

BT Sport will show both the all-Welsh tie between Wrexham and Newport (20:00), and Morecambe or Halifax v AFC Wimbledon (12:30) on 1 December.

Non-league Guiseley's match with League One Fleetwood will be shown on BT Sport on 3 December (20:00).

Neither BBC nor BT Sport willing to show the (potential) second round clash between Division Three heavyweights Charlton and Donny Rovers.

Looks like we've dodged a bullet ...
  • Options
    Either that or I shouldn't wear leaky shoes through a downpour
  • Options
    Does Dijksteel need help against Hamilton?
  • Options
    The two sides are back out at The Valley...

#cafc 1 #stags 0
  • Options
    Leuth said:

No sympathy. You know the answer... Duck tape (c) solves most problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ⚽️ KICK-OFF

Charlton get the second period going...

#cafc 1 #stags 0
  • Options
    C'mon Charlton.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

“Caligaris reparo”
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Cold and miserable here.

85 degrees Fahrenheit here, but it feels warmer. Of course I would rather be at the Valley watching this epic encounter.
  • Options
    Mansfield Town FC

Verified account

@mansfieldtownfc
    24s24 seconds ago
    More
    ATTENDANCE: Tonight's attendance at The Valley is 1,910, 291 of which is made up of travelling #Stags' fans. Thank you for your support!
  • Options
    Can see Mansfield equalising the way we are playing.
  • Options
    48' | Charlton 1-0 #Stags

Sarr heads behind for a corner, as the ball seemingly looked to be landing on the head of Rose.
  • Options
    49' | Charlton 1-0 #Stags

The ball is played through to Hamilton, who is flagged offside.
  • Options
    Christ we are crap so far
  • Options
    Attendance tonight: 1,910

Is that our record lowest FA Cup crowd at The Valley?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!