Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Mansfield- Match thread

It’s cold and dreary tonight in SE London. Will that also be the mood of the sparce faithful when leaving The Valley tonight?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Taylor and Bauer playing yessss! COYRs
  • Charlton: Phillips; Djksteel, Bauer, Sarr, Stevenson; Clarke, Pratley (C), Lapslie, Fosu; Taylor, Ajose

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Marshall, Grant, Morgan, Hackett-Fairchild, Sarpong-Wiredu
  • good strong line up .. we'll win this one … come on youse Addicks aaaaahhhh !! ((:>)
  • Charlton: Phillips; Djksteel, Bauer, Sarr, Stevenson; Clarke, Pratley (C), Lapslie, Fosu; Taylor, Ajose

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Marshall, Grant, Morgan, Hackett-Fairchild, Sarpong-Wiredu

Call my cynical, but Taylor posted on IG yesterday or the day before that he'd just finished a 24 hour journey back from Montserrat. I don't see any reason to play him in this game, let alone start him. Especially considering he was carrying a knock last week with a stomach muscle problem
  • OS expects a 4-4-2 diamond, though says it could be a flat 4-4-2 with Fosu on the left.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bf426485f3fa/team-news-bauer-and-taylor-start-tonights-fa-cup-first-round-replay-against-mansfield
    Bowyer’s Charlton are expected to line-up in a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Dillon Phillips in goal behind Anfernee Dijksteel, Bauer, Naby Sarr and Toby Stevenson. Billy Clarke is expected to play defensive midfield with skipper Darren Pratley and George Lapslie in front of him. Tariqe Fosu will likely fill the role behind the front pair of Lyle Taylor and Nicky Ajose, although he could operate the wider left position he played in our 2-0 win at Walsall.
  • Clarke CDM with pratley ahead of him is some serious mourinhoesque shit
  • Match thread wars:

Haha, AFKA ......... lino said there was an infringement - but the ref has allowed it to stand.
    And there was me thinking you're still in the pub.

:smile:

• As good a line up as could have been expected.
    Apart from Ajose who offers nothing.

Now prove me wrong and score the winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent line up. A long rest for several players, Bielik, Pearce, Aribo, I hope they aren't rusty on Saturday
  • Clarke CDM with pratley ahead of him is some serious mourinhoesque shit

Clarke has a great footballing brain. We know Bowyer wants to try him in that role as a replacement for Cullen/JFC.

By contrast, the four months he's been here, I've seen nothing from Pratley that indicates he has the tactical discipline for that sitting role. Him being our deepest midfielder lead to big gaps in front of our central defenders, and he was really poor there in the first half against Scunny.
  • Looks like he's going for it!
  • Very interested to see how Ajose fairs with Taylor, Fosu and Clarke to provide some service the lack of which has tended to be offered up as an excuse for his poor goals to games ratio with us.
  • Mansfield Town FC

Verified account

@mansfieldtownfc
    10m10 minutes ago
    More
    TEAM NEWS: #Stags' boss David Flitcroft has made 4⃣ changes to the side that beat Port Vale 1-0 for tonight's @EmiratesFACup first round replay against Charlton Athletic. 💪
  • Ajose must be in the last, last, last chance saloon.
  • Like that team. Should be enough to do the business. COYR
  • Like that team. Should be enough to do the business. COYR

Famous last words! haha

• Sponsored links:

• big day for Mansfield .. make a change from playing in front of 3/4000 .. BUT .. hold on a minute .. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ((:>)
  • Go to the game in the cold rain, or sit indoors in loungewear, heating on drinking my first mulled wine of the season.... Yeah, keep the updates coming please.
  • Oggy Red said:

Match thread wars:

Haha, AFKA ......... lino said there was an infringement - but the ref has allowed it to stand.

Classic example of a democratic dictatorship @OggyRed :-)
  • EastStand said:

Go to the game in the cold rain, or sit indoors in loungewear, heating on drinking my first mulled wine of the season.... Yeah, keep the updates coming please.

Puzzled ....what exactly is "loungewear", Easty?

• edited November 2018
    Wonder if the Douchbag's been on the phone to Bowyer telling him to make an effort to get to the 3rd round to save having to sell more assets :-0
  • RedChaser said:

Oggy Red said:

Match thread wars:

Classic example of a democratic dictatorship @OggyRed :-)
    Yeah, 'He That Must Be Obeyed' pulled rank on me, the blighter!

• And the vertically challenged will inherit the match thread
  • Oggy Red said:

EastStand said:

Go to the game in the cold rain, or sit indoors in loungewear, heating on drinking my first mulled wine of the season.... Yeah, keep the updates coming please.

It’s pjs for those of us too embarrassed to admit that to our fellow CL compatriots :-)
  • EastStand said:

Oggy Red said:

EastStand said:

It’s pjs for those of us too embarrassed to admit that to our fellow CL compatriots :-)
    What, at this time of night? :smile:
  • edited November 2018
    Oggy Red said:

EastStand said:

A Charlton onesie of course, all proper fans should have one :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!