Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mansfield v. Charlton - FA Cup - ***Match Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    so get ready for the " glad we are out" comments----that is one strange side we are fielding----3 v1 loss
  • Options

Sage said:

Only five on the bench or is them the rules?

Nope, we can have 7 but Bows obviously has decided against bringing extra so has gone for the 5.
    That is ridiculous. At the minimum you can stick another couple of youngsters on there for the experience of being involved. All part of their learning curve. Trying to prove a point to RD is ridiculous, do you think he knows the sub rules? I didn’t.
    Another game on Tuedsay, Large.

The other kids get a run out then.

• Options
    Is five subs the maximum in the cup?
    Sage said:

Nope, we can have 7 but Bows obviously has decided against bringing extra so has gone for the 5.
    Reeco is like three players
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

That is ridiculous. At the minimum you can stick another couple of youngsters on there for the experience of being involved. All part of their learning curve. Trying to prove a point to RD is ridiculous, do you think he knows the sub rules? I didn’t.

Perhaps we should have moved that game back to Wednesday once the FA Cup match was moved to Sunday
  • Options

Sage said:

I am confident Bowyer knows that he can have 7 subs for the FA Cup. Maybe he is trying to prove a point to RD, or maybe he just feels that other young players are not worthy of being involved yet, they may not have showed him enough and he has decided to completely rest players like Pearce, Solly, Bielik and Aribo.
  • Options

Don't understand only having 5 on the bench. Why not bring another couple of kids

I think he's making a point.
  • Options
  • Options
    David Flitcroft!! Giver of the best soundbites in English football
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Confusion about this fixture as the OS states the match will be played on Tues 20th November UNLESS we have a replay against Mansfield in which case the Checkatrade match WILL be on Tuesday 13th ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you Addicksssss! #cafc

• Options
    On this Remembrance Day, there will be a period of silence prior to kick-off to remember all those who have given their lives for their country.
    The Addicks will also be wearing black armbands with poppies adorned on them. #cafc

• Options
    Mansfield have made two changes for this match.
    Charlton have made nine.
    That shows where our priorities are.
    Despite all the changes I still expect a close game.
    COYR.
  • Options
    A period of silence is impeccably observed at the One Call Stadium on Remembrance Sunday.

We Will Remember Them. #cafc

• Options
    KICK-OFF!

@mansfieldtownfc get us going!

#stags 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Good opening noise from those up there
  • Options
    Mansfield Town FC

Verified account

@mansfieldtownfc
    27s27 seconds ago
    More
    2' | #Stags 0-0 Charlton

Bishop finds Mellis with a searching pass, yet the midfielder is flagged offside.
  • Options
    Is anyone reading this or is everybody on a link and watching?
  • Options
    LISTEN LIVE

Not at the One Call Stadium? Tune into live audio commentary of our @EmiratesFACup tie against Mansfield with @KillersBeard and @GregStubley3 👇
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_1v7o2ajg … #cafc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    5' | #Stags 0-0 Charlton

Lapslie finds himself with a good chance, but doesn't make the required connection with the ball.
  • Options
    5' Chance! Karlan Grant beats Matt Preston on the left but George Lapslie just can't connect with his low cross in the middle.

#stags 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Is Bielik eligible to play for us? Otherwise it seems weird to have neither him or Pearce on the bench
  • Options
    ross1 said:

A period of silence is impeccably observed at the One Call Stadium on Remembrance Sunday.

We Will Remember Them. #cafc

Strange stand.
  • Options
    7' CJ Hamilton fires a shot against the outside of the post for Mansfield after getting onto a Krystian Pearce through ball.

#stags 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    7' At the other end, Lapslie thumps one just over the bar from the edge of the box. Lively start here..

#stags 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Lapslie should have played in Stevenson there
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Is anyone reading this or is everybody on a link and watching?

I'm just posting on other threads...;)
  • Options
    Mansfield Town FC

Verified account

@mansfieldtownfc
    29s29 seconds ago
    More
    8' | #Stags 0-0 Charlton

Benning heads towards goal, but it's collected by Addicks' 'keeper Phillips.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!