Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Copa Libertadores final

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Not much in the way of social distancing giving out the medals.
  • Options
    Not much in the way of social distancing giving out the medals.
    It’s cool, it’s not like Brazil has some crazy variant of the virus ripping through its society or anything! 
  • Options
    Scenes outside the stadium

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Scenes outside the stadium

This looks like being outside Palmeiras' ground rather than the Maracana.
  • Options
    if you google Palmeiras you get fireworks coming up on the screen. 
  • Options
    It was a poor football match  I thought thsnk godthere willnot be another 30 mins last night.
    I thought I was wat hung a league one game.

• Options
    msomerton said:
    It was a poor football match  I thought thsnk godthere willnot be another 30 mins last night.
    I thought I was wat hung a league one game.

A Brazilian friend summarised it well for me - “this is a great advert for why I don’t bother with Brazilian club football and just watch European leagues”.

Though in fairness, it was 30 degrees and they’ve played about 50 games since October. Not the best conditions for a rip-roaring football spectacle. 

Plus the comparative lack of fans took away a lot of what makes the Libertadores special. Will never forget the atmosphere (even if a strange and expat one) of the final in Madrid I went to!
  • Options
    That trophy is a bit of a beast isn't it?!
  • Options
    Boca Juniors took their exit on penalties well this week. Apparently angered by a couple of VAR calls against them and then provoked by a staff member from Atletico Mineiro, they tried to storm the home teams dressing room, fought with police and half their team ended up spending the night at the local police station. Now facing a likely tournament ban.

• Options
    That’ll learn ‘em. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Copa Libertadores final between Brazil's Palmeiras and Flamengo will be shown live on BBC iPlayer and online on Saturday, 27 November from 19:45 GMT.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59407855
  • Options
    Bumping for 2022.

The final will be on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website tonight

Kick off at 9pm

Flamengo v Athletico Paranaense
  • Options
    Bumping for 2022.

The final will be on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website tonight

Kick off at 9pm

Flamengo v Athletico Paranaense
    Flamengo probably stand a chance now the game is just over one leg...
  • Options
    It’s that man again.
    Barbosa - the man they call GabiGol who puts Flamengo 1 up just before the half time whistle.
    Paranaense have had a man sent off for 2 yellows in a “feisty” first half.
  • Options
    It’s that man again.
    Barbosa - the man they call GabiGol who puts Flamengo 1 up just before the half time whistle.
    Paranaense have had a man sent off for 2 yellows in a “feisty” first half.
    First bit of quality I saw lead to the goal. Can't see.this ending with 21 still on the pitch
  • Options
    Why are there so many empty seats for such a big match? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Why are there so many empty seats for such a big match? 
    Probably because of the distance. The venue (Guayaquil) was around a 6 hour flight from Brazil and apparently there were not that many direct flights.
  • Options

Copa Libertadores final 2023: Boca Juniors v Fluminense - How to watch in UK, team news, kick-off time & stats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67264713