Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton offer new contracts to seven players

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Why Phillips?

Because if he leaves in the summer, our senior goalkeeper is about 12 years old
    Would he pass the CL height test?
  • I blame our CEO
  • ^

To paraphrase “We have offered contracts and hope they accept them as they are fair, but they are only our first offer” is not getting these contracts signed!

The Stupid Test.
  • I blame our CEO

Unfair

Surely as a contractual matter it's the Financial Director to blame?
  • Don’t worry, their a good Bunch of lads, they’ll all be signed up by the weekend.
  • ^ I thought that, weird negotiation by Bowyer.

To paraphrase “We have offered contracts and hope they accept them as they are fair, but they are only our first offer” is not getting these contracts signed!

I can just imagine Bowyer on The Apprentice

"These doughnuts cost £5 each. I hope you will buy them at that price as it's a fair deal, but it's only the first offer"
  • Don’t worry, their a good Bunch of lads, they’ll all be signed up by the weekend.

The only question is to which club?

Oh yes, because our Dear Owner thinks they are stupid.

Oh yes, because our Dear Owner thinks they are stupid.
    ‘Do you think the young players can tell the difference if the crowd are protesting about me or protesting about the team?’
    ‘No, Roland, they all had their fingers in their ears and didn’t hear the accompanying and plentiful chants of “Roland is a ladies front bottom” so I’m sure they thought the rubber taxi’s emblazoned with “taxi for Roland” was a protest about the players and not about you, you ladies front bottom....’
  • Davo55 said:

Fumbluff said:

I don’t visit the main site so much now due to their draconian cookie usage but does he mention how many of the 7 players have signed up to the new pay cuts contracts?

None yet.

LB pretty much says these are first offers, which may well be true but not the sort of thing you would normally say in a negotiation.
    I do wonder if he’s using those words to let the players know, indirectly, that he supports them going for more.
  • Sponsored links:

• George Lapslie and Reeco Hackett-Fairchild are set to sign new Charlton Athletic contracts.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-duo-set-to-sign-contract-extensions/
  • Heard (admittedly 3rd hand) that JFC has been sounded out about a contract extension on significantly reduced terms.
  • Well it's a no-brainer for Hackett-Fairchild to sign that deal. Take the money whilst it's on offer to you, cause there won't be a new one after that unless he's bucks his ideas up.

Different player to last season and that's not a good thing!
  • shirty5 said:

Well it's a no-brainer for Hackett-Fairchild to sign that deal. Take the money whilst it's on offer to you, cause there won't be a new one after that unless he's bucks his ideas up.

Didn’t think he was awful. Few nice touches here and there
  • Recco is a total waste of space. He will never make it as a professional footballer. Who is it thinks he is worth another contract??
  • edited December 2018

Who was that "shit" striker we had last season that so many "experts" on here said should never play for us again?

Got sent out on loan to Crawley. Glad we got rid as not heard anyone slagging him off this season.

Interesting read over 1 year on:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79749/karlan-ahearne-grant-joins-crawley-on-loan-page-6/p1

First reply with 24 likes was that he’d be playing non-league within 2 years.

However there were 10 likes in another reply which included the suggestion of loaning him to League 2 to get that goal scoring feeling back.

It worked out though I guess things could have been different had he gone to wrong club/manager in League 2. His loan at Crawley couldn’t really have gone any better.
  • se9addick said:

Unless they are tripling his wages Phillips would be silly to sign.

Careful or Roland will print these off and say they didn't sign because of comments on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who was that "shit" striker we had last season that so many "experts" on here said should never play for us again?

Got sent out on loan to Crawley. Glad we got rid as not heard anyone slagging him off this season.

Sorry Henry but you need to get your head out of his backside for 2 minutes.

Karlan is 4 months older than RHF, Karlan always looked like he had potential but needed a loan spell to get his confidence and he went on loan and took his chance

RHF has been on loan twice now both non league, the most recent being in September when a non League team only deemed him good enough to play 2 games, I have watched RHF a few times this season for 1st team and everytime he has been poor and nowhere near enough quality.

If this time next season Reeco has done what Grant has done and scored 9 League.goals before October, I will do any forfeit of your choice.

It wont happen as I said there are only 4 months between these 2 in age and Grant is miles better than RHF
  • Could do with some positive contract news about the players in the next few weeks
  • shirty5 said:

Well it's a no-brainer for Hackett-Fairchild to sign that deal. Take the money whilst it's on offer to you, cause there won't be a new one after that unless he's bucks his ideas up.

I thought he was half decent yesterday; much better than Ajose
  • Who was that "shit" striker we had last season that so many "experts" on here said should never play for us again?

Karlan is 4 months older than RHF, Karlan always looked like he had potential but needed a loan spell to get his confidence and he went on loan and took his chance

RHF has been on loan twice now both non league, the most recent being in September when a non League team only deemed him good enough to play 2 games, I have watched RHF a few times this season for 1st team and everytime he has been poor and nowhere near enough quality.

If this time next season Reeco has done what Grant has done and scored 9 League.goals before October, I will do any forfeit of your choice.

It wont happen as I said there are only 4 months between these 2 in age and Grant is miles better than RHF
    Paulie, don't be an idiot.

Reeco is a young player who might make it or might not.

He needs to make the step up but so far hasn't but last year Grant was being written off, now its RHF

I can't help the fact that you, and Leuth, don't get that Reeco love in is a running joke but if you start throwing around insults to make yourself hard don't get upset when you get it back.

Paulie, don't be an idiot.

Reeco is a young player who might make it or might not.

He needs to make the step up but so far hasn't but last year Grant was being written off, now its RHF

I can't help the fact that you, and Leuth, don't get that Reeco love in is a running joke but if you start throwing around insults to make yourself hard don't get upset when you get it back.
    Sorry what insult.

I said get your head out of his arse, hardly an insult is it.
  • Scoham said:

Who was that "shit" striker we had last season that so many "experts" on here said should never play for us again?

Interesting read over 1 year on:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79749/karlan-ahearne-grant-joins-crawley-on-loan-page-6/p1

First reply with 24 likes was that he’d be playing non-league within 2 years.

However there were 10 likes in another reply which included the suggestion of loaning him to League 2 to get that goal scoring feeling back.

It worked out though I guess things could have been different had he gone to wrong club/manager in League 2. His loan at Crawley couldn’t really have gone any better.
    I'm going to dig up a different old thread on KAG and politely point out my own comment on page 1:

"Karlan is 17, and even when we're saying it I find myself forgetting that. He's big for his age and has no fear in the second tier of English football, one of the most-watched football competitions around the world. He isn't shy in taking someone on (or attempting to), nor does he look scared to pass or shoot. He's pretty fearless and he could yet grow.

He might end up absolutely ridiculous physically: tall, quick, and strong. He's also a decent technician. I don't think he's at all there yet, but if he gets his first league goals, who knows?

Personally - I think he will be the business, in time."

I should become a scout! :wink:
  • I would not be surprised if Aribo is sold to Brighton, or a club in similar circumstances, in January.
  • edited December 2018
    wmcf123 said:

shirty5 said:

I thought he was half decent yesterday; much better than Ajose
    Feint praise indeed, I would have been better than Ajose yesterday and I hung my boots up nearly 28 years ago five of which were in Vets football :wink:

I've not seen enough of RHF to judge but players can develop at different rates, even those that player in the same position. It might be too early to completely write him off.
  • seth plum said:

I would not be surprised if Aribo is sold to Brighton, or a club in similar circumstances, in January.

I personally would be shocked if he went to a Premier league club, Brentford or similar would be my guess. If we sold him, not that I think we will.