Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Cricket excluding England 2018/19

Comments

• Options
    Huge disappointment as a match. It was supposed to be a batting friendly wicket too. How often do you hear the cricket term “sun strike”! After losing their openers to the Indian pace attack - both bowled - the Indian spinners took over and raced through the NZ batting lineup like a dose of salts.
  • Options
    Kohli is being rested for the next two ODIs and also the 3 x T20 games which should even it up a bit 😀
  • Options
    1st Test Aus v Sri Lanka (Day/Night) on BT Sport live now from The Gabba.
    Sri Lanka 144 All out. Aussie 30 without loss.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

1st Test Aus v Sri Lanka (Day/Night) on BT Sport live now from The Gabba.
    Sri Lanka 144 All out. Aussie 30 without loss.

Anything we should be scared of?
  • Options
    The Indian ladies repeated the dose yesterday at McLean Park, Napier. The NZ ladies we’re all out for 192 and the Indian ladies won with 17 overs and 9 wickets to spare.
  • Options
    Mandhana and Kaur are reinventing the women's game, pretty much
  • Options
    Better than Bumrah, don't you know!
  • Options
    Its an interesting stat, though my understanding is that Starc has been beset with injury problems since March. Would still rather have a fit Starc and Cummins in my team than Bumrah tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is amusing .. if long winded

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06z6x5p
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44083

India smashed by NZ in ODI, bowled out for 92 in 32 overs!
  • Options
    Today is the anniversary of the 1981 underarm incident in a Oz v NZ ODI match at the MCG. It was the third match of a 5 match series, the Black Caps having won the first game, Australia the second.

NZ needed a six off the final ball of the game to tie the game and with number 10 Brian McKechnie facing, Australian captain Greg Chappell instructed his younger brother Trevor to bowl underarm along the ground to prevent a six. The repercussions are still felt today. At the time NZ Prime Minister expressed his disgust suggesting there was a reason Australia were wearing yellow. Australian PM Malcolm Fraser didn’t think it was in the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    Trevor Chappell got more pelters than his brother for that which was unfair. Richie Benaud's introduction to that nights highlight package on C9 was classic.
  • Options
    Australia doing their best to outdo us at 15-2 at home to Sri Lanka having won the toss
  • Options
    28-3 and wicket taken by a debutante
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the heads up @Addick Addict ! (I will call tomorrow) Didn't realise this started today. That's me set for the night. Commentary on BBC Radio5LiveSportsXtra
  • Options
    This is the first Test Match ever played at The Manuka Oval in Canberra. A momentous occasion. The 118th Test match ground and Australia's second in the 2018/19 season after the new Perth ground, The Optus Stadium.
  • Options
    To celebrate the first Test at The Manuka here is a trivia question: What is the only English ground to host only ONE Test match?
  • Options
    Gonna guess Bramall Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely you don't "guess" something like that?

You either know it or you don't...

DHOTYA... well googled! :-)
  • Options
    The internet really has ruined quizzes.
  • Options
    THAT WAS A GENUINE GUESS!!! I think I might have read it a while ago. I am a bit of a cricket nerd tbf!!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty offended you think I'd look that up and then come here pretending to have guessed it tbh
  • Options
    The Leuth doth protest too much, methinks
  • Options
    There is no bigger cricket nerd than me. I knew Bramall Lane had hosted cricket and even a Test but I didn't know it was just one.
  • Options
    Yeah but you're twice my age ;)
  • Options
    No need to get personal!
  • Options
    When both my honesty and my nerdery are impugned I am faced with little choice!
  • Options
    The BBC broadcasting ABC's radio cricket commentary on 5LiveXtra has been brilliant this winter. I have BT Sport but living a pretty nocturnal lifestyle due to my profession I am in the kitchen for the 1st session of most of the Tests cooking my dinner. I enjoyed the India series and now Sri Lanka. I pause the TV for about a minute and then it gives me time to see any incidents after hearing it on the radio as DAB is well behind. I've enjoyed listening to the familiar tones of Jim Maxwell plus the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Alan Border and today good old Tuffers! However the best thing is that you get the ABC News bulletins and it is so nice to listen to the news with absolutely no mention of bloody BREXIT! :smile: