Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford | Tue 23 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Give them plenty of possession and then hit them on the break. I heard a rumour that Robinson's teams can be beaten that way.
  • Options
    Feel very strongly in my genital regions that we may give them a right twonking.

No more than that gobby, shell-suited advert for junk food deserves I'm afraid.

4-0

• Options
    edited October 2018

Feel very strongly in my genital regions that we may give them a right twonking.

4-0

Sorry to hear about your Herpes outbreak but glad to hear it points to a win 😀
  • Options
    My heart and head are in alignment here - so Charlton to win by 3 goals. The finale will be Naby coming on to replace Chris Solly for the last 5 minutes, after Chris scores his debut goal at the Valley (ignoring Gobby's past advice not to get forward) upending the fat Scouser remonstrating on the touchline, with a rather long sliding tackle.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ketts said that Grant came off at the end with a slight hamstring, hopefully nothing serious and he plays tomorrow. My usual optimistic, 4-0 if Grant plays, otherwise with Igor out it means Ajose so 2-0 if that is the case

It's a shame we haven't got someone of the quality of Joseph Dodoo to bring into the team, "someone who'll excite the fans" (Copyright Karl Robinson).
  • Options

It will be a different challenge. Barnsley came to the Valley to beat us and Oxford will come not to get beat by us. I thought defensively, Barnsley were a bit too casual, but Oxford will get bodies behind the ball.

I said on Saturday in the first half that Barnsley are playing a high back line and have come to get 3 points but it was obvious after 10 minutes that their ambition would help the pace of Grant to get beyond the CB's and Taylor to work his magic.
    We were so solid and defended well restricting them to 2 chances despite their superior possession.

Against Oxford there won't be the room behind the defence so I would revert back to Grant on the flank and Taylor in the middle, Robinson for all his faults would bite your hand off for a point and will set up with this in mind.
    Heard a rumour that he may play only one striker with Holmes playing in the hole !

I prefer that it's all about Bowyer, Jackson and our players and not about another chubby manager in the away dug out. ( Steve Evans makes Robinson look anorexic)

If we are to be a top 6 club, then we must put Oxford to the sword.

4-1 but 1-1 at HT
  • Options
    What we have to get better at is getting at least a couple and being safe against teams that put bodies behind the ball. We have the players to do this, but when we get one it is important to get another at least. Otherwise a point comes when they take a few risks, we settle for what we have and the rest is history.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Unsure whether Bielik will be available to play tomorrow night and after listening to the interview with Bows, it does make me wonder if he is considering Pratley at right centre back instead of Sarr. Pratley and Bielik are more similar than Sarr and Bielik, they both read the game well and can bring it out of defence, but we shall see how we go in terms of personnel. Otherwise, no change for the game tomorrow.

Plymouth win at home to Gillingham, Bradford pick up a point at home to Coventry. We beat Oxford and Robinson gets sacked Wednesday morning with Oxford bottom of the league, worse goal difference in the league and only 10 points from 15 games.

Charlton Athletic 3-0 Oxford United
    Taylor
    Reeves
    Grant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We know they will try to play in front of us but will rarely if ever get behind us. Robinson prefers meaningless possession.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Happy to be proven wrong but worked it out as follows for ex-Charlton Managers:

Phil Parkinson: Charlton 1-1 Bolton
    Chris Powell: Charlton 3-0 Huddersfield
    Alan Pardew: Charlton 1-1 Southampton
    Alan Curbishley: Charlton 4-0 West Ham
    Lennie Lawrence: Charlton 0-0 Middlesbrough
    Alan Mullery: Charlton 2-1 Crystal Palace
    Bob Stokoe: Charlton 1-1 Carlisle

Slade | Dowie | Bailey havent been back to the Valley in charge of another club (League games)

I can’t believe that we beat Udders 3-0 as they still remain undefeated. The longest undie feeted run ever!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I hope we don't boo Robbo - would be good if we could show a bit of quality tomorrow. He did bring in some decent players, even if his tactics were too inflexible.
  • Options

I hope we don't boo Robbo - would be good if we could show a bit of quality tomorrow. He did bring in some decent players, even if his tactics were too inflexible.

Nah.
    Boo the prick
  • Options

Better idea: the team races into a 4-0 lead inside 20 minutes, then we all laugh at Robbo for 5 minutes before a resounding chorus of Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army.
  • Options
    Oxford park the bus and win 0-1
  • Options

That's the spirit
  • Options

yeah, like Dodoo, Kaikai & Zyro when Bowyer brought in no-hopers like Cullen, Ward & Bielik.

sitting towards the tunnel in the Upper North tomorrow......looking forward to giving KR some verbals.
  • Options

yeah, like Dodoo, Kaikai & Zyro when Bowyer brought in no-hopers like Cullen, Ward & Bielik.

sitting towards the tunnel in the Upper North tomorrow......looking forward to giving KR some verbals.
    What about being the man to find Joe Aribo and Anfernee Dijksteel as he'll no doubt claim if they become full Internationals ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4-0

Grumpy addict morphs into happy valley.
  • Options

That's the spirit
    Say what I think, or would you rather I put on my rose coloured specs and say we will win 4-0, which I hope we do but we are Charlton
  • Options

That's the spirit
    Say what I think, or would you rather I put on my rose coloured specs and say we will win 4-0, which I hope we do but we are Charlton
    Say what you want mate
  • Options
    Have to be careful it's not a performance after the Lord Mayor's show. The players had to work so hard on Saturday. Don't underestimate that. Be much tighter than some expect. However one goal may win it.
  • Options
    How many did we get on our last Tuesday game?

Would be nice to give Mr Gobbinson a tonking.

8-0. Grant 2 Taylor 2 Aribo Fosu Solly Sarr
  • Options
    For those with a 4-0 score prediction, take heart. We beat them by that score in a League Cup game at home in 2013.
  • Options
    I think we should not boo or abuse Robinson. Sneering has a great way of returning itself to the sneerer. No, a big victory for charlton should be all that matters.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

For those with a 4-0 score prediction, take heart. We beat them by that score in a League Cup game at home in 2013.

Joe Pigott got his first goal (penalty) that night which also saw Jordan Cousins making his senior debut from the bench.

We then got them in the FA Cup the following season which went to replay (we won at the Kassam) with Diego Poyet making his debut if I remember rightly
  • Options

I think we should not boo or abuse Robinson. Sneering has a great way of returning itself to the sneerer. No, a big victory for charlton should be all that matters.

And then we can give him grief.