Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raheem Sterling

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

Has Sterling? Do we know he has? He gets abuse no doubt but do we know it’s purely because he is black? And is one type of abuse worse than another and who judges?

Some of the most uncomfortable abuse I’ve witnessed has been at ginger people, who seem fair game to just about anyone who isn’t ginger, have to endure negative connations and casual but often relentless brutal abuse, which if it was directed at skin colour, would send people into a frenzy.

Strawberry blonde?
    Say it loud I'm red headed and proud
    Is the abuse a player like Defoe gets at The Valley because he is black?

Absolutely. It's pure, subconscious racism. That's whether those abusing him dress it up as being because of how he left the club or not. The reality is it enables their subconscious racism to rise to the surface.

There can be no other explanation.
    Subconscious racism?
    Let's pretend such a thing exists, even though it doesn't.

Ignoring your ridiculous analogy, surely you don't actually think that?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The press have had it in for sterling for ages. He's right to finally call them out on it.

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-the-sun-and-racist-attacks

Quote: "Britain’s tabloid press do not write 20 ridiculous headlines about one man and then everybody goes about their business as if nothing has happened. Call a man a ‘footie idiot’ and some people will think he is a ‘footie idiot’. Criticise a man for spending too much and people will think he spends too much. Criticise a man for spending too little and people will think he spends too little. Repeatedly point the finger at one young black man for perfectly normal and reasonable behaviour and that black man – and others like him – becomes a target.

In December a man was jailed for walking up to Sterling and calling him a “black scouse cunt” before repeatedly kicking him in the legs. He then said: “I hope your mother and child wake up dead in the morning, you nigger.”

And if you think that kind of behaviour is entirely unrelated to the sustained media coverage about Raheem Sterling then we really do not want to be on your ‘side’, for you Sir/Madam, are an idiot, footie or otherwise."
  • Options

Addickted said:

Has Sterling? Do we know he has? He gets abuse no doubt but do we know it’s purely because he is black? And is one type of abuse worse than another and who judges?

Some of the most uncomfortable abuse I’ve witnessed has been at ginger people, who seem fair game to just about anyone who isn’t ginger, have to endure negative connations and casual but often relentless brutal abuse, which if it was directed at skin colour, would send people into a frenzy.

Strawberry blonde?

Absolutely. It's pure, subconscious racism. That's whether those abusing him dress it up as being because of how he left the club or not. The reality is it enables their subconscious racism to rise to the surface.

Subconscious racism?

Big bad world supports the idea that kids get to wave flags when Charlton enter the pitch.
    Subconsciously he is a peadophile.

Add subconscious to anything to prove an invalid point.
    It's known as Unconscious Bias

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5433

• Options

Addickted said:

Strawberry blonde?

Subconscious racism?

Big bad world supports the idea that kids get to wave flags when Charlton enter the pitch.
    Subconsciously he is a peadophile.

Add subconscious to anything to prove an invalid point.
    I think flags should be banned.

And children.

Women as well, whilst we're at it.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    In fairness, it's absolute nonsense that was spouted by Kitson on talksport so i don't blame Mings one bit.

Waffling on about how Sterling might have invited some of the abuse he gets with his “look at me” attitude. That is surely exactly the point of Instagram.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6481297/Chelsea-fan-accused-racially-abusing-Sterling-says-called-MANC-c-not-black-one.html

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

If you came from South East London do you even use the term "Manc"?

I've only heard it from people from the north. He might have called Stirling a "Manc C***", I don't know but sorry, that just doesn't ring true to me.

Also later on the black man near him in the crown, who many were using as a defence ("why wasn't he offended = can't have happened") says he didn't hear anything.

And Stirling comes from West London anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Id use Manc just as I use Scouse. It’s a used term by people from down this way as well. He definitely didn’t say that tho.

fair enough, maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    just out of interest why is this chaps home and family detailed in a paper yet other racist scum like anjej choudary protected?, nonces aswell for that matter.

as what about vigilante attacks etc, detailing his kids and wifes names are also a bit ott imo.
  • Options
    regarding manc and black - they are completely different and if you cannot tell the difference hand your brain back because you clearly do not use/need it
  • Options
    I bet he was one of those Chelsea bastards that set fire to The Valley in 1975/6ish.
  • Options

just out of interest why is this chaps home and family detailed in a paper yet other racist scum like anjej choudary protected?, nonces aswell for that matter.

as what about vigilante attacks etc, detailing his kids and wifes names are also a bit ott imo.

I agree, that seemed well over the top but this is the Daily Mail we're talking about.
  • Options

I bet he was one of those Chelsea bastards that set fire to The Valley in 1975/6ish.

Whatever you do, don't mention Maidstone away in the FA Cup.

• Options
    Bringing the blo

I agree, that seemed well over the top but this is the Daily Mail we're talking about.
    the name of the guy - fair cop but a photo of his house, and wife and kids 1st and last names - way out of line, imagine if his kids go to school with any ethnic minority kids - could be v dangerous

and strictly speaking he hasn't actually been charged with anything yet - he is currently accused.
    Agree completely. His innocent family are not fair game.
  • Options

Bringing the blo

the name of the guy - fair cop but a photo of his house, and wife and kids 1st and last names - way out of line, imagine if his kids go to school with any ethnic minority kids - could be v dangerous

and strictly speaking he hasn't actually been charged with anything yet - he is currently accused.
    Agree completely. His innocent family are not fair game.
    could maybe understand if his kids were standing next to him but they wasn't, so the mail can fuck off, this is a short while after they were putting drones over the houses of some sick fucks that made a effigy of grenfell, each to there own but who really wants to see the garden - they would like the people appropriately punished.
  • Options

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6481297/Chelsea-fan-accused-racially-abusing-Sterling-says-called-MANC-c-not-black-one.html

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

I've only heard it from people from the north. He might have called Stirling a "Manc C***", I don't know but sorry, that just doesn't ring true to me.

Also later on the black man near him in the crown, who many were using as a defence ("why wasn't he offended = can't have happened") says he didn't hear anything.

I think both could be public order offences. Racism and/or sexism parcelled up and used as an insult.

I have never understood why adults believe it's ok to act like this at football. Anywhere else they'd be nicked if the police saw it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think you're allowed to say Chelsea bastards nowadays.
  • Options

Which is why the Mail can print all the details. If he had been charged it wouldn't be legal.
  • Options

Which is why the Mail can print all the details. If he had been charged it wouldn't be legal.
    It's also their way to try to make up for the bile they've published about black footballers. Pathetic really.
  • Options
    Racism is not acceptable as is persecution of individuals.
    Sterling is a player that ( maybe because of press coverage) is not particularly popular.
    I hope in these politically correct times it is not now becoming such that you cannot dislike somebody.
  • Options

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

And Stirling comes from West London Kingston, Jamaica anyway.

EFA
  • Options
    iainment said:

It's also their way to try to make up for the bile they've published about black footballers. Pathetic really.
    yeah it smacks of evening things out in there opinion
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    iainment said:

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

I think both could be public order offences. Racism and/or sexism parcelled up and used as an insult.

I have never understood why adults believe it's ok to act like this at football. Anywhere else they'd be nicked if the police saw it.
    in the 'good old days' after a hard week at work and having put up with the missus and the kids all week nights, the football match was about the only place a 'working man' could let off steam and have a right good swearing and cursing session to clear his mind and lungs ..
    now in PC land where middle class mores rule, there is nowhere left for the 'common man' to have a right good f and blind .. I learnt more about abuse and terrible language down the valley in the 1960s than anywhere else before or since (following CAFC has always been more than enough to make a saint swear) ((:>)
  • Options

iainment said:

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

in the 'good old days' after a hard week at work and having put up with the missus and the kids all week nights, the football match was about the only place a 'working man' could let off steam and have a right good swearing and cursing session to clear his mind and lungs ..
    now in PC land where middle class mores rule, there is nowhere left for the 'common man' to have a right good f and blind .. I learnt more about abuse and terrible language down the valley in the 1960s than anywhere else before or since (following CAFC has always been more than enough to make a saint swear) ((:>)
    So its ok to be racist as long as you're only doing it to 'let off some steam'? Hope i've got the wrong end of the stick here.
  • Options

iainment said:

Chelsea fan in Beckenham

Now, tell me.

So its ok to be racist as long as you're only doing it to 'let off some steam'? Hope i've got the wrong end of the stick here.
    yes .. you have the wrong end of the stick