Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hands up. Who's got a cleaner?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Never had one. However just had a flyer put through the door from a Medway based firm Maid2clean, quoting prices from £10.95ph. Romanian cleaners £80ph.

OK I made the last bit up.
  • Options

Never, lazy and embarrassing people can't clean up after themselves. Just more shite jobs people have to do to make a living while someone else sips latte and whines about shite.

Don't see it as lazy, for me it's probably different priorities. The chickens definiately can't clean their own coops and after a day of doing that I'm knackered.

Is it a shite job? I worked as a cleaner when I was a student and enjoyed it. One of those jobs that you can see what you've done and get a sense of satisfaction. My cleaners are a small local firm who are building up their business. The owner cleans, her Mum cleans, as do 10 other local folk. Good for them I say.
  • Options

Never, lazy and embarrassing people can't clean up after themselves. Just more shite jobs people have to do to make a living while someone else sips latte and whines about shite.

Don't see it as lazy, for me it's probably different priorities. The chickens definiately can't clean their own coops and after a day of doing that I'm knackered.

Is it a shite job? I worked as a cleaner when I was a student and enjoyed it. One of those jobs that you can see what you've done and get a sense of satisfaction. My cleaners are a small local firm who are building up their business. The owner cleans, her Mum cleans, as do 10 other local folk. Good for them I say.
    If you give people work, they do a good job and you can afford it then surely everyone is happy!

• Options
    Figured I'd dig up an old thread for this...

Would anyone be able to recommend a cleaner around the Charlton/Blackheath area?
  • Options
    It must be nice to have a job (or not) where you work few enough hours to be able to keep on top of cleaning a house, while still earning enough money and maintaining a decent balance/quality of life. I don’t.
  • Options
    Sometimes….but I do have a permanent gardener.
  • Options
    We did have, but Mrs GA make me clean up before she arrived. So pointless, we binned her off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely everyone has servants these days?
  • Options
    Surely everyone has servants these days?

I prefer to call them Personal Assistants ;-)
  • Options
    Yes. We get 50% back in tax credits in France so it's a no brainer really. She does the floors for 2 hours a week and I do the rest.
  • Options
    Figured I'd dig up an old thread for this...

Would anyone be able to recommend a cleaner around the Charlton/Blackheath area?
    Bit harsh, it’s not that bad.
  • Options
    It’s the only way to get my teenagers to tidy their fcuking bedrooms before the cleaner comes in once a week. If my cleaner ever saw my daughter’s room before the Wednesday night blitz, she would probably cower away. Bear Grylls could have a field day in there. My lad is actually tidier and exploits the opportunity to give my girl a bit of grief 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyhow, cleaner good, except when she knocks my tv sound bar cable out. 
  • Options
    Who's got hands up a cleaner?

Disgusting!
  • Options
    Must put my hand up to this, I just can't get into 'house work ' and don't expect my wife to do it all, it works out at roughly £15 an hour but that includes her husband cutting the grass once a fortnight. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Elfie does a few hours once a month, mostly does dusting, for which I’m most grateful but I do have to keep a close eye on the number of hours he spends here, he has a habit of rounding off the time to the the top of the final hour in his favour!
    Still….£5.25 an hour ain’t bad, though it did take quite a bit of prolonged and drawn out negotiations to come to an amicable figure, especially as he has to bring his own equipment and chemicals in a taxi. 😌
  • Options
    Ive got a cleaner, hes called Henry,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a cleaner or a company to use around the Lewisham area? We're moving soon and our regular one won't cover the area we're moving to.
  • Options
    Never had a cleaner.
    Not even when we both worked full time & I was carer for our Dad.
    Now I keep our house clean, our holiday rental & the goats/chickens/dogs/cats houses clean.
    Don’t trust anyone to do it to my exacting standards tbh.
  • Options
    With the economy about to tank bills and going through the roof, I might have to change the title to 'who needs a cleaner'?
  • Options
    The Irish Catholic branch of my family would very often say ‘cleanliness is next to Godliness’.
  • Options
    Yup, for 20 years, and she worked for my wife for four years before we met. 
    Paid holidays, bonus at Christmas, and was paid during the lockdown period. 
    Remain, surprise, surprise.