Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hands up. Who's got a cleaner?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018

We got a lot burning stove. The most overrated form of heating on the planet. Time you f**ked about getting the wood in and stacked, you're too hot to have the stove on

we've got one, I bloody love it.....just booked the annual chimney sweep
    Love it when it's going and we're sitting there with the dogs, but it's all the castle that goes with it for me. We bug in about 6 meter of wood, but the rest I cut, chop and dry out and it is just a big pain in the arse tbh
  • Options

yes we do.

An interesting question would be how much an hour do people pay for their cleaners?

I have a young lady who visits me for three hours a day, three times a week, to clean and cook. I pay her the equivalent of eleven quid each visit which includes her transport. She is 30 and hot. I like having her around so I pay more than the locals pay their cleaners.

I live in the Dominican Republic. Labor is dirt cheap here. The shoemaker did extensive repairs to three pairs of shoes yesterday for ten quid. Locally grown produce is cheap and excellent quality. But everything imported is expensive.

Watching my local professional soccer team costs under two quid. Standard is about Kent League.
  • Options
    Full time one here in the condo in BKK. About 500 quid a month and she cleans and cooks Monday to Saturday. At the house in Rayong we've got the gardner once a week at 3 quid for an hour and the housekeeper for 4 quid an hour twice a week just to keep the place looking lived in as we don't go there so often anymore. Might as well. Good wage for some folks here and we always help out with start of term school fees for their kids etc
  • Options

Full time one here in the condo in BKK. About 500 quid a month and she cleans and cooks Monday to Saturday. At the house in Rayong we've got the gardner once a week at 3 quid for an hour and the housekeeper for 4 quid an hour twice a week just to keep the place looking lived in as we don't go there so often anymore. Might as well. Good wage for some folks here and we always help out with start of term school fees for their kids etc

Sounds like slavery
  • Options
    Nope. It's ridiculous.

Why pay someone £20 a week or whatever to do what you can do for free.
  • Options
    I heard the Saudi embassy in Turkey hired a cleaner last week.
  • Options
    Think I’m doing well as pay a tenna ph for a weekly clean. She does my dads too in chislehurst but he pays a bit more as his is fortnightly.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Be interesting to know of those that have how many voted REMAIN.

I voted LEAVE and don't have a cleaner.

*Awaits incoming*

What relevance does voting have to this debate?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nope. It's ridiculous.

Do you go to car washes?
    Do you eat out?
    Ever get a cab?
    Loads of reasons why :smile:

My personal reason is semi lazy but also my skin irritates easy so combination i will do a quick clean but get my sister in every so often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like to have a cleaner, but choose to spend my money on beer instead.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nope. It's ridiculous.

If it's a choice, rather than a necessity through infirmity, it's entirely down to what price you are prepared to pay for acquiring an hour's leisure time.
  • Options
    I am afraid Mr @thai malaysia addick cannot answer this post at the moment. Neither his gardeners nor his cleaning team members are authorised to post on here. As his PR consultant, you will be kept informed in due course.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Nope. It's ridiculous.

Do you go to car washes?
    Do you eat out?
    Ever get a cab?
    Loads of reasons why :smile:

My personal reason is semi lazy but also my skin irritates easy so combination i will do a quick clean but get my sister in every so often.
    Clean my own car, motorbike and pushbike.
    Meals out are a rare treat.
    Only get a cab if I'm drinking.

Fair enough on the skin issue.

Still think it's ridiculous how many people i know seem to have cleaners, Sky, Massive TV's, flash cars, all the streaming services, exotic fish tanks, games consoles etc and appear to have a higher living cost than I, yet are on lesser salaries than I am and I certainly couldn't afford a cleaner...

But then I am paying my Mortgage, Council Tax, Energy and water, car tax and insurances and food bills for my entire family as my other half is finding it difficult to get back into work!

Maybe it's 50/50 responsibility Vs jealousy
  • Options
    Haven't got a cleaner. If my other half got a job that paid better, I think we'd consider it, though I'd be annoyed because the kids don't help out at all in this area.
    TBH I feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea - if I (we) have made the mess we should take responsibility for it and clean it up.
  • Options

Had a great cleaner for a while who basically just used bi-carbonate of soda and the place was glistening every time. She was Romanian, had a degree, was waaay smarter than me (not saying much) and I was paying her about £13ph to clean my flat whilst I titted about 'working from home' - felt a bit wrong! Anyway, then she moved to France (she spoke about 6 languages fluently or something) and the few cleaners I've had since weren't as good so have stopped doing it.

Miss having one though. In those small bits of free time you have - the last thing you want to be doing is scrubbing your housemate's shit off the bottom of the toilet seat etc... taking recommendations for the Charlton area!

(Lefty, nauseating, Europhile remoaner)

Your housemate shits on the bottom of the toilet seat?
  • Options

We got a lot burning stove. The most overrated form of heating on the planet. Time you f**ked about getting the wood in and stacked, you're too hot to have the stove on

Firewood keeps you warm 3 ways: gathering it, chopping it and burning it ☺
  • Options

Firewood keeps you warm 3 ways: gathering it, chopping it and burning it ☺
    And sweeping the stove out
  • Options
    Yes, we have a cleaner. 12 Euros per hour. I was not allowed to vote.
  • Options
    I'd like a reliable cleaner....any recommendations in the BR1 area?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do, and they are very good. It's not so much the cost but my wife commented that we are saving a shed load of money on cleaning materials now that they do it.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

We have one, worthwhile in my opinion

Yes a lot of glass to clean on crystal palaces :wink:
  • Options
    We have a cleaner. Made sense with both my wife and I working an average of 60 hours/week. Although I retired 18 months ago, we agreed I wasn't going to replace the cleaner, although I do admit I run around a bit clearing things away before she comes! She gets £13.50/hour for 4 hours.
  • Options
    Before we sold our business and down sized our house we had a cleaner, a gardener and a lady that helped with the ironing. When you are working hard and doing long hours it all helps and free's up time to spend together doing other things.

Oh yes we had a log burner as well :smile:
  • Options

Had a great cleaner for a while who basically just used bi-carbonate of soda and the place was glistening every time. She was Romanian, had a degree, was waaay smarter than me (not saying much) and I was paying her about £13ph to clean my flat whilst I titted about 'working from home' - felt a bit wrong! Anyway, then she moved to France (she spoke about 6 languages fluently or something) and the few cleaners I've had since weren't as good so have stopped doing it.

Miss having one though. In those small bits of free time you have - the last thing you want to be doing is scrubbing your housemate's shit off the bottom of the toilet seat etc... taking recommendations for the Charlton area!

(Lefty, nauseating, Europhile remoaner)

Your housemate shits on the bottom of the toilet seat?
    Broke his jaw a couple of weeks ago playing rugby (silly game) so is on a liquid diet... so, unfortunately, yes.
  • Options
    Carter said:

When I had a housemate he drove me up the wall with his questionable cleanliness standards. We started off on a week on week off basis for general cleaning which had to include a proper clean of the bathroom and kitchen. He was just incapable of doing this and half the time the bathroom looked worse than before he'd attempted to clean it. Shit down the pan was also a bone of contention for both of us.

So after a few months of him driving me mad I suggested if he didn't want to do it or was unwilling to up his game we should get a cleaner. So we did, she cost 60 quid a week and would come round every weekday and the place was immaculate.

Problem was she was a smoking hot Romanian girl and my penis ended up inside her on a few occasions which made her feel awkward and also made me realise the novelty of shagging a fit Romanian bird wore off when she was round my house every day regardless and choosing penis over the cleaning on many occasions yet still holding her hand out for her dough, which then becomes a whole other type of employment and one that I thought was best veered away from. So sadly that stopped and I eventually beat some decent housekeeping standards into my housemate

I do 90% of the cleaning indoors now, my wife leaves too much stuff just lying around so I'm always putting things away and staying on top of stuff, her way is more 'let it build up through the week and waste your weekend doing housework that could have been done during the working week little and often'

I don't find cleaning therapeutic but if it has to be done it has to be done to very high exacting standards which I'm not sure I could afford

@Dazzler21 likes cleaning, maybe get him round, just dont stick your pe........well you know.......!
  • Options
    Yes. Wife and I work full-time and there's no way we could get round whole of Uboat Towers at the weekend.