Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Coventry - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Still early and dark in Walnut Creek, California. Forecast to be 77 degrees (25) and sunny today.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sage said:

Mark Marshall might as well leave in January. With not being in the squad today when we have injuries and a suspension, when is he ever going to play? I was expecting him to be on bench in place of Morgan. Which is surprising as he can cover right back and play either wing if we needed to change it up.

Didn’t feature in the play-offs last season and hardly this season. I get the impression that Bowyer doesn’t trust him for whichever reason.

With Clarke, Page, Pratley and Bauer to come back when fit and available, where will he ever fit?

4-4-2 diamond, will be good to see how we move the ball in this weather.

personally after the recent defensive displays and lack of cover at the full back position I felt he might be worth a go at least as cover for the full backs. he was/is a shocking attacking winger but defensively he hasn't been too bad.
  • Options
    Dujon Sterling will be worth keeping an eye on today.

Have read he's another Chelsea product who shows good potential to be loaned out for the rest of his career
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Just checked its still dry but chilly in Copenhagen. Looking forward to see those in Reds shirts put the slip up in midweek behind them. COYR

You in Copenhagen @T_C_E ? Permanent or just visiting?
  • Options
    Clear blue skies, hot and sunny (yes, and steamy too!) in Playa de Las Americas, Tenerife.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Just checked its still dry but chilly in Copenhagen. Looking forward to see those in Reds shirts put the slip up in midweek behind them. COYR

You in Copenhagen @T_C_E ? Permanent or just visiting?
    I'm back now IpVanish. ;)

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Good skill (for League One) but not much stopping power in that midfield. Have to hope we blow them away with our attack.

Turned cool (low 80s F) here in the Dominican Republic after weeks of high 90s. And lots of rain. Wearing two T-shirts this morning, but then I am getting over a cold. Earth tremor woke me last night. We are overdue for a big one.
  • Options
    Hope midfield give the back four a bit more protection today although apart from Cullen the other three are more attack minded so will be interesting to see how that pans out.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Mark Marshall might as well leave in January. With not being in the squad today when we have injuries and a suspension, when is he ever going to play? I was expecting him to be on bench in place of Morgan. Which is surprising as he can cover right back and play either wing if we needed to change it up.

Didn’t feature in the play-offs last season and hardly this season. I get the impression that Bowyer doesn’t trust him for whichever reason.

With Clarke, Page, Pratley and Bauer to come back when fit and available, where will he ever fit?

I do see your logic in picking Marshall today but perhaps he could have considered actually playing well in a few of the numerous games he played last season and earlier this season. One good game vs Blackburn where he mainly stood out for tracking back well is not enough reason for the manager to trust him. Trust has to be earnt after all.

Same with Phillips. He had his chance and cost us goals in a couple of games. He wasn’t dropped straight after the first poor game he had but lost his spot after the second. I’m not convinced by Steer at all, but I’d say he’s on his second chance too now. If he plays today like he did on Tuesday I’ll expect him to be dropped, time will tell if it happens I guess. Worth remembering Steer has not played many games behind our best defence, which Phillips did get the luxury of.

No one should be entitled to any favouritism though just because they’re young/experienced/on loan/an academy graduate etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the big one.
  • Options
    Hot and sunny here in Portugal. Haven’t seen Fosu since he returned, but don’t we concede more when he plays?
  • Options
    Empty stadium. Glad to see Steer has retained his place - nice of Bowyer to keep faith in his loan keeper. I hope Dillon has got the message that It's important to keep faith with your keeper.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    19C here in SW France. Wind picking up 50kph and rain expected. Looking forward to following the game on CL. Hoping for a recovery after Tuesday and 3 points.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    No ross1 today for updates, who's on the subs bench? For the match thread that is.
  • Options
    So many 1 game wonders in the north upper today
  • Options
    Hello all, 24 degrees and sunny in central France. COYAs
  • Options
    The people on the pitch at the start, are they potential buyers or is that a fan scheme?
  • Options

The people on the pitch at the start, are they potential buyers or is that a fan scheme?

Match sponsors usually.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No ross1 today for updates, who's on the subs bench? For the match thread that is.

Any budding John Motsons out there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't care how short-staffed we are, playing Solly at left back is bonkers. It's never worked.
  • Options
    Corner Coventry, shot follows misses right.
  • Options
    23C and sunny in Lille. COYA
  • Options
    Spanners one down
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Spanners 0 Villa 1
  • Options
    26.3 C in Honkers and humid.
  • Options

Attempt saved. Karlan Grant (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from very close range is saved in the centre of the goal.
  • Options
    FFS Fosu!
  • Options
    Attempt blocked. Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
  • Options
    Full house at The Valley today ...

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!