Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Why doesnt Sarr or Aribo cover the runner for their first goal?

Seems they both switch off for something that could have been damned easy to avoid
  • Draw was definitely the fair result, felt like they were better for about half hour of the first half and then second half we came out strong and conceded two soft goals. Sollys late equaliser was deserved. Luton played some good football at times and have some good players. They will be up there towards the end.

I didn't record the first half because I forgot to but I did record the second half if anyone would be intersted. I'm just not sure where to upload it, assuming if I upload it on YouTube they will take it down?

Really? We controlled the game for 70/75 mins. Then they hit us on the break and followed it up with a quick second.
    We thoroughly deserved the equaliser after hitting the bar twice.
    Yeah, which is why I said the draw was a fair result. They had good spells in the first half especially towards the end, then we came out strong second half but conceded two, got our reward for going for it at the end. Two decent sides, not much in it, both had good chances so I think it was a 50/50 game and the draw was about right
  • That's a belter from Solly
  • edited September 2018

Just got home from a great day out.
    I can't believe some on here are saying we were lucky or that a draw was a fair result.
    We absolutely dominated them for about 25 minutes in the second half and should have been winning comfortably.
    But as I said to my mate's all the while it remains 1.0 it can all go wrong.
    When Luton equalised I thought it was totally against the run of play and when they took the lead I just thought bollox.
    But the last five minutes of the game we hit the crossbar twice and had one cleared of the line.
    And then along came super Solly to equalise.
    The Charlton supporters who I thought had been great throughout went mental and justice had been done.
    Bowyer now has options from the bench and it was lovely to see Fosu and Vetokele back playing.
    Lastly Luton is a soulless shithole and their supporters are tossers.

Glad we we went to the same game.
    I'm not sure what match was broadcast on i player.
  • Why doesnt Sarr or Aribo cover the runner for their first goal?

Seems they both switch off for something that could have been damned easy to avoid

Sarr was too slow. It was his ball and should have been a simple clearance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got home from a great day out.
    I can't believe some on here are saying we were lucky or that a draw was a fair result.
    We absolutely dominated them for about 25 minutes in the second half and should have been winning comfortably.
    When Luton equalised I thought it was totally against the run of play and when they took the lead I just thought bollox.
    But the last five minutes of the game we hit the crossbar twice and had one cleared of the line.
    The Charlton supporters who I thought had been great throughout went mental and justice had been done.
    Bowyer now has options from the bench and it was lovely to see Fosu and Vetokele back playing.

TBH, the Town commentator that I listened to gave the impression that they had far more possession than we did and it DID sound as though they attacked us as every opportunity , albeit with little end result.

The names of Lee, Mpanzu & Shinnie were hardly ever off his tongue whilst there were times when I wondered if Igor or Reeves for instance were still on the pitch.

Of course, I could hear that we had our moments but, especially in the first half, it sounded as though we were sitting back a little and then trying to catch them on the break, especially after we scored from the pen.

This may be a totally inaccurate perception but I can only speak from what I heard.

Now, had I been able to access ifollow's visual coverage, it could have been a different story....

Agreed. On the last bit, I love the quirkyness of their ground.

Unhappy from bromley

TBH, the Town commentator that I listened to gave the impression that they had far more possession than we did and it DID sound as though they attacked us as every opportunity , albeit with little end result.

The names of Lee, Mpanzu & Shinnie were hardly ever off his tongue whilst there were times when I wondered if Igor or Reeves for instance were still on the pitch.

Of course, I could hear that we had our moments but, especially in the first half, it sounded as though we were sitting back a little and then trying to catch them on the break, especially after we scored from the pen.

This may be a totally inaccurate perception but I can only speak from what I heard.

Now, had I been able to access ifollow's visual coverage, it could have been a different story....
    I'd say it was inaccurate. It was far more entertaining than Accrington A, but not dissimilar.

We led both games for a long time and I thought we were comfortable in both and were going to win both.

Then there was a goal from nowhere.
    I think the Luton fans were more surprised than us and they hardly sang at all until they scored.

It would have been a mugging if we'd lost. But we showed we were the better team by hitting the bar twice and then equalised in stoppage time.
  • Dazzler21 said:

redman said:

Still on way back from game. Being an old got my IT skills don't let me copy and paste a whole team. However I can't believe some of the marks given so far. How anybody can give Sarr the same or anywhere near the same as Pearce baffles me. One is as good as anybody in this division whilst the other makes regular mistakes. His positional play is poor and marking variable!

Could be that you're just wrong. Pearce regularly makes mistakes too unless you mean the other way around.

Sarr is not our best player but gets some shit that Pearce or Bauer would be let off for. It's beyond a joke.
    This. Said it many times but I feel that he and Bauer read danger further up the pitch and deal with it better than Pearce, and as such a lot of what they do goes unnoticed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018

Draw was definitely the fair result, felt like they were better for about half hour of the first half and then second half we came out strong and conceded two soft goals. Sollys late equaliser was deserved. Luton played some good football at times and have some good players. They will be up there towards the end.

I didn't record the first half because I forgot to but I did record the second half if anyone would be intersted. I'm just not sure where to upload it, assuming if I upload it on YouTube they will take it down?

Really? We controlled the game for 70/75 mins. Then they hit us on the break and followed it up with a quick second.
    Yeah, which is why I said the draw was a fair result. They had good spells in the first half especially towards the end, then we came out strong second half but conceded two, got our reward for going for it at the end. Two decent sides, not much in it, both had good chances so I think it was a 50/50 game and the draw was about right
    Yeah I feel similarly. They started strongly and had one cleared off the line early. Penalty woke us up but felt against the run of play. Both sides had dominant spells in the second half. But their opener they forced a good save from Steer then hit the bar when their eventual goalscorer (whose name escapes me) was played through.

I said it felt like a point gained because we scored with what was just about the last kick of the game. After hitting the bar twice and Sarr having one cleared off the line, it felt no more than we deserved. Before we looked completely bereft of ideas after their second and I couldn't see us equalizing until we turned it on in stoppage time. And really any time you score that late in a game it's going to feel a bit like you nicked one.
  • SDAddick said:

Why doesnt Sarr or Aribo cover the runner for their first goal?

I think they get a shout from Steer. Given how both stop that's how I interpreted it.
    Could well be actually...

Also worried it could have been his nice attitude that Bowyer commented on at the start of the season - Maybe another Defender at this level would have stepped across his path taking the man and so giving a free kick.

Certainly like to try and give Sarr the benefit of the doubt on most occasions though as think his passing is excellent and errors are no different to most in the squad
  • SDAddick said:

I think they get a shout from Steer. Given how both stop that's how I interpreted it.

Also worried it could have been his nice attitude that Bowyer commented on at the start of the season - Maybe another Defender at this level would have stepped across his path taking the man and so giving a free kick.

Certainly like to try and give Sarr the benefit of the doubt on most occasions though as think his passing is excellent and errors are no different to most in the squad
    Agree, I'm a big fan of his but think he still could have shielded his man. It's a tough one because you don't want to give away a needless free kick and you want to give your keeper the room to come and clear in a precarious space like that, but I still think even if he gets the shout he loses where his man is and he should do better.

One of your best ever posts Stevie
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Agree, I'm a big fan of his but think he still could have shielded his man. It's a tough one because you don't want to give away a needless free kick and you want to give your keeper the room to come and clear in a precarious space like that, but I still think even if he gets the shout he loses where his man is and he should do better.
    Steer is definitely one that worries me and is why I asked the question about Dillon early in this thread - Would be harsh to lay the blame at his door for the Plymouth goal last week yet in the same vein why is he racing out of his goal like that when we've still Sarr who could have dealt with it.

Fair enough try to close the angle yet felt he went one further by trying to get to the ball too.

(Note not desperate to pin the blame for the first goal just think from constant viewing that I was a tad to hasty to lay the blame purely at the feet of Sarr and Aribo)

One of your best ever posts Stevie
    You should see me on the Brexit thread.

Or maybe not.
  • SDAddick said:

Draw was definitely the fair result, felt like they were better for about half hour of the first half and then second half we came out strong and conceded two soft goals. Sollys late equaliser was deserved. Luton played some good football at times and have some good players. They will be up there towards the end.

Yeah I feel similarly. They started strongly and had one cleared off the line early. Penalty woke us up but felt against the run of play. Both sides had dominant spells in the second half. But their opener they forced a good save from Steer then hit the bar when their eventual goalscorer (whose name escapes me) was played through.

I said it felt like a point gained because we scored with what was just about the last kick of the game. After hitting the bar twice and Sarr having one cleared off the line, it felt no more than we deserved. Before we looked completely bereft of ideas after their second and I couldn't see us equalizing until we turned it on in stoppage time. And really any time you score that late in a game it's going to feel a bit like you nicked one.
    In terms of being bereft of ideas... I know Fosu is rusty and was only his first start of the season but do you think from last week that we missed Jamie Ward more than we'd realise?
  • Don't score enough goals have a day off.
    Last 5 games 3 away 11 goals scored