Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton v Charlton | Sat 29 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    away win to keep the winning run alive

Luton Town 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Nathan Jones' view on tomorrow

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/956339991?-11197:833

The article says the game is SOLD OUT.
  • Options

One of Robert Lee's sons scores from a Lua Lua cross but it's not enough as we run out 2 - 1 winners Aribo and Grant

Oliver Lee left in the summer to join Hearts I think but Elliott Lee still at Luton though
  • Options
    Addicks 2-0 win
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton (A result which will make the other teams take notice of us).

It won’t be easy playing our passing style on their narrow pitch. We will have to dig in and have to earn the right to play our game plan. Therefore, if Pratley is fit I would probably bring him back in for Ward. However, brilliant the attacking performance was last week, I thought we were too easy to play through.

Will be great having Fosu back in the squad, and hopefully he is ready to go. He looked back to best during that small cameo against Southend.
  • Options
    Very encouraged by last week's performance but think having Cullen, Reeves and Ward in midfield is too much style and not enough grit at this level when on the road. Leaves all the dirty work to super Joe Aribo.

Luton won't be all obliging and polite like Plymouth and will chase down everything.

Toughen up in midfield and we could sneak a win but a draw more likely.

1-1

• Options
    Not seen us win there on 3 occasions. They've not lost at home & we are due a defeat.

And I see the ref is Mr Coggins the scrapheap bloke who owned that car that can now fly.....

2-1 defeat.
  • Options
    Taylor always looks like he is going to score. We need to get the first goal and take it from there.
    (bring Jacko on :))
  • Options

Not seen us win there on 3 occasions. They've not lost at home & we are due a defeat.

2-1 defeat.

By that logic, if they've not lost at home, maybe they too are due a defeat?

Vintage, Golfie ...... back to your best! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan Jones is absolutely no mug. Whatever he has will be well deployed, we'd better hope we have better, and are deployed just as well. Tight ground, enthusiastic home support, front foot approach, we need to be absolutely on our game or we will lose.
    Tough fixture and a clean sheet would be very nice indeed.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Luton brought Sunderland away from their champions league aspirations after beating us so this will be tough. Always remember some horrible trips here in the 80/90s and this could be one too. Our defence troubles me without Bauer, 2-0 to Luton.
  • Options
    Cant see past a 0-5 thrashing by the mad Hatters.
  • Options
    As ever when we are away I'll take a point now.
  • Options
    B@llocks to the point i want 3 no one's better than us in this league win tomorrow and we've made a big statement
  • Options
    Len was spot on for me and I’ll take a point , 1-1.
  • Options
    Who them?

We win.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    As long as we don't get stuffed like we did in 1977. Scarred me for life as explained in the preview I've written for the Trust.

https://castrust.org/2018/09/luton-41-years-of-hurt/
  • Options
    I see Kazenga Lua Lua might play for them, he's caused us lots of problems before for Brighton
  • Options
    Luton are a good team. And at home. I'll be happy with a draw. I'd be delighted with a win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For an away game I can see Pratley coming back in to start. Wouldn’t be my choice or preference after the performances of the team of late, but it is something I can see happening.

Either way, we continue our run as we go marching on, Taylor and Fosu with the winner coming off from bench.

Luton Town 1-2 Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    Actually feel excited by that Charlton match day squad for the first time in years. Bloody love Bowyer and Jacko and what they’re doing.
    COYRs!!!!!!
  • Options

As long as we don't get stuffed like we did in 1977. Scarred me for life as explained in the preview I've written for the Trust.

https://castrust.org/2018/09/luton-41-years-of-hurt/

good report that. I was a fellow sufferer that day. I also missed Flanagan's goal; just heard the cheer as i was walking back to the station. I was also at Wrexham when they stuck 6 passed us. Happy days
  • Options
    Luton.
    Luton Town.
    Luton fucking town.
    Luton cunting nobody.
    Luton sell them Paul Walsh and Paul Elliot for peanuts when we knew they were destined for greatness and should have gone to proper clubs for proper money.
    David who the fuck are you kerb crawling twat.
    Get out of this league and stay there with your a-hole of a town :smile:

O-6 I hope
  • Options
    2-0. Charlton caught Luton at Kenilworth
  • Options
    can someone bump the i follow thread please?
  • Options
    A tough game today and a test that well tell us a lot about Bowyer's team. We can see there is a decent chance we will be top six, but can we wish for more?
  • Options
    Cafc have had some bad defeats at Luton.
    I've been to Luton 4 times which all ended in defeat, including the infamous 7-1.
    The good news for Charlton fans is I'm not going today but 5 wins on the spin is not realistic so would take a draw.
    Desmond 2-2.
  • Options
    A day when it all starts to come together nicely...an emphatic win for the travelling Addicks