Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2019

Comments

• Options

Booked on a two week Med Cruise from 18th May. Really looking forward to it already. Barcelona, Rome, Cartegna, Villefrance, Cadiz and The Rock. Going with friends, going to have a great time.

While in Barcelona, get on the Hop on, hop off bus, with earphone commentary, very good. Enjoyed Villefrance and got a bus to Nice, short journey.
  • Options
    Krakow for a stag in March.

Sunny/beach holiday June/July. Not sure where yet.

Hopefully New York Xmas time.
  • Options

Red_James said:

Has anyone been to Tallinn, Looking at booking it for my brothers stag do for May?

Went there for Estonia away with England a few years back. Was sandwiched in between a night in Riga and Helsinki) so memory is sketchy and I was hanging that day, but from memory it was decent, very medieval old town, cheap, amazing women. Personally perfered Riga but you can’t go wrong in that region of Europe.
    If you’re into Depeche Mode, check out the workd’s only themed DP Bar there. Worth a quick beer.
  • Options

Anyone booking to fly abroad after 29th March needs their head examining.

I know. I booked my hotel and flights to Zante back in July for June 2019 and never gave Brexit a second thought. I'm now worried about what will happen if a no deal Brexit happens. The media claim there could be no fly zones across Europe! Not sure how much truth is in that though.
    Duncan, rest assured that there will be no interruption, either now or in the future. Look forward to Zante, and go to the lovely beach with the shipwreck on it!
    Thanks for posting that info. We are certainly looking forward to Zante. It will be our third visit and we have yet to visit the shipwreck, We intended to back in June but the weather scuppered all our planned trips. Fingers crossed the weather is better next June and we will definitely be visiting it.

• Options
    Just booked to go to Tobago for 10 days from 30 April.

Grateful for any tips from ppl that have been there. TIA
  • Options
    In Australia at the moment then we are off to Hong Kong on Sunday.
  • Options
    Finally looking to go to Cyprus, what are the main 2 or 3 sites? Currently looking at the Olympic Bay Hotel
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Just booked to go to Tobago for 10 days from 30 April. Grateful for any tips from ppl that have been there. TIA
    Pete , Tobago is beautiful , but very basic, do the catamaran trip, the one we went on was Picante, do Pigeon Point for a day, if you can do it on a day a cruise isn’t in all the better, it is a very laid back country, I loved it but my wife found it too quiet.

• Options
    PeterGage said:
    Just booked to go to Tobago for 10 days from 30 April. Grateful for any tips from ppl that have been there. TIA
    Pete , Tobago is beautiful , but very basic, do the catamaran trip, the one we went on was Picante, do Pigeon Point for a day, if you can do it on a day a cruise isn’t in all the better, it is a very laid back country, I loved it but my wife found it too quiet.

What is wrong with a day the cruise liners are in? Seriously, I did have a day there while on a cruise and like most Caribbean countries , it is laid back. Not the best island, but you should enjoy it
  • Options
    razil said:
    Finally looking to go to Cyprus, what are the main 2 or 3 sites? Currently looking at the Olympic Bay Hotel
    Have been loads of times to the Paphos area. Have only stayed in a Hotel once, normally hire a villa. If in a hotel don’t do all inclusive. You miss out on all the nice little tavernas out of the main tourist areas where you can get a great meal with proper Cypriot hospitality. The Peyia tavern is a particular favourite. Unless you are going to Ayia Napa don’t expect sandy beaches as there are not many at all and those that are, like Coral Bay, get rammed and are not much fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m going to Aruba this year. Not sure what to expect apart from a bit of Luxury and loads of Americans. I know Rachel from Friends was supposed to go there on her honeymoon but apart from that ... anyone been from here ? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    PeterGage said:

What is wrong with a day the cruise liners are in? Seriously, I did have a day there while on a cruise and like most Caribbean countries , it is laid back. Not the best island, but you should enjoy it
    Gets massively busy as they do a day trip there, if you avoid that day, you will have paradise virtually to yourself.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    OK, it is that time of year where we start thinking about next years holidays My boys will be 6+8 next summer Looking for an All Inclusive that has a water-park attached to the hotel Any recommendations ?
    Sahara Beach in SA coma, Majorca. Fantastic.
  • Options
    drewman said:
    MrOneLung said:
    OK, it is that time of year where we start thinking about next years holidays My boys will be 6+8 next summer Looking for an All Inclusive that has a water-park attached to the hotel Any recommendations ?

When did you go there?
    cannot find this hotel. 

Cheers. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I’m going to Aruba this year. Not sure what to expect apart from a bit of Luxury and loads of Americans. I know Rachel from Friends was supposed to go there on her honeymoon but apart from that ... anyone been from here ? 
    Not sure when the best time to go is. But a colleague says Aruba is her absolute favourite place 
  • Options
    Me & the missus got back from Dominican Republic last week. Stayed at Royalton Punts Cana. The weather, the beaches, the staff, all fantastic. Would definitely go back.
  • Options
    Me & the missus got back from Dominican Republic last week. Stayed at Royalton Punts Cana. The weather, the beaches, the staff, all fantastic. Would definitely go back.
    Agreed that Dom Rep is a good holiday destination, which I would also recommend. However, of the 12 caribbean islands I have visited, it ranks at the least best, and this is reflected by the cost of the Dom Rep compared with others.

I stress it is good and provides value for money.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Agreed that Dom Rep is a good holiday destination, which I would also recommend. However, of the 12 caribbean islands I have visited, it ranks at the least best, and this is reflected by the cost of the Dom Rep compared with others.

My first time in the Caribbean, so can't compare but I've heard similar. Looking at Royalton St Lucia next year.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

My first time in the Caribbean, so can't compare but I've heard similar. Looking at Royalton St Lucia next year.
    Haven' t personally been to St Lucia but it has a bad reputation for crime stats/figures. You may want to check that out.

My personal favourites are Antigua  and Barbados, but of course, only a personal preference; others on here may have other and just as valid contrary views.
  • Options
    Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Zambia for work and then Vegas for pleasure... Busy summer on the cards! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Here we go again, I had a day stop at Oranjestad, when on a cruise. Unfortunately it was on a Sunday and nothing was open until afternoon, but then it was very lively. A friend had a week in Oranjestad and went back the next year because he loved it so much
  • Options
    I have found the Sensatori hotels from Thomson are normally very good. I have been to 4, two in Turkey, Jamaica and Sharm and have had good service in all.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Went Sandals Regency Le Toc last year it was superb can’t recommend it enough, loved St Lucia
  • Options
    Shag said:
    Anyone been to Costa Adeje in Tenerife for a family holiday? Thinking about going next year and staying at baobab suites 2 adults 3 kids Ta
    Yes mate been a few times , really good place for the kids with a long walkway along the beach . Plenty of restaurants about , all very family friendly

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Planning to take the boat across from southern Spain to Morocco and travel round there a bit in Easter. Anyone on here been to Tangier or Chefchaouen?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said: hi
    drewman said:
    MrOneLung said:

When did you go there?
    cannot find this hotel. 

Cheers. 
    We went back end of 2016. It's the protur safari park hotel, it's part of a resort there from.memory. 
  • Options
    Cheers. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Not sure when the best time to go is. But a colleague says Aruba is her absolute favourite place 
    If u want a beach holiday and a typical resort with all the restaurants bars and big hotels, you are going to the right place - the beach on the main resort is ranked 3rd in the world and I could see why / enjoy
  • Options
    Last minute, unplanned trip to Vienna for 3 nights next week coming up. Any tips or must see/visit/avoids?
  • Options
    Planning to take the boat across from southern Spain to Morocco and travel round there a bit in Easter. Anyone on here been to Tangier or Chefchaouen?
    Tangier is Ok. Slightly marred for me by it being Ramadan when I was there. People aren’t very happy during the day, as you’d expect.

Couple of hours from tangier to Casablanca by train might be worth a go. I wanted to do that but ran out of time.