Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easy Jet And Other Airlines

12346»

Comments

• Options
    They all use each other for package holidays.

Have flown Tui on a Thomas Cook holiday and Easy Jet on a Tui holiday.

it is all about what capacity/availability they have on certain routes.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I love city airport. Wish they flew to Naples 
  • Options
    Probably due to Tui having to grounded 737 Max fleet.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:
    Regional airline Flybe has cancelled dozens of flights on Wednesday morning for what it describes as "operational reasons".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47797738
    I read that earlier.  But if they were bought out in December shouldnt they be safe?  Just wondering whether i need to start making alternative plans for my Easter. 

Regional airline Flybe has cancelled dozens of Wednesday morning flights as it enters discussions over potential job losses.

The company blamed an industry-wide shortage of pilots for the delays, as well as its own pilots taking holidays.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47797738

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Addickted said:
    Probably due to Tui having to grounded 737 Max fleet.
    Norwegian have grounded more. This isn't connected, as mrOneLung says, this is normal. Only 3 tour operators effectively have their own airlines; TUI, Thomas Cook and Jet2Holidays (you could now add Easyjet as they are expanding their holiday operation). Jet2 will only sell holidays that fly on their own aircraft, but the others use 3rd party airlines as their bed capacity outstrips their available flight seats - it also allows them to operate holidays in resorts where they don't fly. They will use other scheduled airlines and some charter aircraft (though the latter are becoming fewer in number)
  • Options
    Flybe in trouble again by the sound of it.
  • Options
    and again - sadly looks like its the genuine end this time...
  • Options
    Fly Be a goner. Hope Ryannair catch a cold. They are over-extended if demand drops and their margins are small. They have deep pockets but debts will mount quickly given the size of their operation. Expect a lot of consolidation if CV goes on past May without declining.
  • Options
    Occasional forest fires make the forest healthier. FlyBe has mostly new planes. They will be gobbled up to the highest bidder, debt and equity holders lose their investment for their bad decisions, and the rest of the airlines get smarter and better. Works for me.
  • Options
    Was due to be flying on the 10.05 London City to Belfast City today with Flybe, never mind, feel for all those out of work 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Occasional forest fires make the forest healthier. FlyBe has mostly new planes. They will be gobbled up to the highest bidder, debt and equity holders lose their investment for their bad decisions, and the rest of the airlines get smarter and better. Works for me.
    The aircraft return to the lessor. They will re-enter service at some with a new operator somewhere. In the meantime the lessor loses out.

Debt and equity holders will lose out. Dammed capitalists deserve it, as do pension funds and any other shareholders.

there is, in the short term at least, a serious diminution in regional connectivity across the UK.

2,000 people find themselves unemployed.

Still, as long as it works for you...
    The lessors will be cacking themselves, the Carona 🦠 will make it very difficult for them to shift one would have thought as passenger numbers are likely going to fall dramatically.
  • Options
    Flybe (to Southampton) always seems a lot more expensive than Ryan Air (to Stanstead) and even BA (to Gatwick), when  they fly from Limoges. Just an observation 
  • Options
    Flybe (to Southampton) always seems a lot more expensive than Ryan Air (to Stanstead) and even BA (to Gatwick), when  they fly from Limoges. Just an observation 
    Yeah my missus is from south Devon and the (very convenient) flight from LCY is very sparsely populated whenever I’ve got it, I’m guessing that’s because it costs more than the train. Last time I think there was about 5 other people on the entire flight.
  • Options
    Was due to be flying on the 10.05 London City to Belfast City today with Flybe, never mind, feel for all those out of work 
    Loganair has taken on 16 Flybe routes, a couple of them are from Belfast (although don’t believe it’s the London City route).
  • Options

Airline Flybe has cancelled all flights to and from the UK after going into administration.

A statement on the airline's website said it had "ceased trading" and told any passengers expecting to travel with it not to go to the airport.

It added that it would not be able to help passengers arrange alternative flights.

The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said it would provide advice and information to those affected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64436500