Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Really wouldnt care if its a draw would love to see pens
  • Options
    I would have gone, but Bakeoff is on Tuesdays
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

We can't even be bothered to name a full bench? What's someone like Doughty got to do to at least make the bench? Sarmiento? Sarpong-Wiredu?

We knew this competition was coming. Why not use it as a carrot for the U23s and say something to the effect of "Whoever impresses most over the next X amount of time (two weeks, for instance) gets the last spot on the bench." Is it the most coveted prize? No, but it's involvement in a senior team game. It all just feels lazy to me.

Good point. I'd have thought it would be a bit disheartening for those U23s left out.
  • Options
    I'm heading over. If it's more than fifteen quid I am turning back around
  • Options
    Also, Ben Reeves *might* be playing at left wing/back. I think it's

........................Steer
    Marshall Yao Dijksteel Sarr Reeves
    ..............Maloney Lapslie
    ...................Morgan
    .............Hackett Vetokele
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    New stoppage at the Doncaster v Newcastle 21 is "a whole in the net", player put his foot through it and game was stopped while it was repaired

Kicked off at 7pm and a huge crowd of 1500
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon

Verified account

@AFCWimbledon
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    8 - First hint of a chance for #AFCW with Hanson heading Sibbick's cross wide.
  • Options
    Lapslie strong earlier on.

Watching him this season he is fantastic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    9' Fantastic work from Lapslie to win possession before being fouled and winning a free-kick wide right.
    Morgan's delivery is cleared.

#cafc 0 #afcw 0
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

unlikely, i imagine its 3 at back Yao, Djksteel, Sarr, Wingbacks Marshall and.... ? lol looks more likely 4 at back
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I cannot begin to guess our formation. We seem to be short of a centre-back and a left-back?

The goalkeeper, who joined the Addicks on a season-long loan deal from Aston Villa, will be protected by a back four of Anfernee Dijksteel, Naby Sarr, Mark Marshall and academy graduate Kenneth Yao.

In front of them, young trio Taylor Maloney, George Lapslie and Albie Morgan form three quarters of a midfield quartet, with the other engine-roomer being Ben Reeves. The Northern Irishman is fit again after recovering from an Achilles problem.

Up front, Igor Vetokele – making his first Addicks start since 2016 – leads the line alongside Reeco Hackett-Fairchild.
    This put up earlier
  • Options

SDAddick said:

unlikely, i imagine its 3 at back Yao, Djksteel, Sarr, Wingbacks Marshall and.... ? lol looks more likely 4 at back
    Wow who would even think to put him there?Mascoll on the bench.... doesn't make sense
  • Options
    Yao RCB
    Dijksteel CCB
    Sarr LCB
  • Options
    ross1 said:

New stoppage at the Doncaster v Newcastle 21 is "a whole in the net", player put his foot through it and game was stopped while it was repaired

What kind of hole? A Toon or Donny hole?
  • Options
    No big screen today

Switched off
  • Options
    ross1 said:

A whole what?
  • Options
    1350 geordies
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

We can't even be bothered to name a full bench? What's someone like Doughty got to do to at least make the bench? Sarmiento? Sarpong-Wiredu?

We knew this competition was coming. Why not use it as a carrot for the U23s and say something to the effect of "Whoever impresses most over the next X amount of time (two weeks, for instance) gets the last spot on the bench." Is it the most coveted prize? No, but it's involvement in a senior team game. It all just feels lazy to me.

Could it be more penny-pinching, to save paying first team appearance money to an U23?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

ross1 said:

A whole what?
    Use your imagination :smiley:
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Wow who would even think to put him there?Mascoll on the bench.... doesn't make sense
    Reeves needs the gametime. If he makes a defensive mistake, it doesn't matter anyway
  • Options
    Timmy Abraham playing up front for Fulham U21 tonight away against Oxford, of which Robinson has put out a strong side.
  • Options
    Keep any comments coming as I do not think I will be putting much match information
  • Options
    Marshall started well today
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Lapslie close to making it 1-0 but saved by keeper
  • Options
    16' Vetokele finds Marshall with a raking crossfield ball and the former gets to the box and sends in a low, teasing cross, but there is no one on hand to finish the move off.

#cafc 0 #afcw 0
  • Options
    18' Close! Reeve's cross is just missed by Vetokele's stretch, but Lapslie gets his head on it draws a great point-blank save from McDonnell.

#cafc 0 #afcw 0
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon

Verified account

@AFCWimbledon
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    18 - McDonnell makes a fine save to keep #AFCW level. George Lapslie with the header for Charlton.