Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options

I’m a football snob and I’m embarrassed we are associated with this shit .
    I mean palace u-23s are in it and so are our first team , beyond insulting .

I actually don’t know if palace u-23s are in it but I’ve heard some prem teams kids are in it

Well it's supposed to be our first team, but it's clear to see that it's pretty much our U23s as well
  • Options
    For anybody waking up and trying to figure out what happened:-

We drew 2-2 and lost the pen shoot out 4-2

Took me a good 20 mins to find the result on Charlton Life and my usual app doesn’t give results for the checkatrade
  • Options
    LB was happy with the game last night - even the competition - and understandably so. Youth players doing fine and the recovering players showed some promise. Great response from Sarr and Marshall after being dropped.

The result wasnt important but still decent. AFC played 7 involved in their match Saturday - we played 3 from the Southend game. The Dons commentators talked about Ajose and Marshall like them being our biggest stars...not fringe players.

Maloney and RHF might be progressing, but looked to be some way from being ready. Yao struggeled before the break but finished the game fearless. Mascoll did well when he came on. Morgan goes missing at times, but in moments looks real special with his touch and passing. Lapslie looks ready for any challenge. Our most influencal player last night. Started the attack before the 2-2 equalizer, driving us forward.

Steer beaten six times, but he did alright. Slipped a couple of times, but recovered quick. His distribution looked alert and good. Nearly sent RHF through with a 60 yard kick, but the striker strayed offside.

• Options
    I may have missed it, but I kept looking, the Times (printed version at least) seems to have totally ignored all the checkatrade games and results from last night.
  • Options

Always thought the tournament was ok until it was ruined by the insulting imposition of U23’s teams. Before that it gave a lower league team the chance to get to Wembley and try out a few of their kids along the way.

I think the format would have been pretty good had they given teams complete control over their squads and had Conference teams been involved rather than U23 teams
  • Options
    Genuinely forgot we were playing last night.
  • Options

Always thought the tournament was ok until it was ruined by the insulting imposition of U23’s teams. Before that it gave a lower league team the chance to get to Wembley and try out a few of their kids along the way.

I think the format would have been pretty good had they given teams complete control over their squads and had Conference teams been involved rather than U23 teams
    I like the idea of Conference teams but I guess they'd have to drop a competition off of their list of commitments.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I like the idea of Conference teams but I guess they'd have to drop a competition off of their list of commitments.
    They've only got the League | FA Cup | FA Trophy so no more than what League teams play

Although Sutton and Boreham Wood are also part of the Scottish Challenge Cup now as the top two Conference sides not to be promoted get invited to that now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Simonsen said:

They've only got the League | FA Cup | FA Trophy so no more than what League teams play

Although Sutton and Boreham Wood are also part of the Scottish Challenge Cup now as the top two Conference sides not to be promoted get invited to that now
    What !!! have I missed something ??? Sutton & Boreham Wood are playing in a SCOTTISH competetion !!?? wtf is that all about ???
  • Options
    Sutton have to play at Airdrie a 778 mile round trip.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Simonsen said:

What !!! have I missed something ??? Sutton & Boreham Wood are playing in a SCOTTISH competetion !!?? wtf is that all about ???
    Yeah Scottish Challenge Cup got amended two years to include the top two sides from Wales and Northern Ireland, last season the Republic of Ireland got two sides added and this season the two Conference sides have been included from England - Boreham Wood are at home to Dunfermline whilst Sutton have to go up to Airdrieonians in the second round (the stage they come into)

Although the Challenge Cup is like our Football League Trophy where its not open to Scottish Premiership sides, only their U20 teams can play

Hopefully one year Cowdenbeath will have to travel down to Welling for a game as will be down PVR straight away
  • Options
  • Options
    Many happy returns to academy graduate @GeorgeLapslie, who turns 21 today! #cafc
  • Options
    The answer to the question on everyone's lips... she said yes!

Congratulations to Keiron and Lauren, who got engaged on the Valley pitch at half-time this evening! #cafc

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Beardface said:
    Wish I hadn’t watched that. The noise after the goal has perforated my eardrum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My CAFC games this week.

Charlton 1-1 Forest
    Charlton 2-2 Wimbledon

So 3-3 on saturday

Thank fuck this didnt happen
  • Options

My CAFC games this week.

Charlton 1-1 Forest
    Charlton 2-2 Wimbledon

So 3-3 on saturday