Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checkatrade tonight (home to AFC Wimbledon).

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
Anyone else making the trip to the valley tonight. Thought I would ask as cannot see a single mention on here. Just need to know if its a table for one tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Blimey really only is going to be me.
  • Options
    Never knew we were playing tbh.

No!
  • Options
    Can't muster any enthusiasm for it.

Recco and Igor score in 3 - 1 win
  • Options
    Play the u23s and take the fine.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Be surprised if its anyone other than the players who played in the League Cup

Throw Steer | Vetokele | Reeves in for some needed minutes and it'll probably be a good run out to get fitness levels up
  • Options

Scoham said:

Be surprised if its anyone other than the players who played in the League Cup turn up

Throw Steer | Vetokele | Reeves in for some needed minutes and it'll probably be a good run out to get fitness levels up
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    A complete waste of everyone’s time and effort . I agree with @Scoham , play the under 23’s and take the fine .
  • Options
    Cant see us take a 5,000 pound fine.

Believe we have to start 4 outfield "first teamers", that being player that either started vs Southend, will start vs Wycombe or in our list of top 10 players with highest number starting appearances this season.

Sarr should be in that group. I expect him to play, and probably Ajose...maybe Cullen. And either Grant or Pearce to start and play 45 minutes or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Comfortable home win 4-0, a goal for each fan.

You think that AFC will bring four fans?
  • Options
    It is the Silly Buggers Cup.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Didn't even know we were playing, looked at a few games for a bet but didnt even realise we are still in it. Just play the youth and a couple who need match practice, Ajose/Vetokle/ Sarr/ Steer
  • Options
    Other cups are an entree into Europe, this one is an entree into Butlins.
    For a weekend.
  • Options
    I will be there - battled through the online booking system to home-print my ticket, but looks like there will be more on the pitch than in the stands!
  • Options

seth plum said:

It is the Silly Buggers Cup.

I'll remind you of this post when we are running round Wembley with the cup.
    Spurs will be at home that day and will need Wembley for themselves, we’ll have to play elsewhere...
  • Options
    Bought a ticket on my way home yesterday. Behind the home dugout. Always interesting to hear the comments.
  • Options
    I will be there @tajaddick
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer has revealed some of his starting line-up for Charlton Athletic’s EFL Trophy tie tonight – confirming there will be a debut for loan goalkeeper Jed Steer.

The shotstopper arrived on loan from Aston Villa just before the season started but has been back-up to first choice Dillon Phillips.

But Bowyer confirmed to The Mercury that Steer will start against AFC Wimbledon.

And he does not expect to fall foul of the competition’s rules which see a four-figure fine handed out if the Addicks do not name enough first-team regulars.

“We are fortunate really because we have got injuries coming back and those players need minutes,” said Bowyer. “So they’ll play.

“Ben Reeves will play and Mark Marshall needs to play. George Lapslie will start and so will Taylor Maloney, who has been with us all pre-season. Naby Sarr will play and Jed will be in goal, it’s a good chance to see him.

“Igor [Vetokele] will start. Again, he hasn’t played any serious minutes since Welling United in pre-season.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/952845373?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might even go to this, we'll see if I can spare the ten-minute walk and however much they're charging
  • Options
    Steer
    Dijksteel Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Maloney Lapslie Mascoll
    Reeves
    Hackett-Fairchild Vetokele

Maynard-Brewer Yao Cummings Blumberg Dempsey Morgan Ajose

Would that fall foul of the rules?
  • Options
    Surely we will see Jamie Ward
  • Options
    I would play Ajose alongside Veto. Marshall and Lapslie make up the four.

I would not risk Pearce.
  • Options

On international duty
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I would not risk Pearce.

...because he’s a delicate type of player that needs protecting against tough opposition players ?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I would not risk Pearce.

...because he’s a delicate type of player that needs protecting against tough opposition players ?
    More likely because he has been out for weeks with a knee injury and it would be stupid to play him and risk aggravating it in the tinpot cup...?
  • Options

On international duty
    Cor N.Ireland must really be strugggling for players if they have to call someone up who hasnt played a proper match since last season