Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton Town tickets to go on restricted sale this morning [28/8/18]

124»

Comments

• Redrobo said:

CatAddick said:

I can see this getting very messy & possibly heated. Seeing as its sold out AND unreserved seating I can see a few "lads" turning up at 2.55 & looking for half a dozen seats together only to find a load of random singles or at best twos. Be prepared for lots of standing in aisles, gangways & exits.

Siddarn! :-)

I know what you mean tho’
    With the terrible legroom, anyone taller than Jay DaSilva will want to stand anyway!
    No I won’t.

It would be nice if one side or a bit in the middle could be for those old gits like me that want to sit, but I do not hold out much hope.
    What I meant was that from memory, the legroom (I'm fairly tall) was so poor that it was almost impossible to sit anyway, unless you had empty seats next to you and could sit partially sideways.
  • Redrobo said:

CatAddick said:

I can see this getting very messy & possibly heated. Seeing as its sold out AND unreserved seating I can see a few "lads" turning up at 2.55 & looking for half a dozen seats together only to find a load of random singles or at best twos. Be prepared for lots of standing in aisles, gangways & exits.

With the terrible legroom, anyone taller than Jay DaSilva will want to stand anyway!
    No I won’t.

It would be nice if one side or a bit in the middle could be for those old gits like me that want to sit, but I do not hold out much hope.
    What I meant was that from memory, the legroom (I'm fairly tall) was so poor that it was almost impossible to sit anyway, unless you had empty seats next to you and could sit partially sideways.
    I got that, just hoping.

The quicker they get safe standing the better.Then we can all go and watch a match how we want to.
  • Will kick this off early, looking for one spare, will take adult or under 21
  • just got back off hols and disappointed to see tickets sold out. Could do with 2 or 1 adult and 1 concession
  • Looking for 2 spare tickets, please dm with any going.
  • Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

CatAddick said:

No I won’t.

I got that, just hoping.

The quicker they get safe standing the better.Then we can all go and watch a match how we want to.
    The sooner they get a new ground the better, though that's a saga which has been running for 25 years (so even longer than our takeover thread)
  • Definately a ground where singing 'Luton's a shithole, I wanna go home' is very apt.
  • edited September 2018
    It may be North of Watford but too far South for me. Seems like my first visit there to see Peacock, Shipperley and co playing in either red (or blue) and black stripes (memory fading), black shorts in the early 70s, will also be my last. Was a dump then and there's been near nigh a further 50 years of decay since, enjoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• i can already see the thread condemning the neanderthal like behaviour Sunday afternoon/Monday morning
  • shirty5 said:

Sold out, so it will be an extremely cramped 2 hours!

BOOM, repeat of Pompey away please, on the pitch, in the stands and in the pubs, up the addicks!
    never done luton, we are on the 11.05 out of london bridge any shouts of pubs? don't think there is an abundance in that part of the world.
    Probably on same train, no idea for boozers?!
    Best place to drink in Luton?

London
    Jump out at Harpenden, the stop before Luton Parkway. Worlds apart from Luton and only fifteen mins in a cab to the ground from there.
  • Luton was my first ever away game on my birthday in November 1971, a 2-1 win with two Keith Peacock goals.
    My dad drove us up there and as a young kid it seemed so far away.
  • Done Luton away three times and seen three defeats.
    This includes a 7.1 thrashing which in 52 years of supporting Charlton is the biggest defeat I have seen.
    Hoping this season my luck changes and I get see a win.
    As for the ground I echo what others have said it is shite just as bad as Wimbledon in fact.
  • Funny you should mention that.
    The second time I went to Luton it all kicked off after the game.
    My mate Ian (several posters on here know him) got stabbed in the back.
    He spent a week in Luton hospital with a punctured lung.
    A friendly place Luton ain't.
    My advice to anyone going for a beer after the game would be to get back to London first.
  • Worse than Wimbledon mate, can't think of a redeeming feature of ground, club or town.
  • Worse than Wimbledon mate, can't think of a redeeming feature of ground, club or town.

I like their manager.
  • Luton was my first ever away game on my birthday in November 1971, a 2-1 win with two Keith Peacock goals.
    My dad drove us up there and as a young kid it seemed so far away.

First time I went there. My dad insisted on leaving before the end to get an early train so we had to wait until we got the evening paper in London to see if we had held on to win.
  • Anyone with a spare ticket or 2 for this game drop me a message please?
    Work commitments changed for next saturday, so am now able to make the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• get to the back of the queue, I think I was first in asking for any spares (was away when on sale)