Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Town tickets to go on restricted sale this morning [28/8/18]

Comments

• Options
    Who was there the season we were banned?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

More than one. Would have been 86/87 to 89/90. Wasn’t very difficult to circumvent.
  • Options
    The only problem I had (but I was well versed) was being asked the name of Luton's keeper by a copper when we got of the train.
  • Options

Hmm, a horrible away end, but it's been 20 years since I was last there

You'd have to be desperate to take the coach. Leaving Dartford at 9:25 for a 3pm kickoff? That's 5 1/2 hours before kickoff!!!!!!! Or 4 1/4 hours to get there from Charlton?

Used to be the big open end, never been so cold at a football match, early 80's just before Christmas and flood light failure to boot and we lost 3-0.....not for the first time up there.
    Yes, I remember that game. It was so cold I couldn't watch the game & retreated to the concourse below.

Mind you it was better than the 7-0 there or was it 7-1 ?
    Also sure it was the one where that was a bit of "terrace foxtrot" broke out in the away end... Sure it is because my abiding memory was of being deathly cold AND pissed off we lost, as opposed to mainly being pissed off most of the time.

The 7-1 I missed, thanks God!
    I didn’t :neutral:
  • Options

me & @largeaddick. He had a mate at work who was a Luton ST holder & managed to get us a couple of passes I think ( too long ago to remember). Sat in the main stand & tried not to clap or cheer - some as we did when we were "banned" at Chelsea.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Probably the worst football ground in the country in the worst area imaginable. I live 45 minutes away and I won’t be bothering.

20 mins for me, but yeah.. no thanks. Im sure there will be trouble too.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm there’s some left gonna go down first thing Monday if so??
    And also can when in general sale can you buy as many as you like?
  • Options

Yep, my old man managed to get quite a few in if I remember
  • Options
    I got a couple off Steve Gritt one year and I remember Steve Dixon and or Airman having 100s of cards to get in in a pub in the town centre as well , that was the 5-0 or was it 5-1 drubbing
  • Options

I got a couple off Steve Gritt one year and I remember Steve Dixon and or Airman having 100s of cards to get in in a pub in the town centre as well , that was the 5-0 or was it 5-1 drubbing

5 2 mate. I was there and a couple of us were getting hot dogs when they scored their first. We were both pissed and said we’d have to get a hot dog for every goal they scored and 2 for any Charlton goal. We gave up at 3 0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

An allocation of 1032 tickets go on sale this morning as follows.
    Tuesday, August 28th (Phase one): Supporters with 250 loyalty points who are also Valley Gold members
    Wednesday, August 29th (Phase two): Supporters with 230 loyalty points who are also Valley Gold members
    Friday, August 31st (Phase three): Supporters with 230 loyalty points or Valley Gold members
    Monday, September 3rd (Phase four): General sale
    Prices as follows [a complete rip off,for anybody who has visited Kenilworth Road]
    Adult £26
    Over 65 £21
    Under 22 £21
    Over 75 £18
    Under 17 £11
    Under 10 £8

Valley Away will be running a service to Kenilworth Road, priced at £16. Information on pick-up times and locations can be found below.

Larkfield: 8.45am

Gravesend: 9.10am

Dartford: 9.25am

Bexleyheath: 9.40am

Bromley: 10.10am

Eltham: 10.30am

Charlton: 10.45am

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b813cfc67155/luton-town-clash-to-go-on-restricted-sale-on-tuesday-morning

Apparently this info isn’t correct general sale is tomorrow not Monday???
  • Options
    I know we always sing it, but if there ever was a ground and place to justify the "**** is a shithole, I want to go home" song, it's Kenilworth Road!
  • Options

‘Loads’ left said the ticket office.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Managed to get me anyway.
  • Options

alicwkd said:

26 quid for Luton??!!

That is a piss take on three counts.

1. It's league one football
    2. The ground is a shithole
    3. Luton is a shithole
    Stop sitting on the fence - say what you really think!!

• Options
    iamdan said:

584 left as of now. Would expect us to sell this out
  • Options
    Be woefull if we can't shift 1k for Luton
  • Options

Be woefull if we can't shift 1k for Luton

I'm sure they will go, especially when on general sale, after the great atmosphere at Southend. It's only been since Friday that non VG members could buy so it's still early doors
  • Options
    when does it switch over from restricted to general sale midnight?.
  • Options

to answer this no as 7.08am on 04/09/2018 - and still cannot buy tickets on general sale even though site details 04/09/2018 but no times would imagine 9am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

to answer this no as 7.08am on 04/09/2018 - and still cannot buy tickets on general sale even though site details 04/09/2018 but no times would imagine 9am.
    Yeah it’s usually 9am.
  • Options
    lovely 500 left and just bought 4 on general sale - don't like to give him much credit but the new website is such an improvement and much easier than ringing up/ going down there.
  • Options

lovely 500 left and just bought 4 on general sale - don't like to give him much credit but the new website is such an improvement and much easier than ringing up/ going down there.

Booked train for four of us, £7 each return. It seems Luton isn’t the popular day out destination I thought it was.
  • Options

Booked train for four of us, £7 each return. It seems Luton isn’t the popular day out destination I thought it was.
    Where you going from London Bridge or st Pancras?
  • Options
    My train is coming to £23 return from Sidcup. Does that sound about right?
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Do you know anyone with a gold card? Should be able to get it cheaper than that. I may have missed it but why can you not get the Woolwich line directly to Luton on the Thameslink?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

iamdan said:

Do you know anyone with a gold card? Should be able to get it cheaper than that. I may have missed it but why can you not get the Woolwich line directly to Luton on the Thameslink?
    Because the thameslink is dog shite. When I realised that I could go direct to Luton from Greenhithe I told the kids we’d defo go. Since buying the match tickets it turns out this ain’t the case.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

You not got a network railcard
  • Options
    There are 3 of us going, click the ‘groupsave discount’ and its saved us £25 in total.
  • Options
    Returns from London Bridge for £10.50