Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes - 30 years

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:

I’ve never met the bloke. 30 years servant to the football club is an incredible achievement. All the other shit doesn’t matter, it’s a moment to recognise and pay respects too. The video of past and present Charlton legends pay homage to that. Thanks Chris.

I'm sorry but the last few years negate anything he did before.
    And by the way he's an office wallah, one of many essential workers perhaps but nothing particularly exceptional.
    As am I in my job, and many others are on here.
  • Options
    iainment said:

ozaddick said:

I’ve never met the bloke. 30 years servant to the football club is an incredible achievement. All the other shit doesn’t matter, it’s a moment to recognise and pay respects too. The video of past and present Charlton legends pay homage to that. Thanks Chris.

And by the way he's an office wallah, one of many essential workers perhaps but nothing particularly exceptional.
    No need for apologies, opinions are like arseholes, we’ve all got them.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    For the love of God can people not film in portrait!!!

Only Super Clive got it right!
  • Options
    iainment said:

ozaddick said:

Yes.......but a popular and very very good one, which all those ex players have confirmed.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I have always found Chris to be a gentleman and a stand up guy.

Have nothing but respect for him and thank him for standing by the club.

30 years at this total nuthouse...got to respect that whatever you think of his other half.

He's absolutely brilliant. His last DVD had me in stitches:

"A funny thing happed to me on the way to the ground tonight, I got in the car and their were vol-au-vent crumbs everywhere. Absolutely everywhere they were. 'Crumbs' I said. 'Crikey' said the wife... Bernie, I like to call her... Do you all get that when you get in the car, vol-au-vent crumbs everywhere? Oh well, it must just be me then? ...or the wife! Do you know, she's been working very hard recently fighting against the undead? I like to call her Buffet The Vampire Slayer.

Talking of buffets, have you noticed how post match hospitality is always the same: Vol au vents, chicken legs, cheesecake. Vol au vents, chicken legs, cheesecake. That's all it is, same food repeated. Always reminds of Scooby Doo, the cartoon, where they always used to run down a corridor passing the same things. Plant, clock, plant, clock... And then you turn around and it's all gone. And Mrs P is standing there with here cheeks puffed out like a hamster with her handbag full of pastry. And she would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!

So I said to Roly 'send reinforcements or we don't stand a chance'. He said, 'You don't need three and fourpence to go to a dance, take this old brass farthing and you can pay me back with interest' ... and another thing, have you noticed how the chips at the club are getting smaller? I know Roly has a background in electronics but I didn't know we'd be getting microchips!

Women are funny aren't they? Take my wife, no really, take her. Take her as far from me as humanly possible!
    ".
    Don't give up your day job mate!

• Options
    Well done Chris, that's a brilliant achievement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Read that and thought Christ. What’s he done !
  • Options
    Not bad for an office wallah hey
  • Options
    Bowyer clearly wants to draw a line through the Parkes bad feeling.  I guess we have to move on, as they say. 

They were some strange times.  

• Options
    My missus has just said she publicly distances herself from me!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My missus has just said she publicly distances herself from me!! 
    Yep she told me that to
  • Options
    Always found him a very nice bloke he has been very kind and good to me in the past and absolute Gentleman 
    This 100%.  Very nice and helpful man and lucky to have him.

Glad that awful chapter has finished and the future is looking very bright.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Curb_It said:
    Bowyer clearly wants to draw a line through the Parkes bad feeling.  I guess we have to move on, as they say. 

They were some strange times.  

To be fair Chris surely wouldnt deserve animosity anyway?
    I think it was clear that the large majority of the animosity was directed at his wife for her pro Duchatelet/Meire stance, especially on Facebook (as I understand - not being on FB personally). Some of that probably got deflected onto Chris, for no better reason than he didn't publicly distance himself from her views. I would be pleased to have all of that drawn a line under, as I'm sure almost everyone would.

Not Keohane though. That bloke is poison and I hope he gets sent packing very soon.
    Fully agreed 
  • Options
    Always found him a very nice bloke he has been very kind and good to me in the past and absolute Gentleman 
    This 100%.  Very nice and helpful man and lucky to have him.

Glad that awful chapter has finished and the future is looking very bright.
    Agree with this.

when all is said and done the bloke has been here for 30 years and has tidied up as much as he can in that time.

Met him once - in a portacabin at Selhurst - and he couldnt have been nicer.

Times change, of course, but neither he or his wife are “the enemy”.

Lets thank him for his service. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    She was a collaborator..... sorry not able to forgive Sue.... she supported the virus that infected our club. 
    100%

I wonder how often she has seen her mate since she scuttled out of the building in December 2017.
  • Options
    She was a collaborator..... sorry not able to forgive Sue.... she supported the virus that infected our club. 
    Yep she was vindictive and held personal grudges against people who disliked duchatelet. 
  • Options
    Yep she was vindictive and held personal grudges against people who disliked duchatelet. 

She took the p*** out of the fans big style.
  • Options
    Buy your notba fan - you never go😀