Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Parkes - 30 years

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations Chris. Hope he gets recognition on the pitch Saturday too and ideally with Keith Peacock presenting the shirt instead of Murray.
  • Options
    Congrats
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Don't shine that torch in my face mate, I've just lost a pint of blood.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Why was this not done at the game on Saturday?

because if RM stepped onto the pitch they'd be a riot.
  • Options
    Bernie was the mouthpiece of squirrel face.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

This
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Dansk_Red said:

This
    Because they can choose who goes to an internal presentation but those who go to a football game choose to go themselves? And the achievement would be somewhat undermined by, potentially, some using the opportunity to aim their anger at him for the actions of the regime for which his wife is one of their public spokespersons.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

Wife has tainited him, has sat there and done nothing as she laughed at fans and goaded us (peterbrough away) and continues to back regime online. I’ll say no more.

Nice of you to come in here, to a thread thanking him, and chucking some negative vibes. Well done

I make no apologises, he is an extension of his wife and we know exactly what she thinks of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations Chris.
  • Options

Always found him a very nice bloke

Me too and totally Charlton. These last few years can't have been easy for him.
  • Options
    He must be a sucker for punishment
  • Options
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    Congratulations Chris Parkes, you deserve this for all the hard work you have put in throughout the years. It is a shame the last decade has been so tumultuous.
  • Options
    Good on you Chris. A loyal Charlton man who could have been far better financially rewarded elsewhere, but has stuck at the club he loves doing a job he loves.
  • Options
    It shows that there are still some very good people football club that Dushitelet is trying to rob.
  • Options
    Congratulations, Chris - gentleman of Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not presented by Keohane.
    He is out of shot preparing Cheddar cubes and mini pickled onions on cocktail sticks as befits his status.
  • Options

Chris Parkes fully deserves every single accolade for 30 years of great service to the club and to so many players and fans in that time. First four years - Selhurst and the Boleyn. Last four years - Roland. That's some pair of bookends for a totally dedicated career.

The RD era has blighted playing and coaching careers, alienated loyal supporters and harshly compromised club stalwarts such as CP.

Please let this living nightmare end asap and let the unsung heroes who've kept our club going recover the rightful respect that they've so richly earned.
  • Options
    I’ve only met Chris Parkes once, when that ex-Arsenal marketing bloke (now at Norwich) tried to bump my North Stand table booking and subsequently moved us to the posh lounge in the light of my robust protests.

I found Chris a thoroughly nice bloke and a true Charlton man. Not many of them have survived this odious regime, so well done to him in reaching the 30 year milestone. We need all the continuity we can get in this revolving door culture.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Congratulations

Looks like the staff bonus went on purchasing a shirt! And turn the bloody lights off your making the club unsalable!
  • Options
    I have always found Chris to be a gentleman and a stand up guy.

Have nothing but respect for him and thank him for standing by the club.

30 years at this total nuthouse...got to respect that whatever you think of his other half.

• Options
    I’ve never met the bloke. 30 years servant to the football club is an incredible achievement. All the other shit doesn’t matter, it’s a moment to recognise and pay respects too. The video of past and present Charlton legends pay homage to that. Thanks Chris.
  • Options
    Pringle said:

Don't shine that torch in my face mate, I've just lost a pint of blood.

So the sequence should be - puff flash puff flash BANG, basically a condensed Pink Floyd concert for £500.00