Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Person Jumps (Falls) 7620 metres

2»

Comments

• Options

Leuth said:

It was a white man, and I think the title should reflect this

He may not identify as white.
    Does he identify as a Man then?
  • Options

Leuth said:

Now now, i have followed all suggestions but the PC brigade would jump all over me if I followed yours haha
    Or fall
  • Options
    Is the person's gender relevant in this case Paulie? You wouldn't lose any accuracy if you referred to the person as a "person", rather than making an assumption as to their gender.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Chizz said:

Is the person's gender relevant in this case Paulie? You wouldn't lose any accuracy if you referred to the person as a "person", rather than making an assumption as to their gender.

Good point Chizz. Perhaps it should read something like "Non gender specific, warm blooded life form falls 25,000 feet (7,620m)." Just to cover all bases.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

Good point Chizz. Perhaps it should read something like "Non gender specific, warm blooded life form falls 25,000 feet (7,620m)." Just to cover all bases.
    No. That wouldn't reflect the person's intent, which is the point of the story. Many people have fallen that far, few have survived, even fewer have done so deliberately.

I suggest "Human falls from great height, deliberately".

@paulie8290 can you see to it, please?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

No. That wouldn't reflect the person's intent, which is the point of the story. Many people have fallen that far, few have survived, even fewer have done so deliberately.

But that ignores the Health and Safety issues and may encourage youngsters to try it. How about " Human found in net close to the ground" ?
  • Options

Leuth said:

Does he identify as a Man then?
    Excellent point, well made.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

But that ignores the Health and Safety issues and may encourage youngsters to try it. How about " Human found in net close to the ground" ?
    Can you be sure they identify as a human
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

Now your just being silly Paulie.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

JWADDICK said:

Chizz said:

Huperson, please, and less of the toxic masculinity and patriarchal definitions.

Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Net manufacturers pleased with product test".
  • Options
    Chizz said:

"Net manufacturers pleased with product test".

I'm not sure you'll ever understand just how much that word has angered me.

• Options
    Mental.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Or as a man
  • Options

Greenie said:

Anymore suggestions

It should be in metres until we leave the EU.
    Sorted
    Brilliant, you walk the extra mile or 1.60934Kms for the CL forum members @paulie8290
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Anymore suggestions

It should be in metres until we leave the EU.
    Sorted
    Brilliant, you walk the extra mile or 1.60934Kms for the CL forum members @paulie8290
    Do I get my bonus now??
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Yes it is, if it was a woman, it woulda gone all wrong when she turned to reverse into the safety net.