Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 21 Aug | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know @ForeverAddickted - seemed steep bearing in mind usual cost, but I guess the fear as always is affecting the attendance at the ground, as debatable as that point is. Clubs don’t seem to be publicising it either, although the Sky offering of the Championship is everywhere.
  • Options
    fmaddick said:

Don’t know @ForeverAddickted - seemed steep bearing in mind usual cost, but I guess the fear as always is affecting the attendance at the ground, as debatable as that point is. Clubs don’t seem to be publicising it either, although the Sky offering of the Championship is everywhere.

Cheers... Could be the EFL are so naive they dont realise that people are using VPN's to login from the UK so think the low charge of £5 isnt affecting attendances here - Of course by charging fans £5 here in the UK for these midweek games it will affect attendances so are making these games more expensive for UK fans so not everyone stays away from the games

Be interesting if you switched your VPN on, you might still be able to get it cheaper tonight than the £10
  • Options
    I got all my first 3 league predictions wrong so far.........so I'm going for a 2-1 defeat :wink:
  • Options

I got all my first 3 league predictions wrong so far.........so I'm going for a draw or a defeat :wink:

Fixed it for you...
  • Options

I got all my first 3 league predictions wrong so far.........so I'm going for a 2-1 defeat :wink:

let's hope you keep your well beaten 100% record !!
  • Options
    Can’t believe that we are favourite to win this . It’s got away win written all over it. 0-3
  • Options

Can’t believe that we are favourite to win this . It’s got away win written all over it. 0-3

Where on earth are we favourites to win?
  • Options
    Skybet yesterday had us favourites. I lumped 20 on Peterborough @15/8
  • Options

Blimey!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Comfortable home defeat... 0-4.

Load of shat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Blimey!!!
    Just checked and we are even firmer favourites now! We are 7/5 and they are 19/10. Sky are pretty clueless on anything outside the Prem.
  • Options

Blimey!!!
    Just checked and we are even firmer favourites now! We are 7/5 and they are 19/10. Sky are pretty clueless on anything outside the Prem.
    I'd be so tempted to put £20 on Peterborough to win yet just know we'll win

Also aware that if I dont put a bet on, Peterborough will bloody win!!
  • Options

Why on earth would you throw away £20 on those odds and hoping Charlton lose ?
  • Options

Why on earth would you throw away £20 on those odds and hoping Charlton lose ?
    Because Charlton are very likely to lose, however Peterborough have long odds compared to their chances of winning. Serves as a small consolation when the inevitable happens.
  • Options

Charlton 2 - Peterborough 1
    Posh might be strong play off contenders, but there are better sides in this league. Three wins without dominating any of those games.

I think we will get at least a point, and can see us nicking all three. Would like to see some rotation. The same 11-12 players wont hold up until the injuried players are coming back.

Djiksteel and Steer in. And get Ajose in the mix soon. He did play well last spring and we cant afford having fit players just waiting to be sold.

Would hate to see LB changing formation again leaving the central defence more exposed at 1-0 up!

Didn't Ajose score 1 goal in 15 games, in a relatively strong side? No thanks
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Charlton 2 - Peterborough 1
    Posh might be strong play off contenders, but there are better sides in this league. Three wins without dominating any of those games.

I think we will get at least a point, and can see us nicking all three. Would like to see some rotation. The same 11-12 players wont hold up until the injuried players are coming back.

Djiksteel and Steer in. And get Ajose in the mix soon. He did play well last spring and we cant afford having fit players just waiting to be sold.

Would hate to see LB changing formation again leaving the central defence more exposed at 1-0 up!

Didn't Ajose score 1 goal in 15 games, in a relatively strong side? No thanks
    At his 7 league starts under LB last season lifers rated his performances: 7,64 - 7,65 - 7,27 - 6,32 - 5,14 - 7,98 - 6,77

In the squad we have today he should be given a fair chance...thats not just playing with the youth team throwing away cup games.
  • Options
    Think we lose tonight, hate to say it. Just think P'Boro will be too strong for us tonight.
  • Options
    They are 11/5 with Bet365 to beat us. Crazy price.
  • Options

They are 11/5 with Bet365 to beat us. Crazy price.

No doubt Bookies do get it wrong, but I suspect not often...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fear this will be like the Wigan home fixture last year. Completely outclassed and shown that we are well off the pace.

3-0 to Posh
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one, expecting a decent attacking game. Peterborough won't sit back and will come at us. What a shame Fosu is currently out.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

The World’s most utterly inaccurate match preview from those knowledgable people at Sky - http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-peterboro/preview/393135

Apparently:

- we lost 2 - 1 at Accrington (revisionist or what ?)

- “Jason Pearce and Billy Clarke remain doubts with knee problems..”

But fear not - “Nicky Ajose may come back into the reckoning”.

No wonder these cowsons can’t can’t Karlan’s name right. Tossers

Hang on, you're talking about Sky... they are only interested in the Premiership. Thought everybody new that.
  • Options
    I’ve just paid £21 cash for a covered end ticket as I need to scream some abuse somewhere. I promise I’ll try not to go again until he’s gone....

Is the museum open beforehand??
  • Options
    There will be no food or drink for Evans, before during or after the game, because of the cutbacks and no lights in the away changing rooms.
    5-0 Charlton
  • Options
    It’s 2 games in a week, 3 in an eight day period.
  • Options

There will be no food or drink for Evans, before during or after the game, because of the cutbacks and no lights in the away changing rooms.
    5-0 Charlton

Maybe we can have a tomato delivered from CARD, with a birthday candle on it for the light.
  • Options
    Very impressed by the number of posters who still seem to give a shit.