Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 21 Aug | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• On paper, an easy away win for Peterborough. Having supported the enigma that is Charlton for more years than I am prepared to admit, a nailed on win for the Addicks is inevitable.
  • pboro started off v well, hence why a win on saturday was vital as a draw in this would not of been that bad, cannot see us getting much out of this game, fortunately i think we will likely draw our way to midtable, people say its early days, but the team is not going to change that drastically.
  • Comfortable home win 4-0.

Nothing would please me more against this lot

Its laughable to think we used to be Peterborough's bogey team with a 4-0 etc. scoreline being a regular thing
    Yep a 5-1 win at the Posh comes to mind too
  • 5-1 defeat or a late 3-2 win for The Addicks! I can't make my mind up! Watching Poshes highlights on Guest Saturday I can't see us having a chance and Posh will thump us yet this is Charlton! Anything could happen
  • LenGlover said:

Hard to see beyond a comfortable away win logically but maybe, just maybe plucky little Charlton Athletic will have a special night to remember under The Valley lights against one of the giants of this division

We now see Pboro as a big team!
    More like we see them as a form team in the league and charlton as a team that’s lost one, won one and drawn one...
  • LenGlover said:

Hard to see beyond a comfortable away win logically but maybe, just maybe plucky little Charlton Athletic will have a special night to remember under The Valley lights against one of the giants of this division

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of sarcasm.... and that is a healthy dose!! But a little too near the truth sadly.

• LenGlover said:

We now see Pboro as a big team!
    More like we see them as a form team in the league and charlton as a team that’s lost one, won one and drawn one...
    That's right. We've only lost 1 more game than Peterboro - and that was in the 96th minute. :smile:

• Their 100% record will come to an end at some point and even with our not deep squad I cannot see why it cannot be us. Yes they are on great form but it is there to be ended.
  • Their 100% record will come to an end at some point and even with our not deep squad I cannot see why it cannot be us. Yes they are on great form but it is there to be ended.

Tell that to Huddersfield...
  • Optimism has now left me after Saturday and will probably not return until most of our injured players are back, with hopefully at least one new loan player. I will go for 1-1 although I think that will be the best score we will get
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon Peterborough will score 2 so unless we score 3 a defeat for us.
  • I reckon Peterborough will score 2 so unless we score 3 a defeat for us.

If we score 2 in that case it's a draw.
  • Reckon we've got little chance in this one, Peterborough seem a very strong side and we're desperately thin.

Don't know if its a good idea to play Bielik for long again even if I like him and his style after seeing him on Sat. Cramping up after nearly 90 on Saturday, the prospect of another 90 on Tues then another game on Saturday screams muscular injury to me.
  • Charlton 2 - Peterborough 1
    Posh might be strong play off contenders, but there are better sides in this league. Three wins without dominating any of those games.

I think we will get at least a point, and can see us nicking all three. Would like to see some rotation. The same 11-12 players wont hold up until the injuried players are coming back.

Djiksteel and Steer in. And get Ajose in the mix soon. He did play well last spring and we cant afford having fit players just waiting to be sold.

Would hate to see LB changing formation again leaving the central defence more exposed at 1-0 up!

• Peterboro have done well to win each of their first 3 matches = 9 points.

They've beaten:
    Bristol Rovers (H)
    Rochdale (A)
    Luton (H)

Take nothing away from them, but none of those sides are likely to be top 2.

Maybe we would also have had 9 points if instead we'd played those same 3 teams in 3 matches?
    Even with half a team out injured.

46 games in a season, it's a marathon not a sprint ... blah blah.
    It's the position you finish at the end of the season, which counts.

No reason to fear them, they're only Third Division like us.

• I’m sure Tuesday will be too early to be included but we’ve some of the injured players back in training.

“Igor joined in training today [Monday], which is a big positive,” he said. “And we have, hopefully, got the rest of them coming back into training apart from Billy Clarke from Monday.
  • Hard one to predict, 2-2 , 2 down and snatch the draw
  • edited August 2018
    The World’s most utterly inaccurate match preview from those knowledgable people at Sky - http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-peterboro/preview/393135

Apparently:

- we lost 2 - 1 at Accrington (revisionist or what ?)

- “Jason Pearce and Billy Clarke remain doubts with knee problems..”

But fear not - “Nicky Ajose may come back into the reckoning”.

No wonder these cowsons can’t can’t Karlan’s name right. Tossers
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton take lead. Oppo equalise. 1-1 at 90 mins. Added time lottery. Repeat 46 times
  • If Solly isn't athletic enough to play as a wing back, would he be better suited as a holding midfielder? He has played there before, and has the experience to play such a role?
  • On paper, we must accept now that top quality sides like Accrington, Peterborough and Shrewsbury will always be too good for us but over 90 minutes in the real world we are also rubbish.

0-2
  • Flying high at the moment are Borough. If we played them in a couple weeks time, we might have the squad to give them a challenge, tomorrow though won't be the case. 2-0 to the Posh twats
  • 3:3 score as I'm getting up at at 3 for this one
  • I believe the game will be available to watch via one off purchase on iFollow WITHIN the UK (part of the rights deal that also means all Championship games are on Sky)

However, it is £10 just for the game, and since we don’t offer iFollow as a club, it has to be purchased through Peterborough’s site.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but believe this to be accurate for non Saturday/non televised (!) league games going forward.
  • fmaddick said:

I believe the game will be available to watch via one off purchase on iFollow WITHIN the UK (part of the rights deal that also means all Championship games are on Sky)

However, it is £10 just for the game, and since we don’t offer iFollow as a club, it has to be purchased through Peterborough’s site.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but believe this to be accurate for non Saturday/non televised (!) league games going forward.

I think Bank Holiday fixtures are also excluded.
  • fmaddick said:

I believe the game will be available to watch via one off purchase on iFollow WITHIN the UK (part of the rights deal that also means all Championship games are on Sky)

Out of curiousity why is it £10 for the game as most Saturday 3pm games are just £5 (Using a VPN)?

I'd have thought that the price would be the same with the only difference being no VPN needed