Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.

Less than 2 weeks ago on this very page you said this about Mike Dean:

"Michael Oliver should watch him and learn how to referee a game fairly"
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.

When he doesnt referee Tottenham games he is very good.  I cant argue with that.

But he lives in Heswal, Wirral.  Just the otherside of Birkenhead.  The Wirral is predominantly Liverpool supporting.  Everyone knows if.  His local club are Tranmere Rovers.  We put 7 past them a few weeks ago.  What did he say to Poch for Poch to lose it?

I ask whether it would be appropriate for Mr A N Other of say Enfield or Chingford to be refereeing a Liverpool or Man City in the run in?!

The standard of refereeing in the PL is a joke.  The sooner VAR is introduced, the better.  Too much is at stake for mistakes to be made time and time again.
  • Options
    Spurs were poor yesterday, cant blame that on the ref at all... 

I am going next week to Spurs Arsenal, lets hope they are as poor again but unlikely knowing Spurs they will now win away to Chelski and home to Arsenal. I am in the Spurs end with my mate, went last year but wasn't sitting together odd when i have to cheer against Arsenal (My dad/Grandad follows, i used to pre-Charlton) 
  • Options
    Man Utd in trouble here
    Herrera off injured
    Mata off injured
    Rashford strugggling

A non fully fit Lingard now on as well
  • Options
    Solskjaer is desperate to leave Sanchez on the bench isnt he
  • Options
    Now Firminho off for Liverpool.

3 injuries in the opening 30 minutes and Rashford struggling

Did the players not bother warming up properly
  • Options
    Now Firminho off for Liverpool.

3 injuries in the opening 30 minutes and Rashford struggling

Did the players not bother warming up properly
    Daniel Sturridge is now in charge of warm ups

Which is a worry seeing he's now on
  • Options
    Man Utd in trouble here
    Herrera off injured
    Mata off injured
    Rashford strugggling

A non fully fit Lingard now on as well
    And Lingard off
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    OGS has properly effed up his subs here right? Should have just brought on Sanchez for Mata and Pereira for Herrera
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool should win this now. Such an advantage.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Now has to play 50 minutes with a half fit Rashford and no more subs
  • Options
    OGS needs to hope that Rashford can make the end now

Trouble is for all their time on the ball; Liverpool havent created anything
  • Options
    Will either side finish with 11 men?!
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how Rashford does at HT 

20 minutes ago he looked done and if its just adreneline getting him through then 15 minutes sitting down will not help him at all
  • Options
    Havent seen a game with no many injuries like this in ages!
  • Options

20 minutes ago he looked done and if its just adreneline getting him through then 15 minutes sitting down will not help him at all
    Injection? - Imagine they'll give him something to get through the second 45mins
  • Options

Injection? - Imagine they'll give him something to get through the second 45mins
    Are they allowed to implement stuff like that at half-time?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:

Can't believe you have slagged off Ericson !  All players have quiet games. How disengenuos to criticize your best midfield player over the last few years. 
    I enjoy watching Spurs but while Levy cares more about his bonus than winning the League title or winning Trophies than get used to this situation.
    As for decisions going against you welcome to the real world. Defend the corner better and it won't be a problem.
    I think Spurs are over achievers and Mike Dean if he was bias would go against Man City not Spurs.
    Pochettino has let the Stadium debacle and no signing get to him.
    He Will feel embarrassed watching that back.

• Options
    Ha ha. Back luck United. 

What a shit game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worst game of football I've seen in a while, neither side wanted to lose so neither went for the win
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Ha ha. Back luck United. 

What a shit game.
    Great result for United IMO
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Puel gone.
    Who the feck do Leicester think they are?
    Winning the PL was a freak happenstance, they are nothing more than relegation fodder and need a reality check.
  • Options
    Uboat said:t
    Ha ha. Back luck United. 

What a shit game.
    Is it just me that doesn't understand what you are saying? 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Uboat said:t
    Ha ha. Back luck United. 

What a shit game.
    Is it just me that doesn't understand what you are saying? 
    I thought that hence my original response of a point being a good result IMO.

On reflection maybe @Uboat posted this when the own goal was disallowed
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    City now favourites for the title, but not sure i agree yet.

Liverpool are top and have (on paper) an easier run in plus also more importantly, after the 2nd leg at Bayern could well have no more cup games.

Will definitely go down to the wire though.

Be interesting to see how long Firmino is out injured for. He's a vital part of the way they play.
  • Options
    Trying not to be biased but I believe the high energy pressing game from the start of the season has gone from Liverpool game. I predicted this to happen as it happened in the previous 2 seasons.

To only have 1 shot on target from the game is very very poor. Indeed United had the better chances with only 34% possession. That Smalling/Lindelof partnership looks the business to me.
  • Options
    Trying not to be biased but I believe the high energy pressing game from the start of the season has gone from Liverpool game. I predicted this to happen as it happened in the previous 2 seasons.

To only have 1 shot on target from the game is very very poor. Indeed United had the better chances with only 34% possession. That Smalling/Lindelof partnership looks the business to me.
    Was surprised Klopp picked Henderson ahead of Keita and Milner at RB instead of Trent A-A.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    City have the best squad and are course and distance winners.  City have Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Bernado Silva, David Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan and Kevin De  Bruyne to score goals. 

How over a full season are Liverpool expected to top that in a season when Salah is finding it difficult to emulate his awards winning 2017/18 season.

I really wonder how ex pros who are paid big money to comment,  wrote off City's Premier chances. When Man United won the title so many times they would always hit top gear come February. Klopp is a good manager but Pep's hardest job is who to leave out. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:

When he doesnt referee Tottenham games he is very good.  I cant argue with that.

But he lives in Heswal, Wirral.  Just the otherside of Birkenhead.  The Wirral is predominantly Liverpool supporting.  Everyone knows if.  His local club are Tranmere Rovers.  We put 7 past them a few weeks ago.  What did he say to Poch for Poch to lose it?

I ask whether it would be appropriate for Mr A N Other of say Enfield or Chingford to be refereeing a Liverpool or Man City in the run in?!

The standard of refereeing in the PL is a joke.  The sooner VAR is introduced, the better.  Too much is at stake for mistakes to be made time and time again.
    I disagree about the standard of referees and I think they are getting better. From what I saw the ref told Poch to go away and Poch is telling the ref to go away. I am all for VAR and the error that resulted in the first goal would have been picked up by VAR where it in use but you can’t expect an assistant referree to see every deflection. Your point about the ref having something against Spurs is a bit desperate in my opinion and is probably borne out of frustration that some of the Spurs players weren’t up for the physicality that a Burnley side bring to the game.