Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Normally Chelsea win the PL title under a new manager before collapsing the next season...
  • Options
    City playing One Step Beyond at the end was brilliant!
  • Options
    To be fair it must be demotivating as a player when your manager is so tactically inept.

Playing Kante in his actual position, dropping Barkley for RLC and bringing in Hudson-Odoi to inject some pace would be a good start.
  • Options
    Barring the Scum and those stripey pricks I don't think I enjoy another team losing quite as much as Chelsea
    Me too. It’s weird, I’ve lived most of my life in London and I don’t think I know a single Chelsea fan. I’m sure they exist because their stadium is full of them, I just never actually see any in real life.
  • Options
    Chelsea down to 6th
    Sarri has said he cant motivate the players
    Lost 4-0 Bournemouth
    6-0 to City.

Man Utd reinvigorated under an old striker in OGS

would Chelsea consider getting rid of Sarri and giving Zola the job
    Can't imagine that would be any better for them. Zola is an absolutely terrible manager. The guy won 2 games from 24 at Birmingham.
  • Options
    Chelsea down to 6th
    Lost 4-0 Bournemouth
    6-0 to City.

Can't imagine that would be any better for them. Zola is an absolutely terrible manager. The guy won 2 games from 24 at Birmingham.
    How about the return of Jose.....
  • Options
    City are unreal, Chelsea came out to play and got annihilated. Also check the bench, they are still far superior as a squad and unplayable on their day, would be a shame for them not to win.

I know Arsenal and chelskis defenses are a bit shit but Arguero to score 2 hat tricks against them 2 is class
  • Options
    Mike Dean  loves his job 😂😂
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    That was quality at the end and shows a humorous side to him
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    That was quality at the end and shows a humorous side to him
    Michael Oliver should watch him and learn how to referee a game fairly.

Had yet another absolute stinker in the early kick off and took him 52 minutes to award a free kick in Spurs' favour.  VAR cant come soon enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Glad the ref didnt give a foul on the keeper there.

And of Rafa moans about the time of Wolves goal Newcastle got a throw on 91:55 they took it on 92:40 so its there own fault
  • Options
    Heartbreak for Newcastle as Wolves equalise in the 95th minute
  • Options
    Dubravka gets a lot of praise from the pundits

Reality is he’s cost Newcastle a few points from mistakes now this season.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I see Woodman was their sub keeper tonight, might be worth giving him a go
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

and he was responsible for keeping Newcastle in the game last night with two outstanding saves .. alas poor keepers .. make a great save and it's just accepted as part of the job, make a mistake and you're a useless mug
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

and he was responsible for keeping Newcastle in the game last night with two outstanding saves .. alas poor keepers .. make a great save and it's just accepted as part of the job, make a mistake and you're a useless mug
    Indeed - I have made the very same point about Pope and Phillips in the past.

How many people are talking about Aguero's dreadful miss on Sunday as opposed to the thunderbolt and hat trick that followed?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Didn’t suggest he was a poor keeper. I just find it strange how he seems to make very basic errors at crucial times.
  • Options
    Chelsea down to 6th
    Lost 4-0 Bournemouth
    6-0 to City.

And now slapped with a 2 window transfer ban by FIFA.  Ha.
  • Options
    good to see Harry Kane back playing today .. the Burnley defenders will be sure to make sure he gets a hot welcome
  • Options
    good to see Mike Dean back reffing today .. the Spurs players will be sure to make sure he gets a hot welcome

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Erm why are Burnley singing no one likes us
  • Options
    Foyth isn’t a premier league footballer. Not at CB anyway.
  • Options
    What was poch going wonky about
  • Options
    Massive chance blown for Spurs there
  • Options
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
  • Options
    Puel gone.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Puel gone.
    His time has been up for a while. There were rumours of discontent in their camp a while back and he was supposedly on borrowed time but then they went and won at Chelsea and beat Man City so they couldn't get rid of him after that.

Lo and behold the next bad little run they have, he's gone.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Pochettino showing a lack of class at the end there IMO, Spuds always capitulate when it counts
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.
  • Options
    The N West humdinger today (24/2) .. I have backed Liverpool to win this season's title, BUT they are slipping a bit and United, despite the PSG loss, are flying .. I expect Man U to win this and leave the door open for Citteeeeh to once again end up as Champs and Liverpool as Chumps
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    sam3110 said:
    Ok.  First things first.  Spurs were dire.  Eriksen showed yet again absolutely no desire and disappeared yet again. Aurier had one of his off days, its becoming a problem where he is blowing hot and cold too much.  Poch hit the panic button too early by throwing on Llorente after 60 mins and changed the direction of the game by taking Winks off who keeps it ticking.

Now, Mike Dean.  Yes, the same Mike Dean, that lives in the Wirral and never referees Liverpool.  He's now reffed 3 of our defeats this season and we're not getting the rub of the green with him.  He gives us absolutely nothing.  He had a proper mare yesterday and its becoming an issue.

Its quite clear that Dean has said something sarcy to Poch to get that reaction.  Poch may be in the wrong for snapping but Dean should know better.   Lets see what comes out in the wash about what Dean has alleged to have said to him and then feel free to judge him.

Mike Dean is turning into the new Mark Clattenburg and making it all about him when you should barely know whether a referee has been involved.
    Apart from the ball going out in your half and taking the throw about 10/15 yards in their half and then u scoring from it.

Yes their goal shouldnt have been a corner but you both had bad key decisions go against you.

To say he gave u nothing is wrong IMO