Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I find it very interesting that other than Chelsea signing Pulisic and loaning him straight out and signing Higuain on loan, that there have been no other signings to top 6 clubs this window

I think its common knowledge (maybe not on here mind you!) that Levy has been trying to shift the likes of Vincent Janssen, Georges-Kevin N'Koudou and a few other fringe players off the books before bringing anyone in. Levy wants permanent fees but clubs only interested want them on loan with no obligation to buy. No surprise but Levy's going to have to take a hit on them and obviously he is reluctant to do so. Main issue for Spurs is that we're bound by the homegrown quota where we need to have 8 homegrown players in the squad.

There's more detail on it here >> https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/premier-league-homegrown-players-rule-15000791. One of the main reasons why Walkers Peters, Oli Skipp and now Kaziah Sterling have been integrated into the squad.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Perisic go to Arsenal in the next couple of days, along with Denis Suarez. Chelsea look stronger for getting Higuain in, Liverpool and Man City have got an abundance of riches and Man Utd have got a new lease of life in them.
    Is this why Walker-Peters, who will be 22 in a couple of months time, has only played a dozen or so games for Spurs (he hasn't even been out on loan anywhere) but not been sold?
    I assume so. KWP intrigues me. When he has played on the right, whether it be a full back in a 4-2-3-1 or as a wingback in a 5-3-2, he has looked decent. Got pace to burn, can use both feet, he's just lacking a bit of experience which will come with game time. He doesn't look comfortable on the left and he's been used there a couple of times.

Now this has been a topic of discussion amongst my little group of Spurs supporting friends for a while now. I/we think KWP and Aurier should be starting ahead of Trippier. Trippier came back from the World Cup with attitude. He started the season well but he has gone well off the boil last 3 months. Its well documented that Aurier has had a few off the field issues recently so will be interesting to see what happens with him over the next few months but he's played reasonably well recently too. Thank god he's got them foul throws out of his system now. Spurs look better when Rose is on the left with his pace. Aurier and KWP have the same pace. Trippier just looks pedestrian by comparison.

• Options

Klopp getting a bit of stick tonight over getting the groundstaff to only clear snow from the half of the pitch that Liverpool attacked in the second half. Ironic given he moaned about the length of the grass after they lost at Man City.

Also Sarri has lost the plot it seems, Chelsea no better off than they were last season. No idea why he persists with playing Kante further forward, the guy was immense in the holding midfield role.

It would have been funny if Leicester had scored as a result of a Liverpool defender slipping over while defending in their own uncleared box!
  • Options
    Trippier has had a very poor season. Surprised Aurier has been used more.
  • Options
    The win over Man C has done Newcastle the world of good .. they are giving Spurs a good run for their money .. (SSports 12.30 2/2/19)
  • Options
    Once again Son does the business. Crap keeping though
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I’m going to fast forward the Spurs v Newcastle game to about 80 minutes where Llorente comes on, Spurs get it in the box because time is running out & Son gets on a knock down to give them the 1-0 win 🤔🤛 #coys
  • Options
    Excellent finish from Rashford
  • Options
    Uniteds transformation is unbelievable. They’d be contenders if they started like this.
  • Options
    Great defending from Arsenal haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Managers must hate that, all that work in training over the week and u go behind inside a minute
  • Options
    I feel a bit dirty tonight wanting West Ham to win a game.
  • Options

Great defending from Arsenal haha

Good analysis on their back 4 on MOTD2, I can't believe that a team where Bould is one of the coaches can have such a shambolic defensive line. Doesn't he remember the George Graham defensive routines with the rope etc
  • Options
    Good game. Hate to say it but west ham playing well and could nick it.
  • Options
    Big week for Man City now.
    3 points vs Everton on Wednesday can send them top on gd, then they play Chelsea this weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Another decision going Liverpool’s way too.
    How has the linesman not given that offside? It’s under his nose, or at least it would be if he was in line with the play!!!

• Options
    edited February 2019

Another decision going Liverpool’s way too.
    How has the linesman not given that offside? It’s under his nose, or at least it would be if he was in line with the play!!!

What about Citys 3rd yesterday, unfortunatly it happens and it isnt just Liverpool that get these decisions, the sooner VAR comes the better
  • Options
    Fairly sure Origi's chance at the end there was offside too?

Might be wrong as in the States and their coverage is shite, (and I'm pissed in a bar) but looked off to me.

If so, would have been controversial if he'd have finished it!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    True. Maybe Liverpool’s get highlighted more as they’re top.
    Salah going unpunished for that dive that was identical to Niasse who got banned. Wolves manager getting charged for doing a Klopp style celebration.
    They spring to mind but maybe that’s just because they are made bigger by media when it’s the team top of the league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Might be wrong as in the States and their coverage is shite, (and I'm pissed in a bar) but looked off to me.

It was definitely offside
  • Options

• Options
    Won’t ever hear the end of it if Liverpool win the league.

Klopp is such a performer he irritates me. It’s always the Klopp show.

Never thought I’d say this but COME ON CITY.
  • Options
    Liverpool have definitely had more than their fair share of luck this season.

Hoping it evens itself out before May!
  • Options
    Liverpool looked tired again tonight.
    With TAA and Gomez fit I’d be worrying they’d win the league. Can’t see it now.
  • Options

Saw a tweet earlier that Liverpool have already scored 11 offside goals in all competitions this season and had 9 pens. Some of Salah's have been dubious to say the least. Roll on the VAR.
    Add on the Origi miracle winner against Everton. Their luck at times this season has been astounding. Klopp coming out and saying the ref was bias against Liverpool because he knew the first goal was offside defied belief. Oh, then he threw in but we've got a few injuries. Ha. Just the few yeah? Good job they havent had the 38 separate injuries like Spurs have had this season. I'll tell you this. Klopp's ring has gone. They are going to melt.
  • Options
    The comment about the ref did make me laugh. "We benefited from a huge error and so that may have cost us..."

Eh?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Saw a tweet earlier that Liverpool have already scored 11 offside goals in all competitions this season and had 9 pens. Some of Salah's have been dubious to say the least. Roll on the VAR.
    Add on the Origi miracle winner against Everton. Their luck at times this season has been astounding. Klopp coming out and saying the ref was bias against Liverpool because he knew the first goal was offside defied belief. Oh, then he threw in but we've got a few injuries. Ha. Just the few yeah? Good job they havent had the 38 separate injuries like Spurs have had this season. I'll tell you this. Klopp's ring has gone. They are going to melt.
    You cant moan about injuries on a Charlton forum @JohnBoyUK , we probably have had double that :wink:

Yep it seems Liverpool are getting all the decisions and still only 3 points ahead, hope either City or Spurs win (feel dirty cheering on spurs still)
  • Options
    Worst part of the result for Liverpool last night was they need to win their away games.
    The tension at Anfield will be incredible and I feel they will more likely drop points at home because of it.
  • Options
    Both Man City and Liverpool have the same 'big games' left too

Home to Spurs
    Home to Chelsea
    Away to United