Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options

Brilliant game between Wolves and Leicester but i'd love to know how the Wolves manager can be sent off (and now probably banned) for celebrating a last minute winner with his players when absolutely nothing happened to Klopp when he did exactly the same v Everton.

If klopp got a red the tears shed from anfield would’ve caused a tsunami across the Irish Sea.

They both should be red.
  • Options
    Rashford is finally looking like a player
    That England attack is scary
  • Options
    Salah equalises
  • Options
    2-1 Liverpool :-)
  • Options
    Massive win for Arsenal over Chelsea. I imagine Chelsea will be getting slightly nervous about missing out on the top 4
  • Options
    Chelsea looked poor. No idea what Sarri's game plan was.

You have one of the best wingers/wide players in the league.......so you play him as a false 9.
    You have one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.......so you play him further forward.
    Kovacic and Jorginho offered nothing.
    Hudson-Odoi is exciting and creates stuff yet is left out for Pedro/Willian.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SportsFunnies/status/1086707092365500423?s=20

Not sure if that will work, haven’t posted a link on here before

Warning, not for squeamish people. Grim viewing of Bellerin’s injury.
  • Options
    Palarse players getting the arse and shouting at Salah for diving is the most ironic thing I have ever seen
  • Options

Brilliant game between Wolves and Leicester but i'd love to know how the Wolves manager can be sent off (and now probably banned) for celebrating a last minute winner with his players when absolutely nothing happened to Klopp when he did exactly the same v Everton.

Same ref who didn't send off klopp, sent off the wolves manager. Agree with Lineker that he was told he made an error by the refs accessor last time.
  • Options
    Mark Hudson being bold, how often do u see a caretaker manager come in and keep the squad the same as the previous game under the old manager, maybe 1 or 2 changes max.

Mark Hudson has made 6 changes for Huddersfield today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Anyone see this

Basically for those not on twitter sky thought they had seen the Dortmund coach Jan Siewert in the crowd who is favourite for Huddersfield job, so they sent a reporter to go and speak to him, turns out it wasnt Siewart but someone called John Morris who is apparently David Wagners ex agent
  • Options
    Fulham deserve the lead, they have been on top
  • Options
    Does Winks remind anyone else of Scott Parker?
    Think of him every time I see him play.
    Maybe just the way he runs
  • Options
    What this season has showed us is the top 3 sides all have a player that makes the system work

Whilst City (Fernandinho) and Spurs (Kane) have both lost these players to injury Liverpool have been fortunate that their key man (Firmino) has stayed largely injury free. It’s by no means the only reason they are top, but they’ve definitely been lucky with injuries to their front 3.
  • Options
    Harry Kane Winks with a late winner for spurs
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

What this season has showed us is the top 3 sides all have a player that makes the system work

Whilst City (Fernandinho) and Spurs (Kane) have both lost these players to injury Liverpool have been fortunate that their key man (Firmino) has stayed largely injury free. It’s by no means the only reason they are top, but they’ve definitely been lucky with injuries to their front 3.

Liverpool would miss Van Dijk the most I think.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Mitrovic is one hell of a dirty bastard. Cant believe he didnt get sent off for strangling Dave Sanchez.

Actually, I'll go as far as saying thats one of the worst refereeing performance I've seen in years. Booking Rose for diving. Missing 2 blatant pushes on Llorente. Wouldnt have been surprised to find out that the ref had a season ticket at bloody Arsenal.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Mitrovic is one hell of a dirty bastard. Cant believe he didnt get sent off for strangling Dave Sanchez.

Actually, I'll go as far as saying thats one of the worst refereeing performance I've seen in years. Booking Rose for diving. Missing 2 blatant pushes on Llorente. Wouldnt have been surprised to find out that the ref had a season ticket at bloody Arsenal.

If you mean when they both got booked from what I saw on SkySports, it looked like 50/50 both could have seen red, didnt see strangling tho but maybe I just missed it
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

If you mean when they both got booked from what I saw on SkySports, it looked like 50/50 both could have seen red, didnt see strangling tho but maybe I just missed it
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Down in the third division we applaud tackles like that 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Laddick01 said:

It's a weird one in the sense that he's probably their best player, but without Firmino the whole system collapses. Providing the front 3 is in tact they can still outscore sides
  • Options
    Based on that performance Spurs urgently need to get a striker in. Ok they won the game (just) but they have much bigger tests ahead than Fulham. 2nd leg v Chelsea, champions league v Dortmund, league games with Chelsea and Arsenal. Llorente isn't going to do much.

They've also lost Dele Alli for a few weeks now as well.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Looks a bit similar to the challenge from Armstrong on Bauer yesterday...

Poor Patrick was minding his own business in the centre circle in the first half and just got taken down by his neck

Another joke decision that saw nothing given by the ref yesterday!!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

It's a weird one in the sense that he's probably their best player, but without Firmino the whole system collapses. Providing the front 3 is in tact they can still outscore sides
    @Laddick01
    Do you watch much Premier league, sorry to be blunt... if they missed Firminio would be the biggest loss??? he was awful until the Arsenal game, both all round play and goalscoring. Granted he fits their system perfect but Van Dyk would be the biggest loss, then a certain Salah, Mane all ahead of him.

I agree Liverpool have been pretty lucky with injuries although i thought Gomez injury would hurt them and they have coped, looks like the writing is on the wall this season.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Can't believe Sanchez got booked for that. Bizarre.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Can't believe Sanchez got booked for that. Bizarre.
    Literally won the ball, tried to dribble clear then as soon as Mitro got pushy he walked away.
    Crazy to get a yellow for that.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I find it very interesting that other than Chelsea signing Pulisic and loaning him straight out and signing Higuain on loan, that there have been no other signings to top 6 clubs this window
  • Options

I find it very interesting that other than Chelsea signing Pulisic and loaning him straight out and signing Higuain on loan, that there have been no other signings to top 6 clubs this window

I think its common knowledge (maybe not on here mind you!) that Levy has been trying to shift the likes of Vincent Janssen, Georges-Kevin N'Koudou and a few other fringe players off the books before bringing anyone in. Levy wants permanent fees but clubs only interested want them on loan with no obligation to buy. No surprise but Levy's going to have to take a hit on them and obviously he is reluctant to do so. Main issue for Spurs is that we're bound by the homegrown quota where we need to have 8 homegrown players in the squad.

There's more detail on it here >> https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/premier-league-homegrown-players-rule-15000791. One of the main reasons why Walkers Peters, Oli Skipp and now Kaziah Sterling have been integrated into the squad.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Perisic go to Arsenal in the next couple of days, along with Denis Suarez. Chelsea look stronger for getting Higuain in, Liverpool and Man City have got an abundance of riches and Man Utd have got a new lease of life in them.
  • Options
    Klopp getting a bit of stick tonight over getting the groundstaff to only clear snow from the half of the pitch that Liverpool attacked in the second half. Ironic given he moaned about the length of the grass after they lost at Man City.

Also Sarri has lost the plot it seems, Chelsea no better off than they were last season. No idea why he persists with playing Kante further forward, the guy was immense in the holding midfield role.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I think its common knowledge (maybe not on here mind you!) that Levy has been trying to shift the likes of Vincent Janssen, Georges-Kevin N'Koudou and a few other fringe players off the books before bringing anyone in. Levy wants permanent fees but clubs only interested want them on loan with no obligation to buy. No surprise but Levy's going to have to take a hit on them and obviously he is reluctant to do so. Main issue for Spurs is that we're bound by the homegrown quota where we need to have 8 homegrown players in the squad.

There's more detail on it here >> https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/premier-league-homegrown-players-rule-15000791. One of the main reasons why Walkers Peters, Oli Skipp and now Kaziah Sterling have been integrated into the squad.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Perisic go to Arsenal in the next couple of days, along with Denis Suarez. Chelsea look stronger for getting Higuain in, Liverpool and Man City have got an abundance of riches and Man Utd have got a new lease of life in them.
    Is this why Walker-Peters, who will be 22 in a couple of months time, has only played a dozen or so games for Spurs (he hasn't even been out on loan anywhere) but not been sold?